The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys [CONCLUDED!]

spacemt354

Chili's
uD5URzU.jpg

A Message From Somewhere Beyond
“Welcome Imagineers” The voice came from the area of the Haunted Mansion in Liberty Square, so they group of imagineers walked towards the source. It was a ghost of Roy Disney.

Roy explained “Maleficent has tricked us all into coming here. She has set up the Sorcerer’s Apprentice Universe to be cut off from reality”

“Team Reality?!” @Tegan pilots a chicken interjected

“No no, reality itself” Roy reassured “Maleficent has been plotting all along to help you finish your journey. She wanted you all to complete the Fantasmic timeline so that she could close off the Sorcerer’s Apprentice Universe, and take over the multiverse”

“But why would she want that?” @Sharon&Susan asked

“Her defeat in Season 5 humiliated her, she has been planning this revenge ever since."

*Flashback to Season 5*
enhance

enhance

She feels that she isn’t a villain. Ever since the Pines of Paris” Roy stated.

“The Pines of what now?” @Honey Bee asked
DvqMI7j.png

“Ever since Stanza I: Pines of Paris, and the Sleeping Beauty Mine Train with Maleficent’s castle featured, she convinced the other villains that they deserved their own attractions too."

exB-pvEWI5_jn1mKnbmkvVqy3fYH2M4bCqEidE2d3fPl2mybQPd-GMchXGadUxvkZqysP-2_jPe_nf-ZLT8gfMrQzA7XXBZ46V1PrTCme5hEqqNhPpysY2XPkuFjMwqnCWxXRkChMw

*Fozzie/Outbound backs away quietly after winning Season 5 with a Villains themed park*

She vowed to take over the SAU in Season 5, but now, she’s not just after the SAU, but the entire multiverse.” Roy continued "And we need to stop that from happening."

"What about S.E.A. and Bob Iger?" wondered @Shannoninthemagic "I thought they took care of all this in Season 6?"

"Sadly, all the multiverse shenanigans have ruined S.E.A. Now Bob Chapek is in control and only cares about MEMES, so I wouldn't count on them for help"

“So basically, what you’re saying is...this is Team Brava’s fault?” @AceAstro clarified

“Indeed” Roy confirmed “If only you could have used a lesser budget and prevented this all from happening, however there is a way to fix it. There's an anniversary coming up. Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary. The Sorcerer's Apprentice Seasons have been famous for 'campaign' challenges"

"Oh dear not another campaign" @Voxel interrupted

"No, not at all" Roy reacted "You've all seen the Walt Disney World Resort now in the SAU, right? That's where you've spent the last few days. What you need to do is make the 50th anniversary the best it can be. Your hosts will take care of the rest..."

spacemt354

Chili's
uD5URzU.jpg

After dropping off the imagineers for their prompt in Walt Disney World, Kermit, Fozzie, and Hulk went to meet Yensid, as Figment was still missing after all this time. He was last seen at The Imaginarium, but the Timekeeper is nowhere to be found, and now our heroes are very concerned. Yensid received a letter from Maleficent saying that Figment has been found and is safe, but he doubts it...

ucMPhN5.jpg

Meanwhile, aboard one of the several Disney Adventures, Abe Lincoln was relaxing, thinking the Sorcerer's Apprentice Universe, and the Multiverse, were in good hands. Until he read the papers.

hBgOB7S.jpg

The grand wizard sent Kermit, Fozzie, and Hulk to find the Scarlet Witch, while he himself went to the core of the Celestial looking for Figment or Mickey - only to find there was no escape!

g901Q8o.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Y8FFh78.jpg

A77Ny12.jpg

Welcome back to the Sorcerer’s Apprentice Universe. In this universe, projects from seasons past still exist. With every season, this universe grows more complex. No place is this more apparent than in Walt Disney World, which has seen every corner altered by the SAU. It is time to celebrate that achievement!

Your task is to design a plan for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in the Sorcerer’s Apprentice Universe

This is to be a yearlong celebration beginning on October 1st, 2021, to commemorate Magic Kingdom’s 50th anniversary. Yet while Magic Kingdom will be the centerpiece of this event, you mustn’t neglect all the other magical places in Walt Disney World.

Tips
  • Your anniversary plans should take into account the previous SAU expansions (as explored in our Program Guide) plus all real world upcoming WDW plans.​
  • For this project, you may assume a world free of pandemic.​
  • Design this campaign as you please, adding new attractions, festivals, restrooms, benches, et cetera, as it suits your needs.​
Project Managers
Team Maguire
@JokersWild
Team Garfield@tcool123
Team Holland @Honey Bee

This project is due Saturday, April 10th, at 11:59 PM Walt Disney World Time.

Guest Reviewers
(more may be added)
Team Maguire @James G.
Team Garfield@WowFactor
Team Holland @Evilgidgit

Time Zones
Walt Disney World Time - 11:59 PM
Disneyland Time - 8:59 PM
Tokyo Disneyland Time - 1:59 PM
Shanghai Disneyland Time - 12:59 PM
Disneyland Paris Time - 5:59 AM

A Note on Eliminations
The Winning Team advances to the Semi-Finals
Eliminations in the 2nd and 3rd place teams will be decided based on activity. Advancing players from these teams will merge into one team. Ten players remain.
*Exceptions made if player(s) on the winning team are no-shows. If so, the most active or involved players from the losing team will advance instead.

Feel free to ask any questions, either below or in PMs. Good luck, you’ve got this! And remember, Let Yourself WOAH!

Chaos Cat

86qFfX6.png

Alright people, let's do this one last time. As we've hurdled back into the Sorcerer's Apprentice Universe, our cosmic trails have condensed to create the Sorcerer's-Verse.

In order to propel forward in this dimension - we'll need some friendly neighborhood Spidermen to help us along the way. Meet your new teams!

WQS5ri6.jpg

@Disney Dad 3000
@JokersWild
@Shannoninthemagic
@ThemeParkPriest
@Solaris Knight

04D1T8p.jpg

@tcool123
@MickeyWaffleCo.
@TwilightZone
@montydysquith-navarro
@DashHaber

d8owjP0.jpg

@Tegan pilots a chicken
@Pi on my Cake
@Honey Bee
@Sharon&Susan
@Imagineer Brandon

Team Maguire, you'll be staying at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
6MJGjSz.jpg

Team Garfield, you'll be staying at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
uEmwwBU.jpg

Team Holland, you'll be staying at Disney's Contemporary Resort
TnlryB0.jpg

Huh? Why don't I see my name here-
retire.png

Screenshot_2021-04-01-01-29-52-1.png

I'm... retired? I.. didn't make the playoff?

...Keep calm b-wolf. No gun for you. It's never time for anar- OH, TO HELL WITH IT
Tumblr_l_227922051870492.jpg

MURRDER! MURRDER EVERYTHING! SCREW ALL OF YOU! ONE MAN ANARCY! YOU ALL LOSE!

Chaos Cat

Huh? Why don't I see my name here-
View attachment 544958
View attachment 544956
I'm... retired? I.. didn't make the playoff?

...Keep calm b-wolf. No gun for you. It's never time for anar- OH, TO HELL WITH IT
View attachment 544957
MURRDER! MURRDER EVERYTHING! SCREW ALL OF YOU! ONE MAN ANARCY! YOU ALL LOSE!
(Okay, but seriously, I understand perfectly why I didn't make it to play-offs. I was admittedly rather passive for a lot of Stanzas and was getting a bit burned out by the Dubai section. Heck, I would of been more surprised if I did make it to the play-offs (that's why I used my Easter avatar early; I fully expected to get eliminated and I knew using werewolf!Freckle would be the perfect payoff for the "barely contained ball of rage" bit I've been doing). I'm just glad I managed to make it this far in.

Best of luck to everyone left!)

spacemt354

Chili's
(Okay, but seriously, I understand perfectly why I didn't make it to play-offs. I was admittedly rather passive for a lot of Stanzas and was getting a bit burned out by the Dubai section. Heck, I would of been more surprised if I did make it to the play-offs (that's why I used my Easter avatar early; I fully expected to get eliminated and I knew using werewolf!Freckle would be the perfect payoff for the "barely contained ball of rage" bit I've been doing). I'm just glad I managed to make it this far in.

Best of luck to everyone left!)
I also just want to thank you for taking it so well - as mentioned in the retirement lounge, this wasn't an easy decision, and I'll just say it now going forward won't get any easier either with playoff decisions. But that's why we have all these other options to keep people involved in the game like guest reviewing or will support you in personal imagineering threads as well going forward!

MANEATINGWREATH

\

Invites you to stop on by....

View attachment 544684

Yukon Valley

Sorry for my tardiness in posting my feedback! Go figure I was ahead of the game in posting feedback for the last project, but way behind this time. Ah well. Better late than never!

My feedback tonight will be brief.

First, I just want to say how much I love the idea of a Frontierland-style area themed to the Yukon territories. I feel as if the Pacific Northwest and Alaska in general are the unsung heroes of thematic excellence for frontier theming. Knott's Berry Farm is one of the few theme parks IRL I can think of that has a dedicated attraction (the Mystery Lodge) to this subtheme of the Wild West, so opting for Yukon Valley as your project is a huge win in my book.

Long ago, I took part in an Open Brainstorming thread that had Frontierland entirely themed to the Yukon Territory, with Big Thunder becoming Big Glacier Mountain (original title, right?) and having a giant Sasquatch involved a la Expedition Everest. The Country Bears and a cabin-style Haunted Mansion were a natural fit of course to this version of the land. But that was long ago...

Love the backstory. Simple, to the point. Not a lot to it, but a lot to it all at once. Excellent. Presentation-wise I am still amazed out how far armchair Imagineering competitions have come. I'm such a boomer when it comes to technology that this is like reading a magic show to me.

As a whole, I think this project is really well rounded and complete. Though I wish there was a bit more detail in the ride descriptions (I'm big on heavily worded things), I think everything you created was complimentary of one another, and there is only so much you can pump out in length with a project like this in a given time frame. In its entirety, it works as a solid Frontierland stand-in, and one that clearly had thought and energy put into it over the past week. I would love to see what this team in particular could do when given more time to fully flesh out the rides and other descriptions.

Have a great rest of the season! Thanks for letting me guest judge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom