The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I had to look it up because I didn't remember hearing that about the GotG team -- because I was like didn't James Gunn write that? Lol

So Nicole Perlman is the only one who is from GotG and wrote the initial drafts before Gunn came on the project. It's a positive sign, but she's also 1 of 3 who contributed the story for this, and she's not credited on the screenplay (which goes to 4 other people)

From the credits, I get the sense there are too many cooks in the kitchen for this movie, or it went through a few re-writes.

As for solos I would put the entirety of the Dark Knight Trilogy above any MCU solo film, but that's just me -- I think those movies are so inspirational and deep. Scores mean a lot to me and that is one thing the MCU kind of lacks, but it's the teamwork of the MCU that makes me invested in it, how characters crossover and interact so seamlessly that is so enticing.

Captain Marvel is a "very important" movie for the larger MCU. It has a big job setting up a lot of things which means the higher ups are gonna be more involved and there's less wiggle room for changes in the story/schedule if issues develop. Past "Very Important" movies have been Iron Man 2 and Avengers 2. Civil War and Infinity War were also "very important" movies. So, Marvel has a rough history of ups and downs when it comes to "very important" movies.

spacemt354

Chili's
Captain Marvel is a "very important" movie for the larger MCU. It has a big job setting up a lot of things which means the higher ups are gonna be more involved and there's less wiggle room for changes in the story/schedule if issues develop. Past "Very Important" movies have been Iron Man 2 and Avengers 2. Civil War and Infinity War were also "very important" movies. So, Marvel has a rough history of ups and downs when it comes to "very important" movies.
I'd really like them to set up some underlying motive or tie to Thanos for Captain Marvel. With Ronan in the film, it gives me hope, but I mean it's just me taking a guess, there's been no rumors/mention of it.

Of the surviving Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk have the most unfinished business with Thanos, I hope Captain Marvel joining and potentially being the key to defeating him, isn't just because she's strong, but because it's a continuation of a conflict in her film.

Otherwise to me, that'd be a really sour payoff to years of buildup if someone's film shows up 2 months before the epic finale with no tie to the Infinity Stones or Thanos or whatever villain is in Avengers 4 and says "I'm gonna end it" cringe line delivery and all...

Marvel's earned the benefit of the doubt and I can't see them botching the ending of 10 years due to not being prepped story-wise...but I wish I was more excited about her character

AceAstro

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION QUESTION
WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE DISNEY HERO/ HEROINE?

For me, I would personally have to go Mulan. She fought for what she believed in even when she was told no and I just love that idea so much that it's an easy choice for me.

Another good one is Hercules but like my favourite villain, I just love the movie and he has SUCH a good hero song in Go The Distance you can't go wrong!​

D Hulk

Original Poster
Mulan is awesome, no doubt. She’s the only Disney Princess with a body count in the thousands!

But I gotta stick with Moana for somewhat opposite reasons, since she defeated Te Ka with love instead of violence. She also led her people into a new age of voyaging thanks to her own boundless passion, which is just wonderful.

My second choice would be a dark horse candidate: Bernard from The Rescuers. He’s basically Disney’s John McClane, a timid everymouse who becomes a serious badass when the need arises.

Brer Oswald

For me, I would personally have to go Mulan. She fought for what she believed in even when she was told no and I just love that idea so much that it's an easy choice for me.

Another good one is Hercules but like my favourite villain, I just love the movie and he has SUCH a good hero song in Go The Distance you can't go wrong!​
Brer Rabbit I guess? If he counts.

PerGron

I like my heroes to be in the morally gray area because good guys are boring, so really I'm a big fan of Jack Sparrow from the first two pirates films (afterwards he just becomes too Goofy) but in those films he's goofy enough, but not really a "good guy" just better than the worse guys.

Suchomimus

Blog%2B-%2BWDW%2BNeverlands%2BE.png

mickeyfan5534

I have four.

Belle - An intelligent character with amazing writing. Longs for more but allows herself to change. Refuses to take any of the crap given to her without giving some back. She's amazing.

Aurora - Yeah she's pretty but also she's incredible. She gives up her happiness for the duty she discovers she has to her people. That's such a fascinating and wonderful character to me and she's unappreciated.

Hercules - I stan this nerd. That is all.

Rapunzel - I stan this nerd too. That is all.

On a semi-related note:

This ride is going to be fudging brilliant.

mickeyfan5534

T’ever jave that this game half

LStarting over
:grumpy:

Anyone here ever suddenly become best friends with a bar owner and then get offered endless free drinks for the evening? Because that’s happening to me right now.

@pixie_princess

LStarting over

Anyone here ever suddenly become best friends with a bar owner and then get offered endless free drinks for the evening? Because that’s happening to me right now.

@pixie_princess
That's the dream my dude.

kmbmw777

For me, it is Woody. His character development and the 'smaller scale' pf Toy Story just makes him feel so much real and makes his arc seem so much bigger,

pixie_princess

LStarting over

@pixie_princess

No, but last night I also managed to get trashed before Winter Formal at a friends house cause he kept pouring me shots.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom