The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

DisneyManOne

All right, everybody, here comes the last warmup!

The Sorcerer's Warmups
The Final Countdown

1609551580523-png.521659

Surprise, surprise, this one comes to us from The Sorcerer's Apprentice: ENDGAME; and this one brings us into the wilds of Disney's Animal Kingdom. Recently, it was speculated that Disney has finally found a way to fix the Yeti on Expedition Everest; utilizing a system that would limit vibrations in an animatronic. Although time will tell if this is true or not, that got us hosts of The Sorcerer's Apprentice thinking. There are so many other attractions -- not just at Disney's Animal Kingdom, but throughout Walt Disney World -- that are need of a fixing. Whether it be the massive stinkers, the mediocre time-wasters, or the ones plagued by animatronic malfunctions, there's a "world" of attractions that need a tune-up! Therefore...

For this prompt, come up with a way to improve any attraction at Walt Disney World.

You know the drill by now: You're allowed only one to two sentences, and you may use only one image. And remember: K.I.S.S. -- Keep It Simple, Silly! Best of luck to you all!​

91JLovesDisney

Hey, guys, I hope you don't mind me asking this again, but I figured if I ask here, I may get more responses.

Yesterday, I had a thought: Looking back at all these old attractions for inspiration, I wondered...maybe I should swap out Dreamflight in favor of its predecessor, If You Had Wings?

The idea I have for integrating If You Had Wings into New Tomorrowland is that Tomorrowland is a place where instantaneous travel not only applies to space (as seen in The Mysterious Galaxy), but to anywhere in the world. Hence, the old 70s airport is turned into more of a sci-fi, Jetsons-esque airport, in keeping with the wacky Deco-Tech design of New Tomorrowland. With this Jetsons influence, the globe the Omnimovers sail into makes logistic sense.

Plus, the biggest reason I initially had with keeping Dreamflight is that the similarities between If You Had Wings and Soarin'. However, the "instantaneous travel" concept is how I can potentially explain If You Had Wings' continued presence while Soarin' is open. Since If You Had Wings focuses mainly on Central America and the Caribbean and Soarin'...well, you'll see tomorrow...it could be possible to keep the two open together. Furthermore, I realized that there is a similar set-up to my new Soarin' entrance and the refigured queue I set up for Dreamflight -- starts in a museum, involves a jet tunnel.

And of course, should I keep If You Had Wings, I'd make sure the ride's projections get updated over the years.

I'm a little conflicted. So, to all my fellow Armchair Imagineers reading this, help me out: Which attraction do you think I should keep -- If You Had Wings or Dreamflight?
Dreamflight

TwilightZone

The Sorcerer's Warmups
The Final Countdown

1609551580523-png.521659

Surprise, surprise, this one comes to us from The Sorcerer's Apprentice: ENDGAME; and this one brings us into the wilds of Disney's Animal Kingdom. Recently, it was speculated that Disney has finally found a way to fix the Yeti on Expedition Everest; utilizing a system that would limit vibrations in an animatronic. Although time will tell if this is true or not, that got us hosts of The Sorcerer's Apprentice thinking. There are so many other attractions -- not just at Disney's Animal Kingdom, but throughout Walt Disney World -- that are need of a fixing. Whether it be the massive stinkers, the mediocre time-wasters, or the ones plagued by animatronic malfunctions, there's a "world" of attractions that need a tune-up! Therefore...

For this prompt, come up with a way to improve any attraction at Walt Disney World.

You know the drill by now: You're allowed only one to two sentences, and you may use only one image. And remember: K.I.S.S. -- Keep It Simple, Silly! Best of luck to you all​
Alien Encounter Returns

iu
First, you move all the props and chairs leftover from SGE from Tomorrowland to Disney's California Adventure (yes, really), then you make a brand new state of the art animatronic for the alien, then record new queue footage and even incorporate a new plot involving some Marvel ties so the reference in Mission Breakout isn't empty and BOOM ALIEN ENCOUNTER YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

if that doesn't count as improving idk what does

Sharon&Susan

The Sorcerer's Warmups
The Final Countdown

1609551580523-png.521659

You know the drill by now: You're allowed only one to two sentences, and you may use only one image. And remember: K.I.S.S. -- Keep It Simple, Silly! Best of luck to you all!​
Future Autopia
Sponsored by (Whatever car company that's willing to sponsor)

1610601978670.png
An extensive refurb of the Tomorrowland Speedway, this revamp will add elements from it's Disneyland big brother such as more greenery and more overpasses along with additions of it's own such as a new fleet of electric cars and two new short dark ride sequences. Ride on the highways of tomorrow, get a peek inside a factory making environmentally friendly vehicles of tomorrow and even get a new paint job, the future is moving indeed moving forwards here!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

The Sorcerer's Warmups
The Final Countdown

1609551580523-png.521659

There are so many ways to go with this, but for a simple one that works for a practice prompt;

TEST TRACK

D73C5129-CEA7-404D-91C5-C840C6E5E124.jpeg

Yeah, it’s fun, but upon subsequent rides the interior portion of Test Track is incredibly bland. We’re gonna add more of the “flat, illuminated, Tron-like” scenery in the first third of the ride (brake check), and spruce up the mirror rooms (heat, cold, corrosion) with some next gen projection effects that make the reflection of the ride vehicles look like super futuristic autonomous cars. And then we’ll add way more lights to the “crash test” room and maybe like a blue lightning effect on the garage door just for the cool factor.

JokersWild

Soarin' Unplugged
1610607650464.png

Take a look behind the curtain and experience the science and technical wonder
of Soarin' Over the World without the distraction of CG Polar Bears and a bendy
Eiffel Tower. Rise, fall, and shake in time to an in-depth explanation of this ground-breaking
attraction from its lead designer, Mark Summer in what will surely make this already popular attraction
truly evergreen.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

The Sorcerer's Warmups
The Final Countdown

1609551580523-png.521659

Space Mountain

SpaceMountain-AtlasV-01202017-1.jpg

Space Mountain in Walt Disney World has seen better days and is definitely in need of some T.L.C., especially when its new neighbor is the newest Disney coaster to date (Tron Lightcycle Run). Among the laundry list of items for improvement in the attraction will be the ride track (which will be completely replaced for a smoother ride experience), the ride vehicles (which will be completely redesigned for more guest comfortability and addition of SOBATs/synchronized onboard audio tracks), the current effects inside the dome (enhancements of the current lighting and projection systems), as well as the addition of new story elements that will be unique to each track (randomized "encounters" with various celestial bodies interacting with the track done through projection domes/screens a la Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT), a redesigned "wormhole" re-entry tunnel to the unload platform (which will also be redesigned to match the load station; why doesn't it match, I don't know), and a new attraction score from Pinar Toprak (Captain Marvel, EPCOT).​

Brer Panther

Peter Pan's Flight, Refreshed
1610631625308.png
We all love Peter Pan's Flight, but it could certainly benefit from a refresh - the ride hasn't been truly updated in quite some time. The ride vehicles are swapped out for four-person ships a la Disneyland Paris, making for better capacity (which hopefully leads to shorter wait times), animatronics are made much more advanced, new special effects and gags are added, and new dialogue for Captain Hook and Mr. Smee is recorded by Corey Burton and Jeff Bennett (as many have noted that Captain Hook's voice in the ride sounds incredibly off) - all giving the ride a much-needed update but still retaining the magic and charm.

DashHaber

The Sorcerer's Warmups
The Final Countdown

1609551580523-png.521659

Mickey's Remixed PhilharMagic

mickeys_phil_2.jpg

Mickey's PhilharMagic is a fun show, but it's definitely been feeling a bit threadbare with a basic music selection (where the bulk is focused on the Disney Renaissance), so a revamp with a new show film and effects plus an emphasis on celebrating Disney music from throughout the years could just give it the jolt it needs. Just imagine Donald Duck chasing after the magic hat through such songs as "The Unbirthday Song" from Alice in Wonderland, "I've Got a Dream" from Tangled, or even "The World's Greatest Criminal Mind" from The Great Mouse Detective (just to name some potential songs).​

Orange Cat

Journey Into Imagination With Dreamfinder

While You’d Think Disney’s Core Audience Would Be Children Interested In Some Bullcrap Like Frozen, Apparently It’s A Bunch Of Young Adults To However Old @D Hulk Actually Is That Went To The Park When They Were Young & Hate All The New Stuff (Though Admittedly I Also Get Overly Upset At Disney From Time To Time So I Suppose I Can’t Be Too Hypocritical), So Here’s The Easiest Way To Please The Fans, Chapek. Remake The Original Journey Into Imagination & Replace “With Figment” With It, Just Make It Higher Budget & Change The Name So It Doesn’t Get Too Confusing When Talking About Different Versions Of The Ride, (Catches Breath), Oh & Uh Also Bring Back The Dreamfinder/Figment Walkaround Character.

Orange Cat

Question of the Day
With just over 12 hours until the game begins, for the veterans, what is your favorite past SAU prompt. For the newcomers, what are you most excited to try?
Since I’ve Been In SA6 I’ll Answer The First One, But Since I’m Also Still Pretty New To This Whole Imagineering Thing I’ll Also Answer The Second One 1. The One Where We All Named Our Cruise Ships The Disney Adventure 2. Working On Stuff Besides Restaurants (As I Basically Just Ignored All Of Said Stuff In SA6).

By The Way, I’ve Already Said It In The Main Thread, But As Long As It Took Me, It’s Safe To Say I’m Now Fully Hyped!​

Outbound

Question of the Day
With just over 12 hours until the game begins, for the veterans, what is your favorite past SAU prompt. For the newcomers, what are you most excited to try?
For me, it was Disneyland Mumbai. We were given the complete freedom to create an entire park as one giant team (a lot like 1986, but instead of taking one land at a time, we did the entire thing in two weeks, with sub-committees for each land and all sorts of fun). The only catch was every attraction had to be unique. Players, judges, guest judges, even people not formally playing got involved. Everyone was super excited and it was incredible to see the final product.

1610643906645.png

Mickeynerd17

The Sorcerer's Warmups
The Final Countdown

1609551580523-png.521659

Indiana Jones' Truly Renovated Adventure (DL Version)
1610644546102.png

This attraction has constantly been plagued with downtime and a slew of broken effects throughout its lifetime that seriously need to be addressed to have a more functional and reliable attraction. Updates to this attraction would include fixing multiple effects including the Chamber of Destiny entrance, falling rocks, the moving snake head, the boiling lava, and improved consistency with the boulder along with an improved maintenance schedule for less downtime, adjustment of the audio levels in the ride, and repairing Indy's dialogue so it doesn't cut out halfway through his speeches creating a much more memorable experience for guests at Disneyland!

Mickeynerd17

Question of the Day
Since I've never done SA before, I'm excited to try anything and everything! I did explore a lot of different avenues in 1986, but it was more out of necessity because of the fast time crunch than it was actually exploring the different mediums of expression, so I'm excited to revisit those in a calmer setting and really expand my Horizons with them!

Mickeynerd17

There are so many ways to go with this, but for a simple one that works for a practice prompt;

TEST TRACK

View attachment 524076

Yeah, it’s fun, but upon subsequent rides the interior portion of Test Track is incredibly bland. We’re gonna add more of the “flat, illuminated, Tron-like” scenery in the first third of the ride (brake check), and spruce up the mirror rooms (heat, cold, corrosion) with some next gen projection effects that make the reflection of the ride vehicles look like super futuristic autonomous cars. And then we’ll add way more lights to the “crash test” room and maybe like a blue lightning effect on the garage door just for the cool factor.
Especially compared to the original, your 100% correct on that. Great response!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Indiana Jones' Truly Renovated Adventure (DL Version)
View attachment 524143

This attraction has constantly been plagued with downtime and a slew of broken effects throughout its lifetime that seriously need to be addressed to have a more functional and reliable attraction. Updates to this attraction would include fixing multiple effects including the Chamber of Destiny entrance, falling rocks, the moving snake head, the boiling lava, and improved consistency with the boulder along with an improved maintenance schedule for less downtime, adjustment of the audio levels in the ride, and repairing Indy's dialogue so it doesn't cut out halfway through his speeches creating a much more memorable experience for guests at Disneyland!
You’re hired!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom