The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
My friend, I think you just summed up Schaffrillas better than I ever could. Frankly, he's like that kid who took exactly one film class and all of a sudden, he thinks he's some sort of expert.

Even worse, given that he's done like three or four videos bashing The Last Jedi, and considering that one of is "____ is Painfully Average" videos was about Captain Marvel, you can bet that his latest "genius" will send the manbabies flocking. And we're all sadly aware of how the YouTube algorithm tends to favor the right-wing manbaby crowd...

(Even though Schaffrillas doesn't get political, and he has outright said on Twitter that he hates Trump, you can tell the dude has a trace of conservative beliefs about him, if not libertarian beliefs.)
He makes fun of right winger, anti-sjw youtubers pretty often. And in his review/analysis playlist there are only 3 videos about the Last Jedi. 1 was just an april fools joke, 1 is negatively contrasting it to Infinity War, and 1 is actually positively contrasting it with Thor in Endgame.

He's not a serious critic/analyst and shouldn't be taken seriously. But calling him a right-wing manbaby because he thought Captain Marvel was average and Last Jedi had some serious flaws (though some definite redeeming qualities) isn't really accurate. By that description I'm a right wing extremist lol

That being said, I can definitely understand not liking him. I disagree with him pretty often, but I feel he makes some good points here and there and sometimes can be funny as long as you don't take him too seriously. Which I don't think he ever really tries to be taken seriously.

DisneyManOne

He's not a serious critic/analyst and shouldn't be taken seriously. But calling him a right-wing manbaby because he thought Captain Marvel was average and Last Jedi had some serious flaws (though some definite redeeming qualities) isn't really accurate. By that description I'm a right wing extremist lol
I never outright said he was a right-wing manbaby. Even if he was right-wing, I'm sure he's "moderate-right". From what I've heard, he's nowhere near a "right-wing manbaby", not in the least. He doesn't whine about SJWs nor is he outright bigoted. I'm just saying that his videos cover topics that are usually catnip for such people, and I'm frankly scared that his "Why Elsa Sucks" will attract such a crowd.

Disney Dad 3000

Public service announcement

If you see any crazy folks running around wdw on 7.24 on twitter I may be one of them. Will be down there for about 11-12 days and on 24th joining 30-35 or so people on a big group Every Ride WDW challenge (everyridechallenge.com).
Very similar to Parkeology just slightly different rules. Raising money for charity (give kids the world village) so should be a blast. Have not done this before but I'm hoping to get at least 42-43 of the 48. Only a 16 hr day so 48 will be tough. Looks like stinking primeval whirl and wildlife express will both be back open by then. I'll drop my twitter handle on here near race day for those tweeters out there if you wanna see some funny stuff.

Manage to squeak out 37 of 45 rides yesterday. So many ride tech issues yesterday (splash, space, TT, mania, slinky) and a few rounds of rain. Had a blast though and we raised a good bit of money. Even found a few nooks and crannies of the parks I hadn't seen as I was darting in and out of all the path hoggers. Few more days here and back to real world. Good shot of imagineering for the soul.

Was not a big fan of TSL but after finally getting some time there last week and yesterday/today after missing opening last year by a week, thoroughly enjoyed slinky and a.s,s. New restaurant will help but my word the sun, crowd, m&g waits, etc are nutso.

DisneyManOne

The Shiny Edgelord strikes again...

I can practically feel the glee of all the he-man woman-haters of the Internet. It's not a good feeling. And the sad news is, I'm gonna have to put up with this one-sided, ego-serving nonsense being in the Recommended section of every Some Jerk/Spazzmaster/Doggans video I watch now...

NateD1226

I can practically feel the glee of all the he-man woman-haters of the Internet. It's not a good feeling. And the sad news is, I'm gonna have to put up with this one-sided, ego-serving nonsense being in the Recommended section of every Some Jerk/Spazzmaster/Doggans video I watch now...

And the worst of all, he can get paid up to 1k for this video. How about people give some nice Disney History lessons. That would be awesome!

Suchomimus

maxresdefault.jpg

DisneyManOne

Can I just how much I can't stand the thumbnails for videos like these? Something about them just makes me irritated and cringed inside from looking at them.
It's like you said, my friend. There are three cardinal steps to every Schaffrillas "review" video. If I may paraphrase...

Step One, blather about one-sided nothingness.
Step Two, slap on a stupid-looking screencap for a thumbnail.
Step Three, sit back and watch the clicks and likes roll in.

Suchomimus

It's like you said, my friend. There are three cardinal steps to every Schaffrillas "review" video. If I may paraphrase...

Step One, blather about one-sided nothingness.
Step Two, slap on a stupid-looking screencap for a thumbnail.
Step Three, sit back and watch the clicks and likes roll in.
It wouldn't fair to say that this Schafrillas' own product. There are other reviewers who equally guilty and have done this for much longer; Doug Walker, The Word of Wolf, MauLer, anyone else you might know of.

DisneyManOne

It wouldn't fair to say that this Schafrillas' own product. There are other reviewers who equally guilty and have done this for much longer; Doug Walker, The Word of Wolf, MauLer, anyone else you might know of.
MisAnthroPony, "Mr. Enter's non-union equivalent", comes to mind, and I would say Mr. Enter himself, but at least his thumbnails look impressive, so he doesn't fulfill all three steps.

Outbound

The last part is especially true. Not in that you get burnt alive for killing younglings but in that by focusing on your hate for something, you only end up suffering. If you dislike something, you really have three ways to deal with it-
  1. Ignore it
  2. Try to make change
  3. Hate it
The second option is the best option but for things like movies there's no way to change a movie that is already out, so you are left with either ignoring the movie you dislike and focusing on the movies you do like... or hating on the movies you dislike and spending less time on the movies you claim to enjoy.

I'd say this applies even to our dislike for ranting YouTubers. We can either try to make a change (watch better channels) or ignore it. Hating on the haters will only mess with us.

DisneyManOne

View attachment 393676

The last part is especially true. Not in that you get burnt alive for killing younglings but in that by focusing on your hate for something, you only end up suffering. If you dislike something, you really have three ways to deal with it-
  1. Ignore it
  2. Try to make change
  3. Hate it
The second option is the best option but for things like movies there's no way to change a movie that is already out, so you are left with either ignoring the movie you dislike and focusing on the movies you do like... or hating on the movies you dislike and spending less time on the movies you claim to enjoy.

I'd say this applies even to our dislike for ranting YouTubers. We can either try to make a change (watch better channels) or ignore it. Hating on the haters will only mess with us.
I've never watched a single MisAnthroPony or Schaffrillas video, and I haven't watched a Doug Walker video since Change the Channel back in 2018. I mainly stick with Some Jerk with a Camera, Spazz Master, Doggans, Lindsay Ellis, Musical Hell and Stealing Focus, all of whom are able to make stronger videos without resorting to constant negativity and immature temper tantrums (Seriously, have you seen Doug's "review" of the Lion King remake? The man goes full-on Alex Jones in that video!).

PerGron

I've never watched a single MisAnthroPony or Schaffrillas video, and I haven't watched a Doug Walker video since Change the Channel back in 2018. I mainly stick with Some Jerk with a Camera, Spazz Master, Doggans, Lindsay Ellis, Musical Hell and Stealing Focus, all of whom are able to make stronger videos without resorting to constant negativity and immature temper tantrums (Seriously, have you seen Doug's "review" of the Lion King remake? The man goes full-on Alex Jones in that video!).

I agree with most of Doug’s points in the 2019 remake of TLK, but the way he framed it was so whiny and over the top, even I, who also disliked the film, wanted him to shut up and grow up. He’s ridiculous. I’m glad I’m not the only one who can’t stand Doug Walker

Suchomimus

View attachment 393676

1. Ignore it
  2. Try to make change
  3. Hate it

I certainly do agree with your points but I sometimes wonder when I think about them if hatred was the only thing they ever loved.

DisneyManOne

I certainly do agree with your points but I sometimes wonder when I think about them if hatred was the only thing they ever loved.
Well, for Doug Walker, it seems to be that way. I say this because in his Disneycember video for The Lion King, he outright admitted that even when he was in school, he couldn't handle the fact that people had different opinions than him! I quote...

(regarding "Hakuna Matata") "I hated it when it first came out. I was boggled by the fact that everybody was actually singing this. It’s annoying! While I was constantly humming "Be Prepared" at school, all the other kids were constantly singing "Hakuna Matata"."

And then, just to really rub it in, he follows it up with a clip of Scar saying "I'm surrounded by idiots."

So yeah, this whole "I-can't-handle-anyone-else's-opinion" problem didn't just start when he let the Nostalgia Critic fame get to his head. Doug Walker has always been like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom