The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys [CONCLUDED!]

JokersWild

Something I notice about the Stanza recaps is that if I’m not mistaken, everyone on the podcast is on the same team. So we’re able to get a lot of great in depth discussion about how the ideas came together, who was responsible for each aspect of the project, what the creative process was like, etc. And that’s the really fascinating part of all of this! I love hearing about how that process works for other players and teams.

But then when the crew gets to the other two projects, there’s nobody present to give that same level of input. I know that it’s not necessarily possible to have somebody from each team on the podcast (that would get very crowded as well), but idk, maybe the other teams could (if they choose to) submit like a short summary of the stanza from their team’s perspective just to help get more insight from everyone in the game.
Great idea and I definitely agree. It’s mostly been because Dash and I have been the only players that are actively a part of the shows. But I’d love it if you guys wanted to write something up. And if anyone wants to be on the show, I’m at least very open to it.

So uh this may be a niche suggestion but what about other legacy imagineering concept non SYWTBAI and 1984 related like the draft picks for competitions like The Sole Imagineer, Sorcerers 3, etc and the video reviews from that era 😅

I know there’s probably not many people around who remember those but I remember loving those videos a lot and would be great to rewatch some of the draft picks and old reviews of older competitions 😅😅

#OldiesRemember when Tiki would bring this up:
View attachment 537090
They’re coming. SYWTBAI was just easier to find. Patience.

Last edited:

Orange Cat

Greetings fellow Armchair Imagineers! As you may have noticed, there has not been a More Pooh Talk episode for Stanza 8. That's not out of forgetting, but rather that we will be doing a two-project episode this Saturday, March 6th. We will be covering both Stanza 8 and Stanza 9 live on The Armchair Imagineers channel. See you there!

Wait, I think I forgot something here. Let's see... *checks notes* March 6... More Pooh Talk... The Armchair Imagineers... AHA, that's it! I haven't told you about The Armchair Imagineers!

The Armchair Imagineers is a brand new media collective Youtube channel where we, as a community, can showcase our creative aspects through a video format. This channel will play host to any armchair Imagineering-related contact that YOU want to post! That's right, you get to post here too!

There will be tons of content here, we have already archived all of the podcasts for past SYWTBAI seasons as well as 1986 for those who want to watch those, and this will be the new home for More Pooh Talk. We also have a few original programs in the works right now that I don't want to leak right now, but I will tease one of them...

D&D.png

On Sunday March 7th at 12am Midnight Eastern our first pre-recorded video will drop, a recap of February on the boards, a series that will occur every month!

So check out The Armchair Imagineers channel below, subscribe, and make sure to stay tuned for More Pooh Talk on Saturday!

TAI.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQg2dVQuGS-tcbrb3U2iEsQ
If “UP THE STAIRS” isn’t on there I’ll be p*ssed

WowFactor

:: WowFactor's Team Reality Review - Stanza 8 ::
Ole Kirk would be proud

Hey, @pix , It was great seeing you as project manager. I was very happy to see your concern for the team, transparency, motivation and organization. The work flowed very fast and by the time you notice many pages have already been filled, the REALITY team is very productive but still has difficulty getting rid of excess weight.

This time you wisely used the slides for presentation, smart move! It could be a little cleaner tough. The red background could be darker and the ghosts illustrations steal too much attention... The typography is also difficult to read, it could be more traditional (sans serif one) with just a few fancy titles.

Talking about the project, I loved the whole idea. The IP fits like a glove in the "meal + ride" combo, the well-built map leaves no doubt about what happens in the area. I admit that, as already mentioned by other judges, the integration between the restaurant and the attraction should have been stronger.

I really believe that the attraction was very well designed, full of details, with original art work, sound ambience, aroma... Extremely plausible and executable. The idea of each one “highlighting” what he wants to discover produces a solid effect of a re-ride. I would simply adore ride it!

About the restaurant I had a slight impression of a lack of spatial balance with the entire audience packed in front, in a real presentation I believe that this would be a relevant point to be questioned. I found the details of the entrees/deserts excessive (why do we need all recipes?), There were 16 slides that should be summarized in one or two (at most). It also bothers me a little to activate the Hidden Side every 15 minutes (this is purely personal, I believe that every 30m would be a better timing, I remember once at the former 6th avenue
Jekyll and Hyde NYC a lot of things popping every 10m or so - Annoying).

Oh, as a fan of LEGO bricks, I'm sure it would be impossible not to want to buy everything in the store after enjoying Hidden Sides you created.

Last edited:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
:: WowFactor's Team Reality Review - Stanza 8 ::
Ole Kirk would be proud

Hey, @pix , It was great seeing you as project manager. I was very happy to see your concern for the team, transparency, motivation and organization. The work flowed very fast and by the time you notice many pages have already been filled, the REALITY team is very productive but still has difficulty getting rid of excess weight.

This time you wisely used the slides for presentation, smart move! It could be a little cleaner tough. The red background could be darker and the ghosts illustrations steal too much attention... The typography is also difficult to read, it could be more traditional (sans serif one) with just a few fancy titles.

Talking about the project, I loved the whole idea. The IP fits like a glove in the "meal + ride" combo, the well-built map leaves no doubt about what happens in the area. I admit that, as already mentioned by other judges, the integration between the restaurant and the attraction should have been stronger.

I really believe that the attraction was very well designed, full of details, with original art work, sound ambience, aroma... Extremely plausible and executable. The idea of each one “highlighting” what he wants to discover produces a solid effect of a re-ride. I would simply adore ride it!

About the restaurant I had a slight impression of a lack of spatial balance with the entire audience packed in front, in a real presentation I believe that this would be a relevant point to be questioned. I found the details of the entrees/deserts excessive (why do we need all recipes?), There were 16 slides that should be summarized in one or two (at most). It also bothers me a little to activate the Hidden Side every 15 minutes (this is purely personal, I believe that every 30m would be a better timing, I remember once at the former 6th avenue
Jekyll and Hyde NYC a lot of things popping every 10m or so - Annoying).

Oh, as a fan of LEGO bricks, I'm sure it would be impossible not to want to buy everything in the store after enjoying Hidden Sides you created.
Thank you for the thoughtful review!! I’m glad you enjoyed our project and adore the ride!! This was a fun one to create.

mickeyfan5534

Greetings fellow Armchair Imagineers! As you may have noticed, there has not been a More Pooh Talk episode for Stanza 8. That's not out of forgetting, but rather that we will be doing a two-project episode this Saturday, March 6th. We will be covering both Stanza 8 and Stanza 9 live on The Armchair Imagineers channel. See you there!

Wait, I think I forgot something here. Let's see... *checks notes* March 6... More Pooh Talk... The Armchair Imagineers... AHA, that's it! I haven't told you about The Armchair Imagineers!

The Armchair Imagineers is a brand new media collective Youtube channel where we, as a community, can showcase our creative aspects through a video format. This channel will play host to any armchair Imagineering-related contact that YOU want to post! That's right, you get to post here too!

There will be tons of content here, we have already archived all of the podcasts for past SYWTBAI seasons as well as 1986 for those who want to watch those, and this will be the new home for More Pooh Talk. We also have a few original programs in the works right now that I don't want to leak right now, but I will tease one of them...

D&D.png

On Sunday March 7th at 12am Midnight Eastern our first pre-recorded video will drop, a recap of February on the boards, a series that will occur every month!

So check out The Armchair Imagineers channel below, subscribe, and make sure to stay tuned for More Pooh Talk on Saturday!

TAI.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQg2dVQuGS-tcbrb3U2iEsQ
It also bears saying: people already on it have probably seen it but for those who haven't, the Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 7 Discord has now become The Armchair Imagineers Discord. Updates will be announced on there as well as on the forums. If anyone would like to join and is not already on it, please let me, @JokersWild, or @PerGron know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom