The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

FireMountain

Spoiler
Image result for spoiler

spacemt354

Chili's
Alright, so this didn't used to be an issue because you didn't used to be able to do it. But I noticed it while working on One Little Spark.

You can now upload photos directly from your computer to direct messages just like you can for regular forum posts. That means the photo is "hosted" on wdwmagic. Specifically in the direct messages. Which sets the photos to private and can only be seen by people in the messages. Photos "hosted" on other sites are visible though even if they are copy and pasted from the direct messages because it doesn't matter to Wdwmagic where you are getting the photo from, it matters where it is hosted.

It didn't really come up in One Little Spark because of the heavy use of Google Docs/Slides due to issues with the site in general for a lot of newer members. Solo projects in that game and since then would be made in public spaces and thus hosted in public places.

It hasn't been as much of an issue until recently in this game, I'd assume, because there hasn't been as much original art or as much forum post presentations until the Bar Brawl.

It doesn't effect photos I post because I upload everything to Imgur first and then bring it to the site. So, it's hosted somewhere else in a public place before it's brought to the direct messages.

Bottom line, if I'm right, upload everything to Imgur or something similar first and we shouldn't have issues. Should just take a minute or two more.
Bringing this over here -- I have been posting photos the same way since at least 2017 -- I just have an album I copy/paste the image url from to the forum

Earlier in the comp -- Stanza I, II, and IV there should be custom art from me -- all posted the same way we have recently.

We've posted custom art in earlier rounds but iirc all of them were on google docs/slides or flip html -- only recently have people begun to post custom photos onto forum posts.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Joining Space and moving the discussion to this thread

My theory is you did, it's just copying and pasting from the pm is what ruins it. So just don't copy and paste images from pms and we are fine!
EDIT: Basically, don't copy and paste from PMs. It does not matter if you put your drawing on imgur or elsewhere first or not. Trying to make my PSA a little more clear. : P

That can't be it. Because I was the PM for the poop round and can guarantee all I did was copy and paste our final draft from the PM. I think Space has the final piece of this puzzle...

I just have an album I copy/paste the image url from to the forum

I do this too. Copy and pasting from imgur into the PMs changes the image "host" to the PM. But if you insert the image using the image source URL (Which was the only way till a few months ago for PMs IIRC so a lot of the people who have been on here for at least a year or so probably naturally do this out of habit), the host stays at imgur or whatever instead of resetting.

So...

If your presentation is a forum post: Upload your images to imgur (or some similar site) first. Then insert them using the image url. That way you won't have any issues with copy and pasting from PMs to public forum pages.

Does that sound about right now?

TwilightZone

Joining Space and moving the discussion to this thread

That can't be it. Because I was the PM for the poop round and can guarantee all I did was copy and paste our final draft from the PM. I think Space has the final piece of this puzzle...

I do this too. Copy and pasting from imgur into the PMs changes the image "host" to the PM. But if you insert the image using the image source URL (Which was the only way till a few months ago for PMs IIRC so a lot of the people who have been on here for at least a year or so probably naturally do this out of habit), the host stays at imgur or whatever instead of resetting.

So...

If your presentation is a forum post: Upload your images to imgur (or some similar site) first. Then insert them using the image url. That way you won't have any issues with copy and pasting from PMs to public forum pages.

Does that sound about right now?
Looks like another experiment for me to try out! Let's see right now!
From imgur to PM to here
ak865kU.png

EDIT: Yep, seems like you guys are right!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom