The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
vIhIpcu.jpeg

Hey - hey you! Are you hosting an imagineering competition and want to get people excited? Do you have a Muppets prompt? No?! Well...maybe you should!

If RDJ is coming back to the MCU, the Muppets can return to the SAU... 😅

While we have done many Muppet prompts in the past, not only do we have many new SAU players, but we have Disney MGM Studios to hold a larger Muppet footprint especially given the recent Monster's Inc announcements in the real world.

Overall, this was another musical based prompt, I believe the first time in SA history that we have 2 musical/show prompts in the same season. The highlight of this prompt to me was the scripts. They felt authentically Muppets and genuinely were hilarious. That humor would carry forward as well. @Lord Fozzinator and Muppets was a no-brainer. Glad he got the opportunity to shine with his favorite characters as well as others like @AceAstro who are in-tune with Muppets and SAU lore.

Behind the Scenes: This was originally titled 'The Polar Express' It was an Adventures by Disney prompt - to design a winter train to the Pahkope Ski Resort (a custom Canadian DVC resort designed in Season 4).

It would be like a Disney cruise prompt where you design the interiors, rooms, entertainment, dining, etc, except it would be a Disney train! Maybe in a future season!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
6BTP4Sd.jpeg

It's another SAU tradition to include a marketing prompt within each season. Seasons 1-3 had more grounded marketing campaigns for WDW's 50th anniversary or things in that nature. Season 4 was in 2018 when there was the Tomorrowland Purple Wall trend going on social media. And because marketing prompts weren't that popular in past seasons, the switch to a more meme-ish style of marketing came into play.

Since then there have been several marketing campaigns within the season, notably in Season 5 when there was a bathroom prompt and a poop themed restroom was added to Animal Kingdom...

Now...
Theres-Three-Actually-meme-10.jpg

Behind the Scenes: There was an idea for a Dinoland based prompt early on, but I eventually decided against it because we do have a South American land in the SAU DAK and I didn't want people to be thrust into dinos for the sake of dinos. I try to give a variety in the prompts and locations, like for instance this season we didn't go to Disneyland Brazil, Disneyland Resort, Magic Kingdom, which is crazy to think about. We wouldn't have gone to Disney's Animal Kingdom since Season 5, so I definitely wanted to include it in this season, even if it was a poop themed prompt.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
m3kww5O.jpeg

There were originally 13 prompts to the season (for 3 month prompts 11-14 seem like the sweet spot) with the exception being Season 7 which had 16 but that was an event with a variety of circumstances in its favor and not the norm for any future competition hosts.

However, it was cut to 12, with Book Ten being the start of the playoffs. It was before this we said goodbye to incredible talent like @NateD1226 who came back and truly defined himself in artwork, prose and much more, but did have the courtesy to let me know he would be busier going forward.

Same goes for @Lizzy May Bee and @Lord Fozzinator who I think no doubt in the next game or the next SA will make it further and continue to grow.

New Westernland vs New Westernland -- this just shows how special these two teams were. Both went in different directions with their Westernlands, but both worked with such passion on display that it was so so close to determine the winner.

Behind the Scenes: This prompt was thanks to @JokersWild in the pre-season prompt pool. It was always intended to be a playoff prompt. Where exactly it fit in remained to be seen, but I didn't want to have the finale prompt be something that someone suggested so as to not pull the desire in one direction or another. But this was a challenge that was playoff worthy and both teams were fantastic. This was actually the first Tokyo Disneyland prompt in the SAU (anything prior had been in Tokyo DisneySea or Season 5's Ikspiari's New Coat prompt.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
This is blatant warm dr pepper erasure and I guarantee @Lizzy May Bee will not stand for this :p
I will say looking at both projects right now and being a narc... that neither of the drinks above will satisfy the choice of choosing a winner😂

Can you all not be good for just one round? lol

Gonna need something from @Tegan pilots a chicken 's fridge or @D Hulk 's saturday nights

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I will say looking at both projects right now and being a narc... that neither of the drinks above will satisfy the choice of choosing a winner😂

Can you all not be good for just one round? lol

Gonna need something from @Tegan pilots a chicken 's fridge or @D Hulk 's saturday nights
I promise that if you put me through to the finals, I'll throw it to make your life easier :p

cdunlap

Now that we are all caught up, I need a beverage --- but we don't have an unofficial drink of the SAU

So which should it be... Budweiser Zero or Monster Energy ? @Chaos Cat any ideas?
81HEjZZVTMS._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

71Mqp0NFlsL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
How about a nice, warm cup of Japanese green tea AND a nice, warm cup of Sri Lankan black tea with milk! Yes, both of these drinks even though they are both TEA!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Well, now that you mention it…

LITERALLY JUST EARLIE THE PEARLIE PRESENTS:
SUPER NINTENDO WORLD
a completely original concept by me AND ONLY ME NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE BRAND NEW

Good thing you didn't post this after a 24 hr call for me I would have thought this was really you lol

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
To both teams:

I got called in to cover tomorrow morning, so I won't be able to stay up tonight to review. With that said, I understand tonight is Sunday night and people need to sleep, so ..
I will extend the due date until tomorrow at 3 PM PST (6 PM EST)

I won't be home until after to complete the reviews anyway, so no use in rushing tonight.

If you are done and want to post - feel free! But I want to give you the option to sleep, wake up tomorrow, edit anything needed, and then post when awake and ready.

ThemeParkPriest

House Heimlichen presents

Super Nintendo World: Universe of Light

1727126683186.png

1727127048103.png

1727126725369.png

1727126950340.png

Mario Party Central
1727126204263.png

Super Smash

Legend of Zelda: Kingdom of Hyrule

Kirby's Land

Pokemon: Calaroara Region
Inspired by sandy/rocky Californian and European western coasts, dotted with redwood and cherry trees. Mediterranean climate, rare snow occurs when an Articuno passes by. Fusion of San Francisco buildings and Japanese temples, with its own unique lore and myth.

Attractions

Eevee's Evolution Carousel - Pick your Eevee to ride on to the Pokemon theme adapted into a Calaroara cultural texture!
Pokemon: Underwater Expeditions - Similar to 20,000 leagues, journey into the little-explored underwater universe of Pokemon, taking a chance to see the massive Kyogre eye-to-eye!

Shopping/Dining
Healing Center - Heal/Interact with your pets, buy DLC, accessories, merch, and perhaps adopt your own Pokemon! The healing center can also be found in Smash Sentral.
Tacookie's Cookie Stand - Delecious cookies from Calaroara starter character Tacookie.
Additional USJ unique Shopping/Dining?

Pokemon Interactive Experience
Players can purchase Pokeballs featuring one of three starter characters in the Healing Center. The purchase unlocks the Pokemon interactive game throughout SNW, where you can battle other Pokemon (provided with AR tech "safety glasses") around the Worlds of Light, evolve your pet, and ultimately fight in the Calaroara Gym, battling the trainer there. (I'll cover more later). "Crates" store up to 5 Pokeballs needed to collect more pets.

1727127383079.png

Tacookie (Fire+Fairy) -
A Baking raccoon dog who can burst with fire and energy!
Kapaborb (Water+Flying) - A Winged Kappa who can levitate blobs of water!
Kitsfuse (Grass+Psychic) - A Mystical kitsune who can camouflage and confuse!

Robyn Haley — New pokemon landscape to relax with and enjoy....

1726813426053.png
(Final coming in an addendum)

"Just Press Start" Fireworks

Attachments

• 1727126711843.png
    1727126711843.png
    355.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 1727127034263.png
    1727127034263.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom