The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

D Hulk

Original Poster
So is playing pinball a new requirement to be on the Imagineering forum?
Yes it is!

I prefer pre-digital electromagnetic machines (Surf Champ from 1976 is my favorite pin of all) and the early solid state games from the 1980s. Terminator 2 is considered one of the pinball greats, but it introduced a style of play which I just cannot master. Most pinheads love the newer games which are more complex and aim-based, while I excel at the older games which value patience and defensive play. It’s by specializing on the vintage machines (everyone else’s weakness) that I’ve been able to hold my own in local tournaments.

I haven’t played pinball since March. 😭 Gee do I miss it! (@Sharon&Susan, where do you play?)

NigelChanning

My best friend growing up is now a Youth Pastor! Super proud of him! Got to help him a lot with the youth group in the early parts of the year and even got to preach a message once or twice! (@TwilightZone I actually found a way to sneak in fnaf to a message lol). Ran the YouTube channel for when they were doing online only and helped them figure out covid protocols for when he had to start doing in person again.
If you have a link to this message, I would LOVE to hear it!

spacemt354

Chili's
s11-jpg.520829

Today's spotlight goes to @DashHaber - who is not only the current host of the One Sentence Competition, but has been compiling a toybox of imagineering concepts over the past few months across a wide variety of topics!

Everyone should go check this out, in fact there's even some that I've missed - and let's go give it the attention it deserves!

AceAstro

Question of the Day
While this year may not have been great, I’m sure we all had some good moments. What was your best memory from 2020?
Back in April I got extremely sick (luckily tested negative for COVID so just a different flu) but because of that, I lost my job.

Two weeks later I got an email from Bright Sun Films about joining his team as a casual researcher. I've only done 2 episodes now (another two on the way) but the timing could not have been better and it turned a potentially crappy month into a pretty lucky one!

spacemt354

Chili's
Back in April I got extremely sick (luckily tested negative for COVID so just a different flu) but because of that, I lost my job.

Two weeks later I got an email from Bright Sun Films about joining his team as a casual researcher. I've only done 2 episodes now (another two on the way) but the timing could not have been better and it turned a potentially crappy month into a pretty lucky one!
I'm glad you found a new job so quickly! I can't imagine the double whammy of getting sick and oh yeah you're fired.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
If you have a link to this message, I would LOVE to hear it!
So, I don't have an actual copy of the message because that was while it was still in-person.

But I got my power point of it!

The idea was using fnaf as a framing device for a fake sermon about fear. Before revealing that all the verses I used were either lies or wildly taken out of context. Which was the fun ice breaker where I got to lie to teens and kids lol

The real message was about the importance of reading the Bible yourself because there's a lot of people who are dumb and/or lying. People who try to use Christianity to manipulate and control others. For high school night I used Martin Luther's story for a more educational/historical perspective. For middle school night I compared it to random YouTubers pushing crazy fnaf theories that didn't line up with the games.

The wind up of the message was to not get lost in the details and gray areas and rough translations that different groups of Christians spend all their time fighting over when the main pillars/highlights are much more important. As well as practical tips to understand the Bible better and to get into a better habit of reading it regularly.

NigelChanning

So, I don't have an actual copy of the message because that was while it was still in-person.

But I got my power point of it!

The idea was using fnaf as a framing device for a fake sermon about fear. Before revealing that all the verses I used were either lies or wildly taken out of context. Which was the fun ice breaker where I got to lie to teens and kids lol

The real message was about the importance of reading the Bible yourself because there's a lot of people who are dumb and/or lying. People who try to use Christianity to manipulate and control others. For high school night I used Martin Luther's story for a more educational/historical perspective. For middle school night I compared it to random YouTubers pushing crazy fnaf theories that didn't line up with the games.

The wind up of the message was to not get lost in the details and gray areas and rough translations that different groups of Christians spend all their time fighting over when the main pillars/highlights are much more important. As well as practical tips to understand the Bible better and to get into a better habit of reading it regularly.
I love this so much! Such a great message!

Sharon&Susan

Yes it is!

I prefer pre-digital electromagnetic machines (Surf Champ from 1976 is my favorite pin of all) and the early solid state games from the 1980s. Terminator 2 is considered one of the pinball greats, but it introduced a style of play which I just cannot master. Most pinheads love the newer games which are more complex and aim-based, while I excel at the older games which value patience and defensive play. It’s by specializing on the vintage machines (everyone else’s weakness) that I’ve been able to hold my own in local tournaments.

I haven’t played pinball since March. 😭 Gee do I miss it! (@Sharon&Susan, where do you play?)
It’s OC Pinball in Laguna Hills, on the top floor of the former Macy’s attached to (what used to be?) the Laguna Hills Mall. Here’s what it looked like months ago:

Since it’s a showroom for a pinball seller they change out their machines regularly to show off new pinballs from Stern or Jersey Jack or newly refurbished ones.

Haven’t seen any pre-90’s machines, the oldest one I’ve seen there is Creature From the Black Lagoon from ‘92. Sorry, @D Hulk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom