The Sorcerer's Hat - Hollywood Studios

trr1

Original Poster
i just read on another site that the hat might be leaving dhs. god i hope so i didnt really like it in front of gmr
user_offline.gif

disney4life2008

i just read on another site that the hat might be leaving dhs. god i hope so i didnt really like it in front of gmr
user_offline.gif

The hat is beautiful but its placement is rather odd. Due to space I understand what they were going for.. but for a hat just to be sitting there looks weird. I like it though.. it has become the new centerpiece of Hollywood Studios..

danesporty

As much as I would like to see the Chinese Theatre as soon as you walk into the park again, I dont see it happening anytime soon.

brucie

Down with the Hat!

I don't hate it like i hated the Wand, but the chinese theater looks better in the background!!

wdwCC

Could they build a giant Mickey hand coming out of the ground and hang the hat.....
sovxx.gif
ok maybe that's not a good idea.

PaisleyMF

No, the Earful Tower is the icon for the Studios. Of course we needed another Pin Trading station, so now we got the hat.:brick:

Yup, it was the original icon, but it was replaced by you guess it, the Hat.

Cmdr_Crimson said:
It's weird tho that they Block the Chinese theater and yet at Warner Brothers Movieworld...They have one and shows a 3D movie instead.

Yes but they kinda own the Chinese Theater.

Now let me get the pop corn and soda to see where we going with this one.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:​

Roxas

The first time I went to MGM the "Ear"ffel Tower was the symbol. To be honest though I do quite like the hat and he theater isn't that memorable IMHO. (I actually didn't realise the theatre was even there until I went on GMR for the first time last year.

raven

One rumor a while back about it's placement had to do with the theater it'self. I guess management at the original theater didn't want Disney selling pictures of people in front of it (Photopass). This was supposed to be the reason why the hat was placed there as to block the theater from being in the pictures. That was a rumor though so I don't know how much truth was in it.

Jerm

It's weird tho that they Block the Chinese theater and yet at Warner Brothers Movieworld...They have one and shows a 3D movie instead.

Yes but they kinda own the Chinese Theater.

Not sure where you are getting your info, but the Grauman's Chinese Theatre is owned by the Mann Theater chain, they have nothing to do with Warner Brothers.:brick::brick::brick::brick:

I know that the folks at WDI have 2 things they would love to get rid of at Walt Disney World the "Leave a Legacy" stones and the Hat. So it is something they have wanted to do, but when it does happen....who knows?

raven

I know that the folks at WDI have 2 things they would love to get rid of at Walt Disney World the "Leave a Legacy" stones and the Hat. So it is something they have wanted to do, but when it does happen....who knows?

The hat soesn't really have any guest attachment to it. The stones have guests' pictures on them and removing them could cause a lot of controversy. I have a tile on there myself but don't really care for the look of the stones. I'd like to see the tiles placed somewhere else around the same location but just get rid of the stones.

SirGoofy

The hat soesn't really have any guest attachment to it. The stones have guests' pictures on them and removing them could cause a lot of controversy. I have a tile on there myself but don't really care for the look of the stones. I'd like to see the tiles placed somewhere else around the same location but just get rid of the stones.

I doubt many people would care. Half the things are empty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom