The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

Suchomimus

The what now
Leaving Neverland is basically 4 hours of false(and dated(these are the same accusations against Michael Jackson in 1993 and again in 2005; with Michael being innocent both times)recriminations towards MJ. I bring this up because The Simpsons is pulling out airings of Stark Raving Dad since it has the character’s name and voice actor.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Saw Captain Marvel last night!

Decent! Thoroughly decent! Directing and writing weren't good. But the acting was nice. Especially from side characters. Captain Marvel herself was kinda the least likeable and dynamic character in the movies. Even her friend who only gets like 5 minutes total of screentime has a more interesting arc and seems more dynamic. But the issues Captain Marvel (as a character) seem to, again, come mostly from the writing and directing. There are enough moments where she does shine that I think she'll have the chance to be a breakout character in future movies sorta like how Banner, Widow, and Strange were underwhelming until they appeared in team ups.

Overall, the plot was decent. The character were fun. The action was mostly bad. The visuals were good (outside of fight scenes). Not the disaster some people are making it out to be. But definitely one of the weaker Marvel movies.

It's decent.

6/10. Maybe 7/10.

Advertising Coulson and Ronan at all was very misleading. Coulson was in 3 or 4 scenes in a very minor role. Ronan was a glorified cameo. Alot of cameos and world building felt very forced and instead of being interesting world building they served to just make the Marvel universe feel smaller. There are things in this movie that tie other movies together in really weird and odd and pointless ways. It felt like it checked off nearly every box on the "don't do this in a prequel" checklist.

But the twist with the villain was really well done and cool even if it seemed kinda obvious, I don't mind obvious if it is well handled. Everyone knew Thanos's snap was coming since 2012, but that doesn't make it less effective.

Captain Marvel as a character was at her best in the first 10-20 minutes and the last 10-20 minutes. The amnesia plot line felt like it really held her character back. But it did lead to some interesting story beats and some of the best visuals of the movie.

TwilightZone

Leaving Neverland is basically 4 hours of false(and dated(these are the same accusations against Michael Jackson in 1993 and again in 2005; with Michael being innocent both times)recriminations towards MJ. I bring this up because The Simpsons is pulling out airings of Stark Raving Dad since it has the character’s name and voice actor.
Oh! Well, that is interesting. I don't think it's a good idea to pull an episode just because of resurfacing accusations. That's like pulling off every movie Pixar made because of John Lasseter.

FireMountain

MARio PIKACHUCSONIC.PACMANrRYU ROBOT.CPLINKOOSHI MARIO PIKACHU SONIC PAC-MANRYU

kmbmw777

Decent! Thoroughly decent! Directing and writing weren't good. But the acting was nice. Especially from side characters. Captain Marvel herself was kinda the least likeable and dynamic character in the movies. Even her friend who only gets like 5 minutes total of screentime has a more interesting arc and seems more dynamic. But the issues Captain Marvel (as a character) seem to, again, come mostly from the writing and directing. There are enough moments where she does shine that I think she'll have the chance to be a breakout character in future movies sorta like how Banner, Widow, and Strange were underwhelming until they appeared in team ups.

Overall, the plot was decent. The character were fun. The action was mostly bad. The visuals were good (outside of fight scenes). Not the disaster some people are making it out to be. But definitely one of the weaker Marvel movies.

It's decent.

6/10. Maybe 7/10.

Advertising Coulson and Ronan at all was very misleading. Coulson was in 3 or 4 scenes in a very minor role. Ronan was a glorified cameo. Alot of cameos and world building felt very forced and instead of being interesting world building they served to just make the Marvel universe feel smaller. There are things in this movie that tie other movies together in really weird and odd and pointless ways. It felt like it checked off nearly every box on the "don't do this in a prequel" checklist.

But the twist with the villain was really well done and cool even if it seemed kinda obvious, I don't mind obvious if it is well handled. Everyone knew Thanos's snap was coming since 2012, but that doesn't make it less effective.

Captain Marvel as a character was at her best in the first 10-20 minutes and the last 10-20 minutes. The amnesia plot line felt like it really held her character back. But it did lead to some interesting story beats and some of the best visuals of the movie.
I agree with your assessments. I thought the Coulson scenes were cool, and they were well done. Ronan felt weird - I feel like he was set up for something, but did literally nothing. I guess he was representative of the Kree government themselves - it just felt weird. Especially with knowing he dies in a dance off.

I loved the whole Fury and Carol dynamic. Hilarious scenes all around with Fury and Coulson, Fury and Carol, Fury and Goose!!!!!

I thought Carol herself was pretty well done. The whole movie was about learning and accepting yourself for who you are. That whole scene with her always getting back up was really well done and worth the build up ImO. Brie Danvers was awesome!

The mid credits scene was way more than I anticipated. I didn’t think there was any way we would get the Avengers, let alone Captain Marvel interacting with them. That’s awesome!!! I do think the one with Goose should have been the mid-credits scene. Just the whole timeline would’ve made more sense since Goose happened first chronillogically.

Overall, awesome movie.

We’re in the endgame now.

NateD1226

@D Hindley @TheOriginalTiki and all the other Knott's fans

TwilightZone

@D Hindley @TheOriginalTiki and all the other Knott's fans
I was about to do that lol.

DinoInstitute

It's decent.

6/10. Maybe 7/10.

The reaction to the movie was pretty mixed among the group I was with. Personally I liked it quite a bit. Like you said it’s far from the best Marvel film, but I wouldn’t call it one of the weaker ones, maybe around the middle.

Pros:
-Very interesting storytelling. I came into the movie not knowing pretty much anything about the characters so it was mostly all new to me, so I really enjoyed the aspect of piecing together the story with Carol with the flashbacks and twists. I could see how that might have been boring if you already could see it coming though.
-The action felt very unique and interesting to watch, especially on the invisible ship.
-This may be a cliche point to make, but it’s great to finally have a Marvel movie led by a woman. I know a lot of the internet seemed concerned that they would try to push the feminism message too hard to the point that it took you out of the film, but I thought they did a perfect job giving their message without it feeling like pandering to the audience.
-Goose!

Cons:
-The pacing was a bit off in the beginning. I was starting to get a bit bored, but when she got to Earth it picked up a lot.
-Probably about 20 minutes longer than it had to be.
-Something felt a bit off about Carol a lot of time. I’m not really sure if it was the writing or the delivery of the lines, but a lot of it just didn’t feel natural. Also I pretty much always find it cringy when superheroes try to give those snarky comments in the middle of action scenes and battles, and this movie certainly had that.

If you miss it you’re probably not missing too much, but overall I thought it was really just an interesting and fun to watch movie. 7/10 I’d say.

FireMountain

It's decent.

6/10. Maybe 7/10.

I agree with your assessments. I thought the Coulson scenes were cool, and they were well done. Ronan felt weird - I feel like he was set up for something, but did literally nothing. I guess he was representative of the Kree government themselves - it just felt weird. Especially with knowing he dies in a dance off.

I loved the whole Fury and Carol dynamic. Hilarious scenes all around with Fury and Coulson, Fury and Carol, Fury and Goose!!!!!

I thought Carol herself was pretty well done. The whole movie was about learning and accepting yourself for who you are. That whole scene with her always getting back up was really well done and worth the build up ImO. Brie Danvers was awesome!

The mid credits scene was way more than I anticipated. I didn’t think there was any way we would get the Avengers, let alone Captain Marvel interacting with them. That’s awesome!!! I do think the one with Goose should have been the mid-credits scene. Just the whole timeline would’ve made more sense since Goose happened first chronillogically.

Overall, awesome movie.

We’re in the endgame now.
The reaction to the movie was pretty mixed among the group I was with. Personally I liked it quite a bit. Like you said it’s far from the best Marvel film, but I wouldn’t call it one of the weaker ones, maybe around the middle.

Pros:
-Very interesting storytelling. I came into the movie not knowing pretty much anything about the characters so it was mostly all new to me, so I really enjoyed the aspect of piecing together the story with Carol with the flashbacks and twists. I could see how that might have been boring if you already could see it coming though.
-The action felt very unique and interesting to watch, especially on the invisible ship.
-This may be a cliche point to make, but it’s great to finally have a Marvel movie led by a woman. I know a lot of the internet seemed concerned that they would try to push the feminism message too hard to the point that it took you out of the film, but I thought they did a perfect job giving their message without it feeling like pandering to the audience.
-Goose!

Cons:
-The pacing was a bit off in the beginning. I was starting to get a bit bored, but when she got to Earth it picked up a lot.
-Probably about 20 minutes longer than it had to be.
-Something felt a bit off about Carol a lot of time. I’m not really sure if it was the writing or the delivery of the lines, but a lot of it just didn’t feel natural. Also I pretty much always find it cringy when superheroes try to give those snarky comments in the middle of action scenes and battles, and this movie certainly had that.

If you miss it you’re probably not missing too much, but overall I thought it was really just an interesting and fun to watch movie. 7/10 I’d say.
Snape kills Dumbledore

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom