The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys

Thank you to both teams for the projects!

I’m driving home now and will review the projects once settled!
POV: @spacemt354 walking into his house to get those reviews done:
IMG_0519.gif

(pretend he’s sulley ok?)

PerGron

Well with this round done, I’m going to publicly announce that I am stepping down from this game and removing my candidacy for moving forward. I had a lot of fun and there have been some amazing projects, but I’ve hit a brick wall in terms of my own creativity and writing and I need to just accept the burnout for what it is.

I’ll definitely be hanging around and have a few things maybe in the works behind the scenes for involvement in future games, but I’m soft retiring from playing for a while to recover from this burnout.

Thank you all for making the last few years of games for being awesome and should I return from retirement at some point, I promise it’ll be a reckoning you won’t want to miss

Mr. Sullivan

Well with this round done, I’m going to publicly announce that I am stepping down from this game and removing my candidacy for moving forward. I had a lot of fun and there have been some amazing projects, but I’ve hit a brick wall in terms of my own creativity and writing and I need to just accept the burnout for what it is.

I’ll definitely be hanging around and have a few things maybe in the works behind the scenes for involvement in future games, but I’m soft retiring from playing for a while to recover from this burnout.

Thank you all for making the last few years of games for being awesome and should I return from retirement at some point, I promise it’ll be a reckoning you won’t want to miss
It’s so very sad to hear this, but I wish you the best as you recharge and relax some. You’ve been nothing short of a marvel to watch work and I feel incredibly thankful to have gotten to work with you if only for a little while!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
While we wait for reviews and finalists and all that, let's take a moment to shout out @spacemt354 for leading us through an amazing season! This has been both one of the most unique feeling games while also feeling like classic SA. A perfect balance, creative prompts, and an awesome host! Thanks for everything you do to make the forum special, Space!

Chili's on me!

Mr. Sullivan

While we wait for reviews and finalists and all that, let's take a moment to shout out @spacemt354 for leading us through an amazing season! This has been both one of the most unique feeling games while also feeling like classic SA. A perfect balance, creative prompts, and an awesome host! Thanks for everything you do to make the forum special, Space!

Chili's on me!
Absolutely. This was incredible!

While we wait for reviews and finalists and all that, let's take a moment to shout out @spacemt354 for leading us through an amazing season! This has been both one of the most unique feeling games while also feeling like classic SA. A perfect balance, creative prompts, and an awesome host! Thanks for everything you do to make the forum special, Space
Same, he also invited me onto House Tinttirro for the new westernland prompt so I could see how games like this work, he didn’t had to that, but I’m grateful he did it to show that he cares about newer posters. Because of that, I think I’m going to play in @Tegan pilots a chicken ‘s What If? vol. 2 game next month. Thank you for encouraging me space!

OSUPhantom

Chili's on me!
Cheers to that!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Zq8Augl.png

SUPER NINTENDO WORLD: Universe of Light

Overall, I thought this team did a wonderful job top down. The leadership of the round kept things on point. @Tegan pilots a chicken restrained herself on many occasions from making this a giant Metroid land, and for that I think we all have to give her credit. But what I was most impressed by was how many people on this team decided to burst out of their comfort zone and do something completely unique to their prior skillsets which was fantastic to see.

I think this is on display in two prominent locations - the computerized map by @Earlie the Pearlie was a very cool addition. I know how proud you are of that artwork and you should be. Tegan's map was also fantastic. In addition, @JokersWild making Mario Party Central was something that threw me for a loop in a good way. It's a huge step up in the presentation department, with custom artwork, book format, all in all it made the presentation of it that much more engaging and original. I loved everything about it, in particular all the technical aspects that permeated the book.

Super Smash Sentral was another highlight to the project. I feel like the due date kind of messed with this team. Unfortunately it was smack dab in the middle of the work day and I wish I would have reconized this but I too was also working. I thank @ThemeParkPriest for assembling the project together and posting on behalf of the PM and others, but I do feel like this should have been front and center, or at the very least, the 'sentral' theme of the area should have been addressed first, as this feels more like the introduction to the project more than anything else. I really do like the lights being the central theme of what brings all of these properties together. And the coaster itself teased in the map overview really does live up to the hype. The Energy Ultimate Coaster bein an AI-assisted using an algorithm to provide the best experience is something I was not expecting to see in an imagineering project - but in this area it works very well even if perhaps a bit on the unpractical side today. The Super Smash challenge inside Wuhu Mountain and Tom Nook's Cafe expand the area and give it more activities to explore as well.

Next is the Legend of Zelda and wow this from top to bottom might be @OSUPhantom 's best work of all time. Perhaps in prior games there was no outlet for Zelda? Because goodness you took this part and ran with it. I could honestly write piece by piece and compliment each item individually, but it might take me too long to type. Just know that each aspect of this area, from the map, to the attraction descriptions, to the overall feel of the land felt like a labor of love on your part and it was definitely noticed.

Kirby's Dreamland and the artwork was great as well. Really like the secondary look of the land from Tegan as well as the contribution from Priest as well. This is a nice little nook in the overall landscape that adds more variety to the Nintendo properties along with a popular colorful character that would for sure be a hit for the target audience. The Pokemon location, while a bit incomplete, is dominated by the original Pokemon artwork which by far was one of the best aspects of this area. Really like the attention to detail and how authentic they feel.

Finally, the Just Press Start fireworks show was a nice touch, a really great way to round out the park - great job on this aspect Earlie! Lastly, I'm very sorry if I missed this, but was there a connection to Super Nintendo World? Was it a beam of light that connected the worlds? I tried reading through each of the areas twice I couldn't find where it was written. I know it was brainstormed, but I couldn't find it in the final product. In the end, this was a valiant effort despite many real world hours, especially toward the end. For some this may be their last endeavor in the game, and I think each and everyone one of you finished strong and should be very proud of this season!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

Chili's on me!
Absolutely. This was incredible!
Same, he also invited me onto House Tinttirro for the new westernland prompt so I could see how games like this work, he didn’t had to that, but I’m grateful he did it to show that he cares about newer posters. Because of that, I think I’m going to play in @Tegan pilots a chicken ‘s What If? vol. 2 game next month. Thank you for encouraging me space!
Cheers to that!
Thank you all! Really appreciate it. These forums mean a lot to me, I've been active here for almost 10 years and I'm glad despite everything in the real world I can still contribute here.

This season was especially challenging on a personal level with hours as things manifested I wasn't expecting throughout the summer and I had to balance a lot, but it was all of you and your passion, enthusiasm, and excitement that really kept me going and made me happy each time I arrived here! I'm glad you all had a wonderful time, old players and new alike, as without the players we wouldn't have a game. Cheers to all of you!

JokersWild

Zq8Augl.png

Overall, I thought this team did a wonderful job top down. The leadership of the round kept things on point. @Tegan pilots a chicken restrained herself on many occasions from making this a giant Metroid land, and for that I think we all have to give her credit. But what I was most impressed by was how many people on this team decided to burst out of their comfort zone and do something completely unique to their prior skillsets which was fantastic to see.

I think this is on display in two prominent locations - the computerized map by @Earlie the Pearlie was a very cool addition. I know how proud you are of that artwork and you should be. Tegan's map was also fantastic. In addition, @JokersWild making Mario Party Central was something that threw me for a loop in a good way. It's a huge step up in the presentation department, with custom artwork, book format, all in all it made the presentation of it that much more engaging and original. I loved everything about it, in particular all the technical aspects that permeated the book.

Super Smash Sentral was another highlight to the project. I feel like the due date kind of messed with this team. Unfortunately it was smack dab in the middle of the work day and I wish I would have reconized this but I too was also working. I thank @ThemeParkPriest for assembling the project together and posting on behalf of the PM and others, but I do feel like this should have been front and center, or at the very least, the 'sentral' theme of the area should have been addressed first, as this feels more like the introduction to the project more than anything else. I really do like the lights being the central theme of what brings all of these properties together. And the coaster itself teased in the map overview really does live up to the hype. The Energy Ultimate Coaster bein an AI-assisted using an algorithm to provide the best experience is something I was not expecting to see in an imagineering project - but in this area it works very well even if perhaps a bit on the unpractical side today. The Super Smash challenge inside Wuhu Mountain and Tom Nook's Cafe expand the area and give it more activities to explore as well.

Next is the Legend of Zelda and wow this from top to bottom might be @OSUPhantom 's best work of all time. Perhaps in prior games there was no outlet for Zelda? Because goodness you took this part and ran with it. I could honestly write piece by piece and compliment each item individually, but it might take me too long to type. Just know that each aspect of this area, from the map, to the attraction descriptions, to the overall feel of the land felt like a labor of love on your part and it was definitely noticed.

Kirby's Dreamland and the artwork was great as well. Really like the secondary look of the land from Tegan as well as the contribution from Priest as well. This is a nice little nook in the overall landscape that adds more variety to the Nintendo properties along with a popular colorful character that would for sure be a hit for the target audience. The Pokemon location, while a bit incomplete, is dominated by the original Pokemon artwork which by far was one of the best aspects of this area. Really like the attention to detail and how authentic they feel.

Finally, the Just Press Start fireworks show was a nice touch, a really great way to round out the park - great job on this aspect Earlie! Lastly, I'm very sorry if I missed this, but was there a connection to Super Nintendo World? Was it a beam of light that connected the worlds? I tried reading through each of the areas twice I couldn't find where it was written. I know it was brainstormed, but I couldn't find it in the final product. In the end, this was a valiant effort despite many real world hours, especially toward the end. For some this may be their last endeavor in the game, and I think each and everyone one of you finished strong and should be very proud of this season!
I think it kind of got lost in my presentation and the lack of a real intro, but Mario Party Central and its integration into the existing SNW app was meant to be the connection. Appreciate the kind words. Mario Party Central was a blast to make!

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Zq8Augl.png

1727142818834.png
Pokemon was lost in the shuffle during the afternoon craze, so here's the link

Last edited:

Earlie the Pearlie

Lastly, I'm very sorry if I missed this, but was there a connection to Super Nintendo World? Was it a beam of light that connected the worlds? I tried reading through each of the areas twice I couldn't find where it was written. I know it was brainstormed, but I couldn't find it in the final product. In the end, this was a valiant effort despite many real world hours, especially toward the end. For some this may be their last endeavor in the game, and I think each and everyone one of you finished strong and should be very proud of this season!
I think we also intended the dual-land fireworks show to be a connection as well, although that probably should have been stated explicitly. Sorry that it got so lost in translation!

cdunlap

I am both. I am Sulley.
Welp, I’ll see that in my nightmares!
And I’m Cdunlap! Sit down and relax, please! To help you calm down, I’ll prep you two cups of tea! One is a transcendent Japanese matcha tea and the other is an effervescent black tea from the tea fields of Sri Lanka with milk! After that, I’ll give you a nice, long lecture about ancient Mexican and Peruvian history!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom