The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys [CONCLUDED!]

NigelChanning

I already tried when they killed TT 1.0
Me happily watching Journey into Imagination explode in flames as Mickeynerd leaves EPCOT with the gasoline:
5467FD04-846E-4ACA-B8D9-840900D068CC.gif

Brer Oswald

Stanza V : The Ally

Take a journey through our app based presentation into..

Jungle of Pixels

Finally, Team Soul - Jungle of Pixels.

Overview:
  • Intro video is great, love the feel of “the media” covering an E3 show floor announcement
  • Website interface (Mobile phone) with different applications is a neat idea
  • Strong choice of map music (DKC), and great use of music overall. You guys win in the music department.
Yoshi's Island:
  • The Odyssey carousel is a good idea, Ty-Foo is a bit of an odd choice given the theming of the land, the rest are smart picks
  • Kamek's Koopa Loopa seems cool. Not much to say on this one. Maybe could’ve used an image for the ride vehicle
  • Egg teacups is a good idea.
  • For Poochy, what is the setting? Yoshi’s Island has underground tunnels, are those the tunnels you are describing?
Yoshi's Story:
  • The stork carrying the ride vehicle is genius. Props for not taking the easy “ride Yoshi” approach”. I’d recommend redesigning the vehicle to only feature one stork
  • Use of pictures is phenomenal, and illustrates the scenes well
  • Variety of enemies that actually appear in Yoshi! No random 3D World enemies like in the Universal ride
Pikmin Fitness:
  • Great choice of IP
  • It sounds like a lot of fun, however, looking at the images, I feel as if a newly designed type of Pikmin would set the land apart. There's a ton of cool concept sketches in this prject, and a new character design would have taken things a step further.
DK Misc:
  • DK Rap dance party is hilarious.
  • I like the music. Is it original? It fits well with the IP
  • The kiosk is a bit plain, although I like the giant N64 logo on top of it

Kongo River:
  • The concept sketches are fantastic.
  • The location choices feel a bit generic and lacking the character of the DKC levels
  • Multiple Kongs is never a bad thing

Barrel Blast:
  • I love the fact that you’ve used DK Mountain from Mario Kart as a “weenie”. It is an iconic set piece and track
  • Could use some queue music
  • Cranky Figure is a nice touch
  • A POV? That’s great. I’m sold on the idea for Barrel Blast. Maximum effort with this pitch

Metroid: The Escape
  • This is an odd choice of IP for the themed land. It seems like you’ve picked a setting that makes it work, much in the way you probably could for Mario, Sonic, Zelda, etc, which is why I have some difficulties justifying the franchise’s inclusion
  • The music on the page, while capturing the atmosphere of the attraction well, is a bit too repetitive. Adding some more Metroid songs may have added more variety. It still sets the mood
  • The ride vehicle illustration is absolutely wonderful. Gives the feeling of Samus’ Gun Ship while still being a new concept
  • Arm canon is a good concept for interactivity
  • The write up is amazingly descriptive and easy to read, if a bit lengthy
  • Could use some pictures
  • Good use of animatronics
  • You won me over on the concept, this is almost perfect

Food:
  • Paper Mario Music!
  • Yoshi’s Dino Diner sounds like a great place to eat. Good details and a menu that sounds good
  • Other spots sound good, Yoshi is just the stand out for me

Shopping:
  • Good illustrations
  • I like the shirts

Closing Remarks:
  • I like the idea of a stats page. Also, Someone Ate the Page joke made me laugh
  • I was eventually won over by Metroid, but I can’t help but feel that there are some “jungle themed” video game IPs that could have been chosen instead. Crash Bandicoot is something that would have fit like a glove, but nobody seems to consider it for Imagineering projects (despite its immense popularity amongst gamers). Metroid, DK, and Yoshi aren’t the most original choices for a gaming land, but you adapted them in ways that were unique and not done before.
  • Great project all around. Also, I have to praise the use of reading music once again.
Rank Template.png

The highest rank for the greatest project (IMO)! I loved your concept sketches and presentation. I'd love to visit this land. Congratulations.

spacemt354

Chili's

Overview:

• Intro video is great, love the feel of “the media” covering an E3 show floor announcement
  • Strong choice of map music (DKC), and great use of music overall. You guys win in the music department.
Yoshi's Island:
  • The Odyssey carousel is a good idea, Ty-Foo is a bit of an odd choice given the theming of the land, the rest are smart picks
  • Kamek's Koopa Loopa seems cool. Not much to say on this one. Maybe could’ve used an image for the ride vehicle
  • For Poochy, what is the setting? Yoshi’s Island has underground tunnels, are those the tunnels you are describing?
Yoshi's Story:
  • The stork carrying the ride vehicle is genius. Props for not taking the easy “ride Yoshi” approach”. I’d recommend redesigning the vehicle to only feature one stork
  • Variety of enemies that actually appear in Yoshi! No random 3D World enemies like in the Universal ride
Pikmin Fitness:
  • Great choice of IP
  • It sounds like a lot of fun, however, looking at the images, I feel as if a newly designed type of Pikmin would set the land apart. There's a ton of cool concept sketches in this prject, and a new character design would have taken things a step further.
DK Misc:

Kongo River:
  • The location choices feel a bit generic and lacking the character of the DKC levels

Barrel Blast:
  • I love the fact that you’ve used DK Mountain from Mario Kart as a “weenie”. It is an iconic set piece and track
  • A POV? That’s great. I’m sold on the idea for Barrel Blast. Maximum effort with this pitch

• This is an odd choice of IP for the themed land. It seems like you’ve picked a setting that makes it work, much in the way you probably could for Mario, Sonic, Zelda, etc, which is why I have some difficulties justifying the franchise’s inclusion
  • The music on the page, while capturing the atmosphere of the attraction well, is a bit too repetitive. Adding some more Metroid songs may have added more variety. It still sets the mood
  • The ride vehicle illustration is absolutely wonderful. Gives the feeling of Samus’ Gun Ship while still being a new concept

Food:
  • Paper Mario Music!
  • Yoshi’s Dino Diner sounds like a great place to eat. Good details and a menu that sounds good

Shopping:
  • Good illustrations
  • I like the shirts

Closing Remarks:
  • I like the idea of a stats page. Also, Someone Ate the Page joke made me laugh
  • I was eventually won over by Metroid, but I can’t help but feel that there are some “jungle themed” video game IPs that could have been chosen instead. Crash Bandicoot is something that would have fit like a glove, but nobody seems to consider it for Imagineering projects (despite its immense popularity amongst gamers). Metroid, DK, and Yoshi aren’t the most original choices for a gaming land, but you adapted them in ways that were unique and not done before.
  • Great project all around. Also, I have to praise the use of reading music once again.
View attachment 532593
The highest rank for the greatest project (IMO)! I loved your concept sketches and presentation. I'd love to visit this land. Congratulations.
Brer thank you so much for these incredibly thoughtful reviews! I'm glad you enjoyed them all!!!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

Overview:

Yoshi's Island:
Yoshi's Story:
Pikmin Fitness:
  • Great choice of IP
DK Misc:

Kongo River:

Barrel Blast:

Food:
  • Paper Mario Music!

Shopping:
  • Good illustrations
  • I like the shirts

Closing Remarks:
View attachment 532593
I was waiting until you got to ours to thank you, but, thank you!!

Really appreciate you taking the time to go into such detail, and I’m glad my Metroid experience won you over! (The music at the top of that page is intended to be the outdoor BGM for the area, I just went for something ominous and eerie).

Brer Oswald

I was waiting until you got to ours to thank you, but, thank you!!

Really appreciate you taking the time to go into such detail, and I’m glad my Metroid experience won you over! (The music at the top of that page is intended to be the outdoor BGM for the area, I just went for something ominous and eerie).
It definitely set the scene. I just wanted a bit more...but that’s still just a nitpick. I never would’ve imagined a Metroid attraction like that, but it’s the best concept for one that I’ve seen.

tcool123

I was eventually won over by Metroid, but I can’t help but feel that there are some “jungle themed” video game IPs that could have been chosen instead. Crash Bandicoot is something that would have fit like a glove, but nobody seems to consider it for Imagineering projects (despite its immense popularity amongst gamers). Metroid, DK, and Yoshi aren’t the most original choices for a gaming land, but you adapted them in ways that were unique and not done before.
A Crash Bandicoot flat ride was actually part of the initial plans for the land, but got cut amongst a Diddy Kong racing attraction, DK Scenic Barrel Train around the land, and a Pikmin play area with juice bar. These cuts happend to make the land smaller and more realistic.

In addition a Tomb Raider or Uncharted adventure course was planned instead of Pikmin, and a Samba de Amigo quick service was planned instead of Ring Fit Adventure.

A couple days before posting someone suggested we just all make it Nintendo and have that as our combining theme leasing to those IPs getting cut. This is why the Pikmin Adventure may seem short and rushed, its cause I spent like a hour or two on it vs the day or so for Yoshi Story.

Sonic, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Banzoo Kazooie and Cuphead (amongst others) were all part of an unused playlist that was meant for the whole land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom