The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY- Hype Thread

TheOriginalTiki

I can be the same way where my mental health can be kind of a wreck when I'm unemployed.

With everything going on, it's a different circumstance. Plus, there is a stimulus coming. I would expect more coming in the future too. And a lot of bills will probably be suspended or have extended deadlines in April. So, there should be a lot of help to make up for lost work.

Like Space said, this is a great chance to take up some hobbies or focus on them. Plus, a time that you can do a lot of development for your channel!

My grandma is taking at least half of my stimulus check for grocery money. It's just such a terrible feeling not having steady income. I can't help but think this is my fault. Like the government saw that I was on the payroll and just automatically passed us up for coverage because...well, I'm ME. Good things just can't happen to me. This whole thing came around right when I was starting to get a little bit of self confidence and GOD FORBID WE CAN'T HAVE TIKI FEELING GOOD ABOUT HIMSELF.

What really frustrates me is the fact that I know someone who's job IS being covered even though the staff is entirely made up of 20-something young people and it's just a gift shop. I work at a store that DIRECTLY benefits the school district, and we RELY on senior citizen volunteers to run the cash registers. Were screwed. I'm screwed. Were NEVER going to reopen. Or at the very least were going to reopen FAR later than other places because of the senior volunteer factor. And yet the government still won't give us coverage BECAUSE TYLER LINDER IS ON THE PAYROLL AND TYLER LINDER DOESN'T DESERVE IT.

Getting the consistent checks would have solved EVERYTHING. Now everything is in chaos. I might as well just roll over and die.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Tiki alot of people are going through this right now. Over half my friends have been laid off or furloughed by their employeer. Are you technically still on a payroll or employeed. If so you need to get them to "fire" you, if they can't pay they need to lay people off temporary. At that point you should be able to apply for Unemployement(Not sure if there are any more requirements except being laid off) which is currently getting a finacial boost through the stimulus package.

It migth be worth looking up your states Unemployeement requirements/web site to see what you need to do to apply.

TheOriginalTiki

Tiki alot of people are going through this right now. Over half my friends have been laid off or furloughed by their employeer. Are you technically still on a payroll or employeed. If so you need to get them to "fire" you, if they can't pay they need to lay people off temporary. At that point you should be able to apply for Unemployement(Not sure if there are any more requirements except being laid off) which is currently getting a finacial boost through the stimulus package.

It migth be worth looking up your states Unemployeement requirements/web site to see what you need to do to apply.

Unemployment is off the table for me. I'm on social security and my grandma wants me to stay on it because we have no idea how long unemployment would take to go through and at least with social security I'd be getting SOMETHING.

Voxel

Unemployment is off the table for me. I'm on social security and my grandma wants me to stay on it because we have no idea how long unemployment would take to go through and at least with social security I'd be getting SOMETHING.

Okay that makes some sense, I don't know much about the unemployement system so I don't know time line. So I'm gonna throw out some idea, I've seen my friends talking about. How good are you with kids. There are programs such as QKIDS that pay decently (not alot of hours though) to help teach english to kids in China, I'm not 100% of the requirements, but i do know they have been looking for people. It's work from home and online. There are a few other programs that do similar things.

There are a few other online jobs that are really growing right now due to the environment. The other thing is space's is suggestion. The next few months will be hard but you can use this time to focus and try to work on your youtube channel. This is a prime time for growth because of the influx of people stuck at home and trying to find something to watch. It's not an immediately finacial resource but has the potential long term. Esp with all the free course that will help teach things like color correcting footage and how to edit footage. .

Voxel

Also I know it's hard, but just slow down and breath. Take it a moment at a time. I know it sounds crazy coming from outside, but as someone with a history of panic attacks and needing theropy it really helps. There are some things that are completely out of our control, and this is out of your control. It doesn't make you any less of a person, we all have something that does this to us. We are defined by how we handle these situations. You have a great support group with the forum, we are here to support eachother and a few us a probably going through very similar things.

TheOriginalTiki

Anyone on here have grandparents that are literally HEMORRHAGING their life savings to pay for groceries, meanwhile I'm so pathetic and useless that I can't even chip in and help? That's how bad it is right now. All my family's savings are going down the drain. I could have been their savior had I just gotten those damn consistent checks. The loss of those checks is essentially the loss of my my entire livelihood.

I also can't start any other jobs right now because I'm loyal to the job I have now and want to get back to is as soon as we do reopen, whenever that might be. I can take on freelance work, but not anything that would require me to work consistently.

spacemt354

Chili's
Anyone on here have grandparents that are literally HEMORRHAGING their life savings to pay for groceries, meanwhile I'm so pathetic and useless that I can't even chip in and help? That's how bad it is right now. All my family's savings are going down the drain. I could have been their savior had I just gotten those damn consistent checks. The loss of those checks is essentially the loss of my my entire livelihood.

I also can't start any other jobs right now because I'm loyal to the job I have now and want to get back to is as soon as we do reopen, whenever that might be. I can take on freelance work, but not anything that would require me to work consistently.
Granted I don't know your whole situation but it seems like your social is still going through so you'll still be contributing.

Applying self-worth to a paycheck is backwards thinking because if that were true my self-worth would be the lowest of the low considering I'm taking out loans to pay to go to school with no return on investment yet. Only ROI I get is long hours and little sleep.

While it's good you want to remain loyal to your job they're not paying you as of now so I'd try some options mentioned if needed because with this covid situation I'm not predicting any openings till mid-may or so at the earliest.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Things are rough right now. I think there will be more stimulus coming in the future. And eventually steady work will return. A lot of people are running through their savings and losing their retirement funds during this. But once things start to reopen the economy is gonna boom from people going out once they're able to and everyone going back to work. A lot of the damage that happens now will be healed

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

I don't know what it is like in your area, but temporary jobs at grocery stores, uber eats, and door dash are going like crazy now if you're looking for temp jobs for the short term

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
If anyone wants some quick bits of hope, I've started managing a YouTube channel for the youth group I work at! My best friend is the youth pastor and has started doing 30 second sermons every week as a quick way to stay in touch and reach people while we can't meet in person. Plus, we're gonna do occasional fun meme type videos.

Lift Youth FL

It's all pretty cheesey and simple since it is meant for middle/highschool students. But it's there if anyone wants any short, quick uplifting messages, or wants to see me punch an Olaf stuffed animal while the Full House theme song plays!

Disney Dad 3000

If anyone wants some quick bits of hope, I've started managing a YouTube channel for the youth group I work at! My best friend is the youth pastor and has started doing 30 second sermons every week as a quick way to stay in touch and reach people while we can't meet in person. Plus, we're gonna do occasional fun meme type videos.

Lift Youth FL

It's all pretty cheesey and simple since it is meant for middle/highschool students. But it's there if anyone wants any short, quick uplifting messages, or wants to see me punch an Olaf stuffed animal while the Full House theme song plays!

80's and 90's sitcoms are perfect for that. Good stuff

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
A probably misleading teaser for the next comic that I'm sure @TheOriginalTiki will appreciate

1585972166493.png

EmFromPlanetEarth

l dont want to make anyone jealous, but i still live with my parents, so im not as impacted. im a minor, but i am well aware of the joys of childhood. sometimes i long for the days where my age was still single digited. i understand what you guys are going through and i hope everyone makes it out okay. it's tough out there, i know, but we need to hold on.

TheOriginalTiki

l dont want to make anyone jealous, but i still live with my parents, so im not as impacted. im a minor, but i am well aware of the joys of childhood. sometimes i long for the days where my age was still single digited. i understand what you guys are going through and i hope everyone makes it out okay. it's tough out there, i know, but we need to hold on.

I'm 30 and live with my grandparents, haha. ;) Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I don't have a mortgage to pay or kids to feed, but with my grandparents taking out of their life savings to pay for groceries I definitely do feel a nagging responsibility to help more than I'm currently right now able to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom