The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY- Hype Thread

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Anyone here watching Lego Masters? It's been surprisingly great and really feels like the closest thing to an actual televised armchair imagineering competition I've ever seen lol. Something about the vibe of it really feels like this forum, but hosted by Will Arnet

NateD1226

Anyone here watching Lego Masters? It's been surprisingly great and really feels like the closest thing to an actual televised armchair imagineering competition I've ever seen lol. Something about the vibe of it really feels like this forum, but hosted by Will Arnet
I have! I really love the show. I haven’t watched last night’s episode but the others are great. The things they make are incredible. You are totally right about the vibe. Everyone is just so creative.

PerGron

Sorry I’ve been despondent this week, I’ve had some, Uh, important things to attend to...
FD292EE8-6EA5-4CC7-AABA-43533F105517.jpeg
4E2DA06E-D279-49BD-A901-40127FEABB2F.jpeg

EmFromPlanetEarth

I have an idea for a Simpsons ride in the toon studio area of Walt Disney studios Paris. It would be around The same scale as the cat in the hat ride at universal studios Islands of adventure. It could Take up part of the building between crush’s coaster and ratatouille, as I don’t think it has any purpose, and if it’s a backstage building it could easily be relocated.
Story:
The Springfield Tourism Society or STS for short, invites guests for a full circle tour of Springfield, going through all of the locations that the show is famous for, only to be interrupted by the famous Simpsons family.... multiple times.....

EmFromPlanetEarth

I have an idea for a Simpsons ride in the toon studio area of Walt Disney studios Paris. It would be around The same scale as the cat in the hat ride at universal studios Islands of adventure. It could Take up part of the building between crush’s coaster and ratatouille, as I don’t think it has any purpose, and if it’s a backstage building it could easily be relocated.
Story:
The Springfield Tourism Society or STS for short, invites guests for a full circle tour of Springfield, going through all of the locations that the show is famous for, only to be interrupted by the famous Simpsons family.... multiple times.....
I was originally going to name the Springfield Tourism Society (Sts) as Springfield Tourism district (STD, Yes that is intentional) but then I thought Disney wouldn’t do that. Still, it would be very “simpsons” of them to do that.

Outbound

Original Poster
The most recent episode The Clone Wars was amazing. Season 7 has been hit or miss so far, but yesterday was one of the best episodes in the whole series. It's also kickstarting the final arc which runs concurrent to Revenge of the Sith.

1587229533194.png

1587229577654.png

spacemt354

Chili's
The most recent episode The Clone Wars was amazing. Season 7 has been hit or miss so far, but yesterday was one of the best episodes in the whole series. It's also kickstarting the final arc which runs concurrent to Revenge of the Sith.

The last few episodes I was checking in and out - if that last episode was any indication of the final arc it'll be amazing!

tcool123

Was going through some older competitions, and taking notes for possible references ;)

Came across this gem in A Twist in Time by @DinoInstitute , I was laughing my butt off from the comedy that he was able to create in this weird challenge. Worth a read and will hopefully brighten everyone's day a bit:

The original post: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-twist-in-time.916404/post-7471414

Or here it is in a quote:
IDInstitute Presents- The Special Challenge
In Honor of Election Day, and to Cap Off This Crazy Political Season on a Fun Note, I Present to You:
The Race to the WDW Presidency!

Starring
Elsa as Hillary Clinton
Lightning McQueen as Donald Trump
Br'er Rabbit as Bernie Sanders

Winnie The Pooh as Barack Obama
Sally as Kellyanne Conway
Mike Wazowski as FBI Director Comey
Goofy as Gary Johnson
Disco Yeti as Marco Rubio
Woody as Chris Christie

Figment, Gonzo, and Russell as new nominee extras
and Mickey Mouse special guest star appearing as himself as Moderator Mickey!

Now, without further ado, let's begin!:

---

Moderator Mickey:
clipmicktux21.gif

"Well, hello there friends! It is my honor to welcome you to the Hall of Presidents theater, where we have modified the stage to have something new set up! Tonight marks the start of the 2016 Presidential Race, President of WDW that is! With me tonight is our current president of many years who is about to finish his work with a new character in his place, Winnie The Pooh!"

President Winnie The Pooh:
latest

"Hi Mickey! Thanks for having me! It's been awfully fun being the WDW President for all these years, but I'm ready for someone to take my place. Luckily we've got all these nice candidates, I'm looking forward to a nice and friendly campaign, nobody's gonna be a bad choice!"

Moderator Mickey:
"You said it Pooh! Now, it's time to begin! As you all know, we have two main political parties in WDW- the Adventure Party, and the Magic Party! Each party has four candidates running for the party's nomination. Soon y'all will vote for the primaries, but first we have the primary debates! First up, the Adventure Party debate! Let's bring out the candidates!"
adventure-party-canidates-jpg.174064

Moderator Mickey:
"Welcome, candidates! As we all know, the Adventure Party primarily believes in having lots of fun adventures at WDW. My first question is for Woody. Woody, do you believe your recent scandal with the bridge in the Toy Story Midway Mania queue could impact your campaign?"

Woody:
"Look, I did not have ANY hand in the closing of that bridge in the queue. That was a major annoyance for many for which I apologize, however I did not close down that bridge!"

Lightning McQueen:
"Oh, please, can it Woody. Enough talk, we ALL know you and your Toy Story posse are all UNFIT to RUN"

Moderator Mickey:
"Lightning, care to explain?"

Lightning McQueen:

"Oh, I'll do more than explain, Mickey. Look. WACKY WOODY has NO IDEA what he's doing! That's it! He has no idea! He's got that whole Toy Story Land project going on, it's a piece of crap! It's taking up so much space, and is way over budget. Just look at my land, my Cars Land, I know how to have immersive lands. I have the best lands. Oh and not to mention the fact that Toy Story Land, it's RIGHT up against Star Wars! He has no sense of thematic continuity! And I'll tell ya what, the first thing I'm gonna do as WDW President, I'm gonna build a wall. It's gonna be a great wall. It'll be a huge wall. It'll go right in between Star Wars and Toy Story, making sure NO THEMING SLIPS TO THE OTHER LAND! And if my charming negotiation skills are put to the test, guess what?- UNIVERSAL IS GOING TO PAY FOR IT!!!!!

If I'm put in charge, I'll make sure these big projects are HIGH QUALITY, like my land. Mr. Bozo Bob Iger and Weak Winnie have been TERRIBLE. Terrible! That's it!"

Disco Yeti:
"Ok, guys, and Lightning, enough. Can we dispel the notion that Iger and Pooh have no idea what they're doing? They know exactly what they're doing!"

Lightning:
"Ha. Of course Dinky Disco Yeti is the one to defend Iger and Pooh. EVERYONE. HE IS A BROKEN EFFECT. HE CANNOT BE PRESIDENT"

Moderator Mickey:
"Umm...ok... To try and bring this back on track... Lightning, you've expressed...err... strong, words on your feelings on the "illegal aliens". Can you explain what you meant there?"

Lightning McQueen:
"THESE ALIENS ARE TAKING OUR JOBS! AND WOODY OVER THERE AND THE OTHER TOYS ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM BRINGING THEM IN!"

latest

"So, let's get this straight. They come in, they take our jobs in all these merchandise sales and meet and greets, and all they do to help the WDW community is nothing except some dinky flat ride coming in the future? I say we make that Toy Story Land wall even bigger!!! Bigger all the way around the land, not just on the Star Wars side! AND WE KEEP THEM OUTTA HERE!"

Moderator Mickey:
"O...ok then...I didn't really see any of this coming, that's for sure...

I think this is a good place to end the Adventure Party debates. Now, it's time to move on to the Magic Party!"
magic-party-canidates-jpg.174065

Moderator Mickey:
"Welcome everyone! A recurring topic in the Magic Party is advancements in environmental work, including new Energy developments. Universe of Energy, that is! I'm going to go down the line, and I want you all to share your thoughts on what to do about the aging Universe of Energy."

Figment:
"Well, I've never been on Energy, I'm always over in Imagination!, so I don't know... BUT IF WE USE OUR IMAGINATION, ANY IDEA WILL WORK! Speaking of which, when is my refurbishment coming?"

Gonzo:
"I don't wanna change it. Ellen's funny! Plus, me and Bill Nye are totally bros, man!"

Elsa:
"Well, I've heard the idea of Guardians of the Galaxy thrown around. I mean, it's not perfect, but I think it can work!"

Br'er Rabbit:
"NO! NO MORE FROM ELSA ON GAHDIANS OF THE GALAXY! This is the TYPICAL WDW TDO POLITICAL INSIDAH ANSWER! Elsa is a
paht of the rigged political insidah system! WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS RESTORE EPCOT TO ITS ORIGINAL GLORY! What I want is to give a proper Energy themed ovahhaul. I will NOT let the TOP PEOPLE continue to shove their big popular IPs in our faces, we must bring back quality attractions with thematic integrity! Just look at me! People love Splash Mountain, but nobody knows who the hell I even am othahwise!"

Elsa:
"Look, I know people have criticized my new star attraction Frozen Ever After, but it really does fit well. If it didn't why would it be the most popular attraction in the park? Everyone loves it, and the lines are out of the door!"

Br'er Rabbit:
"BECAUSE your CAPACITY is TERRIBLE! The long lines for your ride are atrocious! And let me tell you, I am SICK and TIE-AHD of the 1% being the only ones who get to experience all these attractions like Frozenstrom in the first place! I WILL FIGHT TO BRING A MAGICAL EXPERIENCE TO THE 99%-ERS TOO!"

Moderator Mickey:
"Ok, I'm gonna stop this here...this is a bit crazier than I thought...

Well, to everyone watching at home, I'll get back to you soon on HorizonsNews to bring you the latest on the primary polls!"

---

Moderator Mickey:
"Hey, friends! I'm back! And it looks like we have our two WDW Presidential Candidates- From the Adventure Party,
Lightning McQueen, and from the Magic Party, Elsa!"

auto%20cars.jpg

6d7454cea6644379adc7e529c5790a28078a2823.jpeg

"It's been a crazy election so far! And to make it even crazier, we've got two special guests with us in the HorizonsNews studio here at DHS to talk about it- Welcome Br'er Rabbit, losing Magic Party candidate, and Sally, Lightning McQueen's campaign advisor! Mr. Rabbit, I understand you have an announcement?"

Br'er Rabbit:

"Yes. He-ah's the thing- Lightning McQueen is a nut job! I know what I've said about Elsa, but I mean, some of the things Lightning has said?! Come on! THIS MAN IS UNFIT!"

Sally:
25182_1215017731187_402_300.jpg

"I'm sorry Mickey, but why
should anyone listen to Br'er Rabbit? He used to say how terrible Elsa was, and now Lightning? Come on. I admit, he has said some things I wouldn't necessarily say, but that's why people love him. He is no TDO political insider saying everything so perfect just like any politician would like to hear like Elsa!"

Mickey:
"So, would you mind if we talk about some of these comments?"

Sally:
"Sure thing Mickey"

Mickey:
"What are your thoughts on Lightning saying, when asked about Chester and Hester's DinoRama, 'I would bomb the sh*t out of that!'"

Sally:
"To be fair, who wouldn't want to do that? But I'm sure he wouldn't actually...right..."

Mickey:
"When Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission: BREAKOUT was announced, he was quoted on saying: 'Iger and Chapek, what pieces of work. AND YOU CAN TELL THEM...TO GO F*CK THEMSELVES!'"

Sally:
"What needs to be defended about saying this? Sure, it was a little brass, but-"

Mickey:
"After the premier of Finding Dory, he made fun of Dory doing an impression 'GAHHH I DONT KNOW WHAT I SAID GAHHH I DONT REMEMBER!!!'"

Sally:
"Mickey, I mean, what Lightning meant was-"

Mickey:
"When talking about Elsa, he said: 'She has ice coming out of her hands...ice coming out of her...wherever'"

Sally:
"Thanks for having me on the show Mickey, I think I have to go now"

Mickey:
"Thank you Sally. Now, that leaves you and me, Br'er. You know as well as I do that there are a lot of 'Br'er or Bust' millennial voters out there. Do you have any message to them voting before you go?"

Br'er Rabbit:
"Yes. Listen, I have never agreed with Elsa once...we have fought on like 75 different fronts...but when all is said and all is done- Elsa has beliefs for WDW. Lightning is dumb!
All Magic Party supporters, here me out. A VOTE FOR A 3rd PARTY CANDIDATE IS A VOTE FOR McQUEEN!"

Mickey:
"Thank you Br'er, have a nice night.

Now, our next guest is one of these 3rd party candidates, Goofy!"

Goofy:
"Well, hello! <Gahaw-haw!>"

Mickey:
"So, Goofy. Talk to me about your foreign theme park policies?"

Goofy:
"Well, gawsh, I don't know!"

Mickey:
"Ok...Do you have any plans to add attractions as president?"

Goofy:
"I wanna ride something awfully cool, that's for sure! <Gahaw-haw!>"

Mickey:
"What are your thoughts on WDSP?"

Goofy:
"And what is 'WDSP'?"

Mickey:
"You're kidding."

Goofy:
"No, what is this WDSP thing?"

Mickey:
"WDSP is Walt Disney Studios Paris, a complete mess of a Disney theme park. How can you be a legitimate WDW President candidate and not know about these serious issues internationally that need fixing?"

Goofy:
"Well, gawsh, I don't know"

Mickey:
"Alrighty then...Time for a new guest! WDW FBI Security Director, Mike Wazowski!"

Mike:
"Hey, Mickey! Thanks for having me! It's GREAT to be here!"

Mickey:
"So, I here you have some interesting news on Magic Party candidate Elsa?"

Mike:
YES! I DO! Now, a big issue for Elsa this political season has been this big question- WHAT is going on with her 33,000 deleted Fastpass+ reservations?! Well, I've been doing some digging with MickeyLeaks, and I think I've found some interesting news on it that could be GAME CHANGING for this whole thing! Ya see,- wait, hold on one second, I'm getting a call...

WHAT DO YOU WANT SULLY?! I'm about to drop this big news on Elsa I found! Didn't the incident with Boo on my date with Celia teach you to stop doing this?!...wait, what...oh, I see. Ok then"

Looks like maybe I don't have anything after all, Mickey, I'm gonna have to talk to you later"
<dead phone call sound>

Mickey:
"Alrighty then...I think that's enough for tonight!"

---

Moderator Mickey:
"Welcome back everyone! Before we know it, the votes will be in for WDW President! But first, we have one more debate! Let's bring in our candidates, Elsa and Lightning McQueen!"

Elsa:
"Hello! Hello!"

Lightning McQueen:
"Hi Mickey Mouse"

Mickey:
"So, we can't ignore this topic...Lightning, we should probably talk about the leaked tape of you in 2004 when Lights Motors Action debuted in then-MGM, saying 'Damn, those are some fine race cars, I'm gonna grab 'em by the exhaust pipe!'"

Lightning McQueen:
"Lights Motors Action is gone now, so whatever I said about that doesn't matter! But why are we talking about me? This is another example of the rigged WDW system by Weak Winnie and Bozo Bob Iger! Of course they won't show the negative stuff about their prized princess! Evil Elsa's 33,000 DELETED FASTPASS+ RESERVATIONS NEED TO BE TALKED ABOUT!"

Elsa:
Listen, there was nothing on my private MyDisneyExpreience server, I just wanted to keep some vacation plans to myself. I just want to talk about the issues, honestly. There's so many great projects going on in WDW to talk about! Like Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land, Pandora. I am fit to take charge of these and make sure they turn out amazing and immersive! The biggest project, if this big, Lightning is fit to control is PizzaRizzo with the Muppets"

Lightning:
"Not a Muppet. Not a Muppet. You're a Muppet"

Mickey:
"ALLLright I'm ending this debate here. I...just don't think I can handle it.

And, Disney fans all over, it's time for y'all to vote. Or not. Who the hell cares, WDW is screwed. Oh, and Come Back Real Soon!"

---

Thanks for reading my weird submission for this project :p And remember, whichever candidate you're against, it's only four years :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom