The Sorcerer's Hat Is Staying

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by pheneix
Another thought:

Even if the "average visitor" is so easily won over, then what stops them from being so easily lost? From working with a travel agent, I know that some people will go to WDW one year and then stop going for another ten years. They'll take their money and go anywhere else, even that place right down the street.*

Well, most people see WDW as a place they have to see at least once in their life. Whether or not they are "wow"ed by it is something they will determine later. Knowing many people that take a vacation every year, they like to "see the world". Once they've see one thing, then next year, its on to the other. My mom, for instance, really likes Disney, but going there year after year is just something that can become redundant, unless you are a big fan. Even if Disney or Universal comes out with something "so amazing that you have to go back", people won't do this, because they haven't seen Las Vegas yet, or Texas yet, or they want to go see the Swiss Alps sometime before they die.

If they like Disney, well, they will probably come back sooner or later to see how things have changed. And going to Disney in 10 year intervals to me can be a great thing, because you have tons of new stuff to see.

TravisMT81

I like the auto display at the end of Test Track. I love to get into the car and checked them out without a sales man flying over to you LOL.

MKingdom25

One word about the so-called minority of "die-hard fans." We generally spend 5 times more in one year than the average visitor will in their lifetime.

Just a thought...

If this includes purchases at the Disney Store, probably more than that! :lol:

Vernonpush

old icon

if the hat is the new icon for the studio does that mean that they will be taking down the old one? Possibly for expansion of the park?

MKingdom25

Re: old icon

Originally posted by Vernonpush
if the hat is the new icon for the studio does that mean that they will be taking down the old one? Possibly for expansion of the park?

You mean take down the Mickey watertower? I seriously doubt it. Thats all studio operation back there.

cymbaldiva

One word about the so-called minority of "die-hard fans." We generally spend 5 times more in one year than the average visitor will in their lifetime.

Just a thought...

And there you have it Boys & Girls! That is SOOO true!!! :D

'bout the hat;

Okay, I was in the studios when I was waiting in line for RnRC. I was talking to a cast member, who used to go to school with my cousin. I specifically asked him why they chose to place the hat in front of the chinese theater. He said that they are shaky about keeping the Great Movie Ride, which is in the Chinese theater. It might close for a complete refurb, or might go completely, so the hat was placed there to take attention from the theater (and the great movie ride)

As to repositioning it, I am not to sure about that. For all of you who went while it was being constructed, you saw the mammoth size of the supports, and the extraorinary amount of work that went into that hat. Repositioning doesnt sound like an option, and it coming down soon doesnt seem to likely! :)

STGRhost

One word about the so-called minority of "die-hard fans." We generally spend 5 times more in one year than the average visitor will in their lifetime. Just a thought...

Even if that's true, the people who spend that ammount of money on Disney are still in a very small minority. As a buisness, Disney can't spend a lot of money catering to such a small percentage of thier customer base when what they're already doing seems to be working for the rest.

pheneix

>>>Even if that's true, the people who spend that ammount of money on Disney are still in a very small minority.<<<

That doesn't matter. If you have one loyal customer that spends $100 a week with you, but you have 10 other peeps that you've never seen in your life spending $10 a week, who do you cater to?

>>>what they're already doing seems to be working for the rest<<<

Yeah, room rates have been slashed by over 40% this fall at WDW, a theme park is being given away to the public for free at Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris will probably go bankrupt again if they can't get more "average guests" to visit their new park. The fact is, all of these "average guests" are the first people to take their bags and go to the beach when the economy gets tough.

pheneix

>>>What about this free theme park Disneyland thing?<<<

Discounts at DCA are now running so deep that kids can get in for free, and for only $14 you can have it tacked on to your regular Disneyland admission. They are effectively giving DCA away now.

jmarc63

Re: old icon

Originally posted by Vernonpush

If there were to be an expansion, rumor has it that it would be expanded to the other side of world drive .

TURKEY

Re: Re: old icon

Originally posted by jmarc63

If there were to be an expansion, rumor has it that it would be expanded to the other side of world drive .

I don't see that ever happening. I don't see expanding across one of the major roads in Disney to be an option, even if you are talking about building a walkway above the road, etc.

jmarc63

Re: Re: Re: old icon

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

I don't see that ever happening. I don't see expanding across one of the major roads in Disney to be an option, even if you are talking about building a walkway above the road, etc.

Well that was the plan for park expansion. It is the smallest park and they had mentioned expansion but I would'nt want it till they fix the other problems they have I on property.

Personally, I think it should be taken down. Kinda looks silly the way that it blocks your view of the Chinese Theatre from down Hollywood Blvd. Not to get of the main topic, but that stupid Mickey hand really needs to be removed from our beloved EPCOT Center. It makes the futuristic looking Spaceship Earth look cheesy. Don't the Disney people know that changing things around like that causes diehard fans grief?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom