The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5 - ENDGAME

kmbmw777

WARRIORS
Phenomenal work Warriors! The ideas, the execution, all of it! Your ideas were all there, and I was sold on your idea from the moment whoever proposed it first mentioned it. SInce Disney Springs is representing a town throughout the years, it makes sense that the Japanese equivalent would represent a town throughout the season's festivals. Perfect sense.

The writing on the castle (@James G. if I remember correctly) is outstanding. The research that went into it and the passion behind it was amazing. While I could never see this happening in real life, due to Disney's desire to overcharge everything (maybe the OLC wouldn't - not 100% sure), this is something that I desperately want to b real. Is it blue sky? Yes. But so is this whole prompt, and you embraced that in all the right ways.

The mini golf feels like your headliner. Much like the Marine Life Institute or Disney Quest. I know D Hindley wasn't a fan of this, and though i hate mini golf, I love the idea of it. I think the picture you choose ruins it slightly though. The jarring green of the gold course makes it not work. However, with original art or even more description, I think it would work. The course could let you travel between the seasons. Overall, I think this idea could have been executed much better.

As for the individual seasons and the shops - I thought you guys did great. My only problem was that the map for the winter section was so clearly labeled, while the other weren't. Small but important thing.

Overall great work!​

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Team Warriors: At this point there isn't much that needs to be said that hasn't already been said. I will say (lol) however that I too agree with @kmbmw777 regarding the Mini Golf addition. I have no problems with it. Generic therefore Universal; fits like a glove. The write up could perhaps mentioned it serves to be an anchor attraction but I felt like it "fit" no better or worse than any other attraction. I said in the Guest Reviewer thread that I was having a difficult time faulting Team Warriors work. I stand by that! Vast improvements over the previous prompt! The informational website is short and sweet with great attention to detail. Love the Seasons concept!

Spell check/proofreading still seems to be an issue as things are wrapped up; which to some degree couldn't be helped. Team Warriors did a much better job of communicating with one another and as a result created a richly-themed, beautifully-detailed shopping complex. Playing it safe!? Hardly. Ballsy move to nix Ikspiari. Everything just works! Nicely done Team Warriors.

Last edited:

AceAstro

Team Princes

Your team really struggled at first with the prompt. I was worried the team was just going to "throw in the towel". Luckily, @spacemt354 brought in the #yolo technique and that seemed to really turn the team around and we got a great project out of it.

Next, I really like the "trip report" style you went with for the presentation. It's a nice, refreshing take on the forum post presentation. I like how you included what happened to the former Ikspiari, as well as gave us an itinerary for the day to follow. It really helped in keeping me organized.

Nice inclusion of Spirit Airlines as the airline of choice (I guess anything is possible in the SAU :p). I like that this was included as part of the same resort expansion as the Northern Fjords to keep the SAU connected in another way. It was a minor detail but I really think it helps the overall project. I love the large map describing the whole area as well as everything you can find in each area. It made it clear exactly what I was looking at.

I like the idea of Traverse Town being the central "hub". Even with my limited Kingdom Hearts, from what your team described, it made sense to me. The town is a very beautiful area and I could see it work in many ways. Starting with the central hub district, the keyblade attraction makes sense. Both the Harry Potter wand attraction and even the World Showcase Adventure attraction is a fun optional attraction that definitely adds to the experience. The Spot the Puppies game is another example of a fun game, that wouldn't take much effort to be done well. Both Hanzo's and the Salty Sweet Ice Cream Kiosk are nice additions. While I love TRON and Flynn's Arcade, I don't know how I feel about it in Traverse Town. Considering how it's the "Animation Kingdom", TRON wasn't animated. Otherwise, I love the rest of the additions to the area!

While I was unsure at first, I like Poppins in the Park. Using the carousel was smart as it was one of the best parts of the original movies and relied on beautiful hand-drawn animation. My only quip about it is I am not 100% sure where it is located (please point it out if I missed it).

I see the return of the Toontown music that had everyone stuck in the first sound trivia; nice touch. Mickey Avenue as a whole looks good and I like the touch of it appearing all indoors and at night. It works for the Mexico pavilion so I think it could work here. I love the look of Buena Vista Street so any chance to have it built somewhere else has me sold. "Pi had three sake bombs, two shots of fireball, and a fruity drink he spoke very highly of at the bar here. So, we sent him to get some rehab for his drinking problem real quick. He’ll meet back up with us later. " - Please recover soon @Pi on my Cake :p I like the idea of a Mystery Dinner Theatre. It's not something we have seen done by Disney before (at least nothing I can think of).

The Pixar area is my favourite part easily. It makes sense that they would charge money for an aquarium so realism points there. And it definitely is impossible to hate penguins! I do think that the shark tank and ray tank would be a fun experience and I am a fan of both and would love to experience both in person. The penguin encounter would be a truly great experience and if you can do that much in 30-minutes I couldn't even imagine what the dolphin experience would be like! I love the idea of the Nautilus restaurant and for ~$30, a 3-hour experience is pretty good!

I've always wanted to experience Harry Housen's so here is just as good as anywhere! I am sold on the Terrible teriyaki personally! Mike and Sulley's Freaky Fun House is a safe, but fun idea. I remember reading in the PM thread that arcades are very popular in Japan, but two of them in the area feels slightly redundant. The Friendship of Flight attraction would be very popular in my opinion as the "hot air balloon" attraction we have at the various Downtown Disney's are very popular. I enjoy bringing over Finding Nemo the musical as it's a very good show that more people should have a chance to experience.

Final thoughts: I think this is a very good addition. There are a couple of weird parts here or there, but overall it was done well. The biggest issue your team faced, however, was communication through initial brainstorming was a struggle and definitely needs to be improved going forward.

AceAstro

Team Warriors

Starting off, I like the website design. You didn't go for a "safe" presentation style this stanza and it really shows.

I am glad that you started off the project with where it was located. Made it really nice to know exactly what area we were talking about. It is a lot of area to work with so definitely makes sense why you went with it.

I like that you included a whole section about what would happen to the former Ikspiari. Being a large area, it definitely makes sense to change it into a hotel and the theme makes sense. I would definitely want to visit Shogun Springs.

Moving on to the castle, it is stunning! I think this is a beautiful "weenie" for the area. I was not sure how I felt about going that route at first, but I think it as a great bet and definitely helps for how well it was done! Great work @James G. on that write-up! I like the gallery within the Tenshu as well as the Nipponbunka Kaikan section. My favourite part, however, is the restaurant. All the food mentioned in the sample menu is utterly fantastic and is making my mouth water just thinking about it. :hungry:

Nothing fancy to say about the mini-golf course as it seems very evenly themed to match the rest of the place. The only thing missing I would have liked was the name of the course!

I enjoy the Winter Wonderland area and appreciate the focus of having it indoors to make it realistic with all of the snow and ice features year-round. I love the idea of fake snow for the kids (and adults alike) to play even in the middle of the summer!

Moving on to spring, this is a much larger area and it was used effectively. With the cherry blossoms involved, there are some very nice colours involved in the area. I love the idea of DisneyQuest making a come back but the only thing I would like to know more about is the facade. We have this large focus on cherry blossoms and the garden right outside, but then do we have this giant, ugly, green building as well? It just feels like it doesn't mesh with the rest of the area. The food court is a nice addition, nothing fancy to say about it.

I love the roof addition to the summer section. It makes a nice "dark" addition to the area. I love the dance arena section. I think it’s a nice addition that would’ve be a lot of fun without a lot of effort. Love all the shops and dining in this area as they all add to the area but nothing special to note!

Starting with the Autumn Delight, I love the ability to have breakfast, or dinner there. The menu is simple, yet gets the full point across. I like this area the best probably as it contains nice tradition shops and food. It also contains the legendary Earl of Sandwich making it an easy win!

All in all, while it’s a great project, there are detail aspects missing here and there where I’d love just a bit more detail to really help the project (such as the winter section).​

D Hulk

Original Poster
enhance

Today two teams faced off against each other in a hard-fought contest of power and strength. It's time to see who won.

Los Angeles Rams
Shut down by New England’s defense. Flaws in their passing game.

New England Patriots
Improved passing game in the 4th quarter overwhelmed L.A.’s defense!

But forget about the Super Bowl. Of far greater importance was Stanza III of The Sorcerer's Apprentice: Season 5!

Faced with possibly the most difficult challenge in Sorcerer's Apprentice history, our two teams faced off against each other in a hard-fought contest of power and strength. It's time to see who won.

Team Princes
What Princes did well: Your presentation abilities are off-the-charts amazing! Individually, Team Princes has some of the most talented Armchair Imagineers working today.
What Princes did poorly: You're all a bunch of stubborn a-holes who have difficulty agreeing on something. That's right, you're the Guardians of the Galaxy!

Team Warriors
What Warriors did well: Settled quickly on a strong concept and worked as a unified team to strengthen and develop it.
What Warriors did poorly: Some rushed presentation issues and writing errors stemming from player absences and a chaotic 11th hour.

Congratulations! You are one star closer to completing Yen Sid’s hat!

enhance

Cheers to our heroes for out-maneuvering Cruella de Vil!

giphy.gif

D Hulk

Original Poster
Congratulations to Team Warriors on your victory! In short order you shall be privately receiving Stanza IV. In addition, your project manager
receives Buzzy the Immunity Idol. He is safe from elimination in Stanza IV.

Meanwhile, three members of Team Princes are going to the Cursed Courtroom.

You three have 24 hours to answer the judges' questions. Once your trial is concluded, the Cursed Courtroom's survivors shall rejoin their team and Stanza IV shall officially commence!

D Hulk

Original Poster
New York, New York

Victory is at hand! Gracious representatives from the Oriental Land Company rush up to the teams and reward them for overhauling Ikspiari with the greatest gift imaginable - Magic 15 early entry into DisneySea!

Robin Hood holds the star in his hands. "We did it. We took out one of the Black Order. Woohoo!"

Mr. Incredible grabs the star. "I think it's time for all of us to rendezvous at the Heroic Headquarters. Including you guys," he says as he points to the cast.

"Oooh, the Heroic Headquarters? That sounds awesome!" says @Pi on my Cake.

"It truly is. You will be the first mortals since Walt and Roy themselves to set foot there," Prince Philip says.

Robin Hood jumps up, holding a map, "If my math is right, Toy Story Mania in DisneySea should take us to Hollywood Studios. There we can hop on a bus to -"

"SHH! Don't say its location in public. You never know who may be listening," Mr. Incredible says. "To Toy Story Mania!"

The group wanders through the entrance of DisneySea and towards American Waterfront. "It always amazes me how well they blended the Toy Story aesthetic with New York City," says @Evilgidgit.

enhance

@James G. responds. "Yeah, @D Hindley - I mean Professor Ratigan - was a huge fan of that. This whole park actually."

Using their Magic 15 advantage, the group bypasses the staggering 4 hour queue for Toy Story Mania and directly boards the ride, donning 3D goggles. "No one is going to be able to beat my score," says @nated1226.

"Oh yeah? Try me," @Disneylover152 smiles.

As their vehicles enter the ride, everything goes black. The players all sense strange and unexpected movements, like their ride vehicles are magically transforming. When the lights return, to everyone's astonishment they find themselves riding a Ferris Wheel.

635871460004454435-AP-TIMES-SQUARE-TOY-STORE-78546384.JPG

It is the closed-down Ferris Wheel in the abandoned Times Square Toys R Us.

"That was the weirdest warp ever," @spacemt354 says as he exits his vehicle. He proceeds to vomit.

"This doesn't look like Hollywood Studios!" @TwilightZone says.

"No it's not," Prince Philip says. "Sometimes the wormholes don't take you where you want to go, but where you need to go. But why would they take us here?"

Mr. Incredible tears open the front door to reveal Times Square, New York City, spreading out before them with all the glamorous glittering lights of Broadway.
find themselves in Times Square, New York. Nothing appears out of the ordinary, until a red double-decker bus screeches to a stop before them, driven by Woody. (The three-eyed Martians work the pedals; Rex navigates.)

"Get in if you want to live!" Woody yells.

The cast hastily boards the bus, and Woody drives them away.

As Woody drives the cast around the southern tip of Manhattan, they see a terrifying sight...

enhance

"Her influence extends even here?" Prince Philip asks.

"Her power is everywhere. But I'm glad the wormhole brought you to New York. Your help is greatly needed. You see, Lotso has..."

D Hulk

Original Poster
enhance

enhance

STANZA IV – LOST IN LOTSOLAND

So far we’ve looked at parks both real and hypothetical. Now let’s look at one that’s under construction!

LEGOLAND New York is due to open in the Spring of 2020. It has been described as the most ambitious LEGOLAND to date, with a budget of $350 million and a design that intends to combine the best of LEGOLAND California and LEGOLAND Florida. The project’s investors intend for this to be the greatest LEGOLAND of them all, and to accomplish that they’re turning to you…

Your task is to design the ultimate LEGO E-ticket for LEGOLAND New York.

But wait, there’s more!

You must also create a live show in New York City to promote your E-ticket.

• The park’s announced land roster consists of The Factory, Bricktopia, LEGO NINJAGO World, Heartlake City, LEGO City, Pirate Shores, and Miniland. Your E-ticket may go into any one of these lands. (See the Program Guide for more details.)
  • Assume that you’re in the Blue Sky design phase for LEGOLAND New York. The park’s layout and attraction roster may be modified to fit your E-ticket.
  • The live show will play in New York City in the lead-up to LEGOLAND New York’s Spring 2020 opening. Decisions regarding venue, scale, and other details are entirely up to you.
  • LEGO has some pretty wild IP rules. For our purposes, you are free to use any franchise(s) which have been LEGO toys.
  • Keep in mind your target audience (ages 2-12). LEGOLAND parks have a fairly distinct mission statement.
Master Builders
Warriors - @OutboundFlight
Princes - @Pi on my Cake

Guest Reviewers
Warriors
- Magicart87, GlacierGlacier, jt04, FigmentsFriend, PaisleyMF, mimitchi33, CreateDisney, Zootopia Dude
Princes - WowFactor, EricsBiscuit, El_Tomato, 21stamps, Magic Feather mickeyfan5534, Fox&Hound, michmousefan

This Project is due Tuesday, February 12th at 11:59 PM EST

Time Zones

Pacific Standard Time - 8:59 PM
Eastern Standard Time - 11:59 PM
Barbados Party Time - 12:59 AM
Greenwich Mean Time - 3:59 AM
Central European Time - 4:59 AM

One final note: As the winning project manager on Team Warriors, @Disneylover152 has earned Buzzy the Immunity Idol for Stanza IV. If Team Warriors loses, he cannot be nominated to the Cursed Courtroom.​

Last edited:

D Hulk

Original Poster
enhance

Program Guide

LEGOLAND New York

--------

Villainous Advice

“Well if it isn’t our new friends. I’m Lotso, and this here is Lotsoland New York. Ain’t no place else like it. And I aim to see that it stays that way. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’d best be seein’ y’all out. Don’t toy with me.”
- Lotso

--------

Heroic Hints

enhance

--------

Stanza II Sound Trivia - Pixar Music

Brer Oswald

enhance

Program Guide

LEGOLAND New York

--------

Villainous Advice

“Well if it isn’t our new friends. I’m Lotso, and this here is Lotsoland New York. Ain’t no place else like it. And I aim to see that it stays that way. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’d best be seein’ y’all out. Don’t toy with me.”
- Lotso

--------

Heroic Hints

enhance

--------

I’m confident in 80% of my answers
  1. You’ve Got a Friend in Me, Toy Story
  2. Inside Out
  3. Real Gone, Cars
  4. If I Didn’t Have You, Monsters Inc
  5. Married Life, Up
  6. Put On Your Sunday Clothes, Wall-E
  7. Hmmmm......Finding Nemo?
  8. Coco
  9. Incredibles
  10. a bug’s life

PerGron

enhance

Program Guide

LEGOLAND New York

--------

Villainous Advice

- Lotso

--------

Heroic Hints

enhance

--------

• You’ve got a friend in me- Toy Story
  • Bundle of Joy- Inside Out
  • Real Gone- Cars
  • If I didn’t Have You- Monster’s Inc.
  • Married Life- Up
  • Put on your Sunday clothes- Wall-E
  • Haiku- Finding Nemo
  • Remember Me- Coco
  • The Incredits- The Incredibles
  • A Bug’s Life Suite- A Bug’s Life

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom