The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

AceAstro

Is it too late to retitle “Endgame?”
Just need to go make a few changes...

giphy.gif

Voxel

President of Progress City
This site is very tough on mobile to navigate around ads.
I miss the Ad free world.. It's been crazy.

What have you missed? Mostly it’s been a bunch of people asking “Where’s @Voxel?! Whatever happened to @Voxel?!”
Work as been crazy.. I started my paper work to create an LLC and I'm designing my own custom Christmas lights for next year. My dating life as gotten fun. I really like my gf family, and I'm introducing her to Disney World on Dec 13th. It's been fairly busy. But I'm planning to have time with the competition don;t worry

spacemt354

Chili's
The moment we’ve all been waiting for is here! :joyfull:

Here is the latest MCU movie trailer!!! :D

Captain Marvel

Possible hot take...I'm not really impressed with this. If it didn't say Marvel Studios on the logo, I probably wouldn't see it. I liked the first trailer better than this one

Jmo but on the whole, DC does solo superhero films better than Marvel. Dark Knight, Man of Steel (which I really liked), Wonder Woman, and Aquaman seems promising. Recent exception being Black Panther

Whereas Marvel does the team-up movies way better....when there's more than 1 main Avenger in the movie I think those really shine, even if they are 'solo' films like Ragnarok or Civil War

Of course it's just a trailer and this could turn out amazing, but I wish there was more personality to these trailers, especially from Captain Marvel. She just seems like a really overpowered version of Iron Man with less humor. She barely even cracked a smile throughout both trailers. Kree are kind of stoic so I'm wondering where the Marvel 'humor' factor will come from because that is an element that brings levity to even dark films like Infinity War.

Disney Dad 3000

Possible hot take...I'm not really impressed with this. If it didn't say Marvel Studios on the logo, I probably wouldn't see it. I liked the first trailer better than this one

Jmo but on the whole, DC does solo superhero films better than Marvel. Dark Knight, Man of Steel (which I really liked), Wonder Woman, and Aquaman seems promising. Recent exception being Black Panther

Whereas Marvel does the team-up movies way better....when there's more than 1 main Avenger in the movie I think those really shine, even if they are 'solo' films like Ragnarok or Civil War

Of course it's just a trailer and this could turn out amazing, but I wish there was more personality to these trailers, especially from Captain Marvel. She just seems like a really overpowered version of Iron Man with less humor. She barely even cracked a smile throughout both trailers. Kree are kind of stoic so I'm wondering where the Marvel 'humor' factor will come from because that is an element that brings levity to even dark films like Infinity War.

Not hot at all IMO. I wasn't in love with it either. I'll of course see it to prep for IW2, but this didn't look all that spectacular. Hoping to be surprised though. Would love to see a Thor cameo since he'd fit timeline or something even if it was only for him to get body slammed when he tried to hit on her.

Don't know why but it reminded me of green lantern

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Not hot at all IMO. I wasn't in love with it either. I'll of course see it to prep for IW2, but this didn't look all that spectacular. Hoping to be surprised though. Would love to see a Thor cameo since he'd fit timeline or something even if it was only for him to get body slammed when he tried to hit on her.

Don't know why but it reminded me of green lantern
Oh, I'm getting heavy green lantern vibes too. It's making me nervous. I trust marvel, but they got me worried.

I totally agree that the movie and the character both are showing a distinct lack of personality so far. Which is surprising since strong personalities in the characters and in the films themselves is kinda Marvel's thing.

I would disagree on DC being better at solo movies. But I also am one of the few people who think Iron Man 3 and the first Thor are some of the best in the MCU.

kmbmw777

For me, Marvel does solo movies way better (with the exception of the Dark Knight, which I consider to be the best superhero solo movie ever (though I think many agree with me, so thats not a hot take)). The first two caps, the 1st and 3rd iron man, black panther, homecoming, etc. have all been solo movies and . I love all of them. Tho the argument that homecoming aren't solos I would say that they're as much of a solo movie as captain marvel. Captain Marvel has nick fury in a role, as Homecoming has Iron Man. Still Captain Marvel has me hyped. I love the whole aesthetic of it, and the writers behind it are the same team behind gotg 1, so I have faith in their ability.

spacemt354

Chili's
For me, Marvel does solo movies way better (with the exception of the Dark Knight, which I consider to be the best superhero solo movie ever (though I think many agree with me, so thats not a hot take)). The first two caps, the 1st and 3rd iron man, black panther, homecoming, etc. have all been solo movies and . I love all of them. Tho the argument that homecoming aren't solos I would say that they're as much of a solo movie as captain marvel. Captain Marvel has nick fury in a role, as Homecoming has Iron Man. Still Captain Marvel has me hyped. I love the whole aesthetic of it, and the writers behind it are the same team behind gotg 1, so I have faith in their ability.
I had to look it up because I didn't remember hearing that about the GotG team -- because I was like didn't James Gunn write that? Lol

So Nicole Perlman is the only one who is from GotG and wrote the initial drafts before Gunn came on the project. It's a positive sign, but she's also 1 of 3 who contributed the story for this, and she's not credited on the screenplay (which goes to 4 other people)

From the credits, I get the sense there are too many cooks in the kitchen for this movie, or it went through a few re-writes.

As for solos I would put the entirety of the Dark Knight Trilogy above any MCU solo film, but that's just me -- I think those movies are so inspirational and deep. Scores mean a lot to me and that is one thing the MCU kind of lacks, but it's the teamwork of the MCU that makes me invested in it, how characters crossover and interact so seamlessly that is so enticing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom