The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys [CONCLUDED!]

Brer Oswald

A Crash Bandicoot flat ride was actually part of the initial plans for the land, but got cut amongst a Diddy Kong racing attraction, DK Scenic Barrel Train around the land, and a Pikmin play area with juice bar. These cuts happend to make the land smaller and more realistic.

In addition a Tomb Raider or Uncharted adventure course was planned instead of Pikmin, and a Samba de Amigo quick service was planned instead of Ring Fit Adventure.

A couple days before posting someone suggested we just all make it Nintendo and have that as our combining theme leasing to those IPs getting cut. This is why the Pikmin Adventure may seem short and rushed, its cause I spent like a hour or two on it vs the day or so for Yoshi Story.

Sonic, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Banzoo Kazooie and Cuphead (amongst others) were all part of an unused playlist that was meant for the whole land.
I completely understand. There’s only so much you can fit in. But as someone who ranks Banjo-Kazooie, The Sonic, and Cuphead as some of my favourite gaming franchises, now I really want to see what you guys would’ve done. Because if you can do DK, Metroid, and Yoshi that well...😍🤩

Disney Dad 3000

I completely understand. There’s only so much you can fit in. But as someone who ranks Banjo-Kazooie, The Sonic, and Cuphead as some of my favourite gaming franchises, now I really want to see what you guys would’ve done. Because if you can do DK, Metroid, and Yoshi that well...😍🤩

Thanks again for the reviews @Brer Oswald ! Great to see you around here!

As @tcool123 said, we had some other inclusions we would have loved to include that would've made great fits. Just ended up being too much stuff trying to limit to a more realistic land with 2-3 total E/D tickets and then a few more low key attractions. Glad you enjoyed it!

JokersWild

Next up is Team Mind's Future City

Initial Thoughts:

• The choice of Cyberpunk as a base is modern, relevant, and inspired.
  • Website is incredibly easy to navigate
  • I mention this more later on, but you guys did a phenomenal job with naming these attractions

Mega Man: Museum Menace:
  • Excellent use of images, particularly of the concept piece with the ride vehicle. I realize it’s an edit of official artwork combined with the Spider-Man vehicle and your own vehicle shell design, but it recaptures the feeling I get from the iconic Spidey images that you’d see in Universal brochures throughout the 2000s.
  • A little light on detail, which isn’t a bad thing. Good description of practical effects.
  • That attraction name is phenomenal alliteration!

Strider: A Stunt Spectacular:
  • Must say, I don’t know much about this franchise, but what you describe in the stunt show sounds intriguing.
  • Once again, good images, good descriptions, and a good title
  • Grouping the two Capcom IPs in City Center was a wise choice
Doom: Hell on Earth:
  • Doom Coaster is a genius idea given the mature audience.
  • However, is this supposed to be interactive? Some lines suggest they will be using shoulder cannons, but I see no mention of it in the vehicle description. I think passive would be best.
  • Attraction name has a lot of impact.
  • Visuals are great.
Pikmin Training Lab:
  • Pikmin AR is another brilliant idea.
  • However, if I am understanding correctly, you are controlling AR Pikmin inside the biome from outside in the play area? This would greatly limit your perspective, and make it difficult to see where your Pikmin are, unless the biome areas themselves are small and flat (which might take away from the experience).
  • A suggestion (perhaps an unfeasible one) would be a walkthrough AR experience, where you are the size of Olimar and are controlling the Pikmin.​
Industrial District Other Attractions
  • Portal is a great choice for a slower dark ride, but I would recommend more pictures communicating the atmosphere and scenes
  • Dr Crygor’s Gyro-Generation-o-Tron 3000 is a fresh spin on the teacup ride. A picture of the “pods” would be nice though.
Star Fox: Warfare On Corneria:
  • Star Fox as an update on Smuggler’s Run is a natural fit. But where are the details? Where are the pictures? Peppy animatronic is a nice touch.
Metroid: Darkest Night:
  • Metroid Darkest Night is a great title. Attraction titles can be extremely difficult to come up with, so I will give that due praise.
  • A walkthrough experience that’s more story and atmosphere focused attraction is a great idea, but I need pictures.
Shopping and Dining:
  • Galaxy store will always give me joy. Setting it inside the Starshroom is great! A little more detail would be nice.
  • Koppai Smoothie Co. is another great idea that could’ve used more pictures and a menu. I have always wanted to try the Pikmin “fruit smoothies” in the games, but never ever thought of it as an idea for a quickservice.
  • The highlights are definitely Shibuya Gear and Skeld Cafe. A store seems like the perfect representation of the JSR IP, and you provided good images and a straightforward but descriptive writeup. You’re taking a risk of relevancy with Among Us, but the explanation of the game, the map of the restaurant, and the menu are all really well executed. One of the better restaurant writeups I have seen in these competitions.

Closing Thoughts:
  • This project had a ton of really creative and unique ideas, but I felt like the best ideas were given the least amount of details.
  • Pictures. You need more pictures. And particularly some of your own concept sketches. They don’t have to be wildly detailed, they just have to get the point across. I do like the original attraction logos though.
  • More Music would have been appreciated. A Mega Man Track for the Mega Man ride, a Galaxy track for the Galaxy store, a Metroid track, etc.
View attachment 532584
The third highest rank. Fantastic premise, lacklustre elaboration sums up this project. You guys still did a great job, but this could have easily been the best of the three teams. Work on the pictures and details, and I think you will absolutely crush it with your amazing ideas.
Thanks for the kind words. To speak to what I worked on, Doom is not interactive. I don’t think that I ever alluded to using shoulder cannons, but I also wrote it at 2am so it’s very possible that something slipped through the cracks or I worded something improperly.

In terms of Pikmin, guests are basically in an overlook that gives them a mostly complete view of the biome set where the AR elements would show up. Picture it like a model railroad display that you’re looking at from a slightly raised platform. The way I pictured it in my head nothing would be obstructed, but again, I wrote it at 2am and elements were probably not worded as well as they could have been.

Really appreciate the feedback, and I’m glad that you liked the project.

Brer Oswald

Thanks for the kind words. To speak to what I worked on, Doom is not interactive. I don’t think that I ever alluded to using shoulder cannons, but I also wrote it at 2am so it’s very possible that something slipped through the cracks or I worded something improperly.

In terms of Pikmin, guests are basically in an overlook that gives them a mostly complete view of the biome set where the AR elements would show up. Picture it like a model railroad display that you’re looking at from a slightly raised platform. The way I pictured it in my head nothing would be obstructed, but again, I wrote it at 2am and elements were probably not worded as well as they could have been.

Really appreciate the feedback, and I’m glad that you liked the project.
That was my only confusion with Doom, and I think I said it was better not being interactive. So yes, great attraction concept there.

For Pikmin, I started to realize the perspective you were describing towards the end. Almost like the overhead perspective in the actual games.

Both great ideas that had me very engaged. Great work.

Disney Dad 3000

The-Sounds-Logo-1-8003.jpg

Now that Stanza VI is well under way and teams are busy at work creating a distraction for Don & Hulk, it’s time for……..

SOUND TRIVIA

This Stanza's Sound Trivia theme is of course all things 20th Century Studios. All 10 sounds are from either film or tv from 20th Century Studios (i.e. 20th Century Fox, etc.) All you have to do is name the movie or show! Good luck!

tcool123

View attachment 532703

Now that Stanza VI is well under way and teams are busy at work creating a distraction for Don & Hulk, it’s time for……..

SOUND TRIVIA

This Stanza's Sound Trivia theme is of course all things 20th Century Studios. All 10 sounds are from either film or tv from 20th Century Studios (i.e. 20th Century Fox, etc.) All you have to do is name the movie or show! Good luck!

Do I get bonus points for knowing that's a picture of a Regal Cinema?

1. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid 🤷‍♂️
  2. Opening Fox Fanfare
  3. The Simpsons
  4. Power Rangers
  5. Titanic
  6. Alien?
  7. Ice Age?
  8. Planet of the Apes???
  9. X-Men 90's TV Show
  10. Planet of the Apes

Disney Dad 3000

Do I get bonus points for knowing that's a picture of a Regal Cinema?

1. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid 🤷‍♂️
  2. Opening Fox Fanfare
  3. The Simpsons
  4. Power Rangers
  5. Titanic
  6. Alien?
  7. Ice Age?
  8. Planet of the Apes???
  9. X-Men 90's TV Show
  10. Planet of the Apes

Haha!

1. That would be a funny new name for this film
2. Yep
3. Correct
4. Correct
5. Correct
6. Correct
7. Correct
8. Good guess, but No
9. Correct
10. No

spacemt354

Chili's
As long as we are in The Great Movie Ride Universe - here's a trip down memory lane. Custom music has become almost a tradition in this event, but back in 2017 it was very rare to see in imagineering projects

So when @The90skid did his Indiana Jones Saxophone composition, it was one of the coolest things that set the mood for the project, Pankot Place - by @D Hulk @FigmentPigments and the rest of Team Pixar Studios - enjoy!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 532703

SOUND TRIVIA

1. ?
  2. Fanfare
  3. Simpsons Theme
  4. Mighty Morphing Power Rangers
  5. Titanic
  6. Alien
  7. Ice Age
  8. ?
  9. X-Men Cartoon
  10. Planet of the Apes

Last edited:

Disney Dad 3000

1. ?
  2. Fanfare
  3. Simpsons Theme
  4. Mighty Morphing Power Rangers
  5. Titanic
  6. Alien
  7. Ice Age
  8. ?
  9. X-Men Cartoon
  10. Planet of the Apes

1. The Riddler ? No, but that could be an unintended reference to part of this film
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes though technically Morphin :)
5. Yes
6. Yes! - thought this might be the hard one
7. Yes
8. No
9. Yes - best cartoon superhero song ever
10. No - not quite this old

tcool123

1. The Riddler ? No, but that could be an unintended reference to part of this film
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes though technically Morphin :)
5. Yes
6. Yes! - thought this might be the hard one
7. Yes
8. No
9. Yes - best cartoon superhero song ever
10. No - not quite this old
Jumping off Pi and I,

1. The X-Men movies? Alita: Battle Angel?
8. The Princess Bride?

Disney Dad 3000

View attachment 532703

SOUND TRIVIA

I know there is at least one of you movie music buffs out there that knows these.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom