The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
For me, it was Disneyland Mumbai. We were given the complete freedom to create an entire park as one giant team (a lot like 1986, but instead of taking one land at a time, we did the entire thing in two weeks, with sub-committees for each land and all sorts of fun). The only catch was every attraction had to be unique. Players, judges, guest judges, even people not formally playing got involved. Everyone was super excited and it was incredible to see the final product.

View attachment 524140
It would be really fun to do another project like this. I say that especially because I wasn’t here for this one haha.

Outbound

All right, everybody, here comes the last warmup!

The Sorcerer's Warmups
The Final Countdown

1609551580523-png.521659

Surprise, surprise, this one comes to us from The Sorcerer's Apprentice: ENDGAME; and this one brings us into the wilds of Disney's Animal Kingdom. Recently, it was speculated that Disney has finally found a way to fix the Yeti on Expedition Everest; utilizing a system that would limit vibrations in an animatronic. Although time will tell if this is true or not, that got us hosts of The Sorcerer's Apprentice thinking. There are so many other attractions -- not just at Disney's Animal Kingdom, but throughout Walt Disney World -- that are need of a fixing. Whether it be the massive stinkers, the mediocre time-wasters, or the ones plagued by animatronic malfunctions, there's a "world" of attractions that need a tune-up! Therefore...

For this prompt, come up with a way to improve any attraction at Walt Disney World.

You know the drill by now: You're allowed only one to two sentences, and you may use only one image. And remember: K.I.S.S. -- Keep It Simple, Silly! Best of luck to you all!​
STAR TOURS III
THE ADVENTURES CONTINUE TO CONTINUE

(Not that it really needs help but the more the merrier)

New Planets, Characters, and More! Star Tours is a huge success, and for 2021 this success will expand with even more variety in stories so that you can ride all day and still find new adventures to explore.

9KAHvMg.jpg

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Question of the Day
With just over 12 hours until the game begins, for the veterans, what is your favorite past SAU prompt. For the newcomers, what are you most excited to try?
I’m excited for the entire experience. I’ve only ever participated in one major competition and it’s been like three or four years since then. So I’m just stoked in general! I think this is gonna be a lot of fun

Mickeynerd17

STAR TOURS III

New Planets, Characters, and More! Star Tours is a huge success, and for 2021 this success will expand with even more variety in stories so that you can ride all day and still find new adventures to explore.

9KAHvMg.jpg
Will you redo the randomization programming so that I don't get Naboo every single time I ride?😉😉😉

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
STAR TOURS III

9KAHvMg.jpg
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS this is what we NEED

Mickeynerd17

Hey! If anybody likes blueprints, I've got a shiny new thread you might enjoy! 😀👍

TwilightZone

Question of the Day
With just over 12 hours until the game begins, for the veterans, what is your favorite past SAU prompt. For the newcomers, what are you most excited to try?
Favorite past prompt was the fix a smaller scale amusement park prompt from Endgame, like I said it was a lot of fun figuring out how to add theming to such a small park (that being Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk).

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Question of the Day
I loved the themed bathroom prompt. Partly because I always love weirder more niche prompts. Partly because Team Princes were a well oiled machine with that round and all agreed to go all in on a weird idea and make it work! It was joke, that worked in a serious way too.

As a host in season 6 seeing the cruise ship prompt develop and all three teams slowly decide on the name Disney Adventure was hilarious lol

Adventureland in Disneyland Brazil was incredible too! It was my first round with Team Brava so that right there already made it memorable. Plus, it took us to a park made for a past SA season and had us get to finish it off. A good blue sky-ish take on a land. Lots of fun!

Suchomimus

It sounds familiar, is it an epcot thing?
Does it have anything to do with Horizons?
That is exactly what it is. In fact, it's first release was just last week. It's got all the opening day Future World pavilions, plus Horizons, and something extra. I won't get into too much detail but you can find the release party and channel here and the download links and progress over here.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

LEGENDS OF LIBERTY
View attachment 523837
Located near the spot of the former Fantasyland Skyway station at Disneyland serving as a transition between Fantasyland and Frontierland, Legends of Liberty serves as a reminder of America's own fantasies of its many tall tales and sells a variety of American themed goods. The shop is inside a small circus tent (complimenting the nearby Dumbo and Casey Jr. and giving Disneyland it's own Dumbo mini-land) the posters outside may seem reminiscent of old time freak show, but their intent instead is to honor the heroes of American legends like Paul Bunyan and Johnny Appleseed that are the quintessence folk tales of the United States.
Did you make the image for this? It turned out really good and goes a long way towards helping me picture it! This could be a great transition point between the two lands and I like the idea of making a bit of a circus mini-land tucked away back there.

We’ll take a cue from the Wedway Peoplemover and open up “Tomorrowland Metro Retro Historical Society” inside the Tomorrowland Light and Power Co (the Space Mountain gift shop). This area will sell not only Space Mountain merch, but all sorts of nifty retro-style soft goods, toys etc representing classic Tomorrowland, including: Circle Vision, Mission to Mars, and Dreamflight!

View attachment 523841
This building has been struggling with finding an identity since the arcade closed. And with Tron next door it could use an update like this! Anything that adds more storytelling to Tomorrowland is always a win in my book. I know some people want this building removed, but I'm a fan of it and this sounds like a good use for it!

The Dream Port
iu
In the new gift shop for Imagination, guests enter a loving recreation of Dreamfinder's Dreamport from the original attraction, filled with many imaginative things Dreamfinder found on his journey (including tie ins from the comic and S.E.A). Guests can buy many imaginative and sciencey toys, such as a static electricity ball toy, Legos, puzzles, and candy making kits, as well as the obvious Dreamfinder and Figment merch and the Dreamfinder comics.

pavilions are kinda like lands right?
Figment stuff is always cool. This would be a fantastic way to add in some fun fanservice too. Plus, a good chance to solidify what Dreamfinders story actually is with the original ride, comics, and S.E.A. ties. And imaginative toys and playsets and things just feel perfect for EPCOT. My only concern is how well it would fit into the current version of the "land." It would need to be done alongside an update to the Pavilion since it doesn't really go with the Imagination Institute theme.

Good grief, I missed two prompts in a row. How long is the turnaround for each prompt anyway? 8 hours?

Visions Extraordinaires
(Extraordinary Visions)

KVDS-20170505-213336-NIKON-D5-1200x800.jpg

Replacing the current Light Speed Photography kiosk at the exit of Space Mountain (currently Hyperspace Mountain) in Discoveryland, Visions Extraordinaires will continue the Victorian "gentleman's club" architecture found in the Baltimore Gun Club lounge section of the queue, including its starry ceiling, some renderings of the "space capsules" (ride vehicles) that have shot guests either to the Moon, a supernova, or a galaxy far, far away, and even several portraits of the Club's members (one member, in particular, might seem familiar to Disney fans, given his personal attachment on the project). In this new shop, guests exiting the attraction may purchase their on-ride photo, as well as some Space Mountain and Discoveryland-themed apparel and souvenirs (e.g.: a model of the Columbiad cannon, or even Nine-Eye from the defunct opening-day attraction Le Visionarium).​
I love the Trip to the Moon/Verne theming of this and this would just be a beautiful shop to explore and a great extension of Discoveryland's theming! It might be a bit clashing next to the current Hyperspace Mountain version. But that is supposed to be temporary and probably won't last long now that their version of Galaxy's Edge is being built *Stares angrily at Star Wars Launch Bay*

Country Bear General Store
View attachment 523872
Located at the exit to Country Bear Jamboree in Frontierland, this charming gift shop is run by the Country Bears themselves - so, naturally, it's a bit of a mess. Country Bear merchandise of all kinds can be found here, from t-shirts to plushes to musical instruments, and adding to the fun are a mounted fish, a bighorned ram trophy head, and a caged rattlesnake who strike up conversations with the guests, similar to Max, Buff and Melvin.
Alright, so from the realism perspective as someone who is very familiar with this area I can say that this wouldn't really work since it exits right into the lobby of Pecos Bill. But that is the kind of realism level that SA doesn't really care about because most people wouldn't know it unless they've spent a ton of time there. So, no points off there (And a super small shop might fit).

I love Country Bears! I feel like with the right marketting they could be a bigger brand for Disney. This kind of niche store would be a great way to foster the kind of fandom a few other rides have. Plus, who wouldn't want to by and official Country Bears blowing jug.

Dr. Facilier's Shadow Emporium

3b2e9e63e60fa8a18c9bd5fecdbecb49.jpg

To go along with Splash Mountain being rethemed to The Princess and the Frog, Magic Kingdom's Frontierland will see a new store turn up that's a creepy and mysterious nook run by the Shadow Man, Dr. Facilier. From macabre collectibles like tarot cards and paperweight skulls to merchandise and apparel inspired by Disney's famous array of villains, you are certain to find something that's perfect for you and your friends on the other side.​
A fantastic and very grounded idea. One that I'd be shocked if Disney doesn't actually do. Dr. F is probably the best Disney villain since the Renaissance and deserves some respect like this!

View attachment 523911

CONCOURSE GIFTS
Located right outside the Soarin attraction exit at EPCOT, Concourse Gifts takes up the space of the old entrance to Food Rocks/the old location of fastpass ticket distribution in an expanded location to sell ever increasing amounts of Soarin merchandise. The store gives off the vibe of a futuristic airport with it's sweeping blue waves and red glider designs all around while still blending in with The LAND pavilion as a whole!

I feel like this might have the same issues as the Soarin queue itself of feeling a bit bland and plain. But it is a sleek aesthetic and extending it out a bit might help the Land Pavilion feel a bit more cohesive! Might not be the most exciting theme, but nothing wrong with something simple and clean.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom