The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
Let's see...

11 hosts and 5 teams of 2-3. which means we're dealing with 4 teams of 2 and 1 team of 3.

Team 2 is obviously @NateD1226 and @Pi on my Cake.

Team 1 probably has @goofyyukyuk. I'm also guessing @tcool123 is on there as well because the pic's "cool guy" energy.

Team 3, I'm thinking is @D Hulk and @Disney Dad 3000 a.k.a D and D. (rimshot)

Team 5 might have @Outbound (as in, outbound flight)

Beyond that, I've got no clue. I'm still not overly familiar everyone, so I'm probably missing a lot of hints here.

And I've literally just met these jerks, so I'm useless.
The first 3 are spot on and you're close with the 4th!

TheOriginalTiki

Went ahead and stayed up until midnight to watch Soul. To quote @mickeyfan5534...I have thoughts. ;) All in all I will say it's a spectacular film. Combining the best of Pixar comedy writing with the heady concepts we've come to except from Pete Docter. Some of the afterlife stuff is just beyond creative and I don't dare spoil how insanely clever some of the world-building concepts are.

A lot of it feels very Infinity Train-esque in a good way. 22 works way better as a secondary protagonist than the trailer leads you to believe. There's a TON of characterization on her end you simply don't see in the trailers. Joe is possibly one of the most complex and multi-faceted leads in a Pixar film. This does for middle age what Up does for old age.

Couple spoilery things to bring up. Read at your own risk...
So...they basically pulled off a sucessful version of Brave with the body switch plot line. If that was in any of the later trailers, I'm so glad I held back on marketing when I did because MAN what a surprise in-movie to find out that the whole film isn't going to be some Inside Out style metaphysical adventure. Things in the film are still insanely creative after the twist, but take on a MUCH more humanistic tone. Some of my favorite moments are simply 22 in Joe's body taking everything in. The barbershop scene in particular feels really special. Just such a fantastic plot point to really get to explore both of the main characters.

And that ending though!

When Joe goes with 22 down to Earth after she gets her sticker...tears. First tears of the movie, but DAMN they came hard and fast in that moment. I was REALLY hoping the film would just cut to credits right as 22 is about to hit Earth. It doesn't, which leads to probably the most divisive thing in the movie for me and I'm curious to get other people's takes on it...Does anyone feel like Joe just getting a free pass back to Earth was a little cheap? It's a LITERAL last minute move for the story.

Don't get me wrong, it absolutely feels EARNED in a "Joe has discovered the meaning of life and now gets to lead a more fulfilling existence" kind of way and I LOVE that they leave the issue of the teaching job vs. the dream gig ambiguous. That being said in spite of the hilarious way we sidestep the numbers at the end, I think it makes Joe's sacrifice for 22 in the final act ring just a little less true. I was convinced the film was going to end with Joe becoming a mentor in the Great Before which would carry on how he found his love for teaching throughout the film. Really need to see the film again and like I said on paper it all works, I just think the move to keep Joe dead would have elevated this movie all the more.

Also, can I get some love for my man Moonwind
a sign-spinner hippie who spends his time in the metaphysical realm riding around in a big ship blaring Subterranean Homesick Blues?? Are you KIDDING ME??? This guy was both MADE for me, and easily the most clever bit of world-building in the film. I loved every second he was on screen.

PerGron

image.jpg
I joined a cult for Christmas

Chaos Cat

Okay, with the confirmation that my guesses for the first three teams were correct, we only have one pair and the trio to figure out. We also know from Ace's comment that he's part of the pair.

I'm going to take Space's comment that I was "close" on my guess that @Outbound is on Team 5 to mean that similar logic was used for the clue, if I wasn't outright correct on that front. As such, I am guessing that this is @AceAstro's team, as a play on the term "Ace Pilot." If Outbound is not on this team, then my second guess is @JokersWild, since it specifically uses a pic from a rather "Jokey" version of airplane disaster movies.

This leave the remaining three (@PerGron, @mickeyfan5534, and either @Outbound or @JokersWild) for Team 4.

spacemt354

Chili's
Okay, with the confirmation that my guesses for the first three teams were correct, we only have one pair and the trio to figure out. We also know from Ace's comment that he's part of the pair.

I'm going to take Space's comment that I was "close" on my guess that @Outbound is on Team 5 to mean that similar logic was used for the clue, if I wasn't outright correct on that front. As such, I am guessing that this is @AceAstro's team, as a play on the term "Ace Pilot." If Outbound is not on this team, then my second guess is @JokersWild, since it specifically uses a pic from a rather "Jokey" version of airplane disaster movies.

This leave the remaining three (@PerGron, @mickeyfan5534, and either @Outbound or @JokersWild) for Team 4.
Great job! Yes Ace Pilot = @AceAstro and @Outbound

spacemt354

Chili's
With @b-wolf95 guessing the host teams - going off of what @D Hulk said in the opening post, now that we know the teams, here's how it works:
-------------------------------

In the Fantasmic Timeline we enter a multiverse of episodic stories in order to reset the timeline. Throughout the first several weeks of the event, the host teams will guide us through individual Acts culminating in (hopefully) resetting the imagineering universe.

@Outbound and @AceAstro are going to kick of the event by hosting first, and then after that will pass it off to another host team to guide us through the next leg of the journey.

It's going to be a brand new format that we hope everyone will enjoy! Furthermore, when our storytelling leaders are not hosting, they have the option to play as well - hence why you see those lined up to host also signing up to play as well. And you may even see other cameos along the way. It's going to be one grand community event!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom