The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

DisneyManOne

Guys, I'm sorry to bring up washed-up Doug Walker again, but this just has to be said.

I didn't think it was possible, but we have officially received a Doug Walker "Real Thoughts" video about a Disney remake that is even more cringe-y than the one about the Beauty and the Beast remake.

Quoth TV Tropes user ANewMan...

Good lord, the sheer amount of CRINGE. He literally has an emotional, mental breakdown over the movie and the live action remake trend, full of hyperbole of how Disney as a whole is dead based on this one trend (forget all the other output they've got out there like on their TV shows, with Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, etc.) and once again giving the Animation Age Ghetto assumption about the mentality behind the makers and audiences for these live action remakes. I think there really is something wrong with this man's head, and seeing this movie (where he should have known exactly what to expect from it) really didn't help him there.

With that said, I am dreading the day Doug will inevitably review the 2019 Lion King. If this video is any indication, it'll more than likely be his Mary Poppins Returns review, but a hundred times worse. I mean, if he really thinks Disney is dead because of a stupid trend that will likely die out after a few years, I can only imagine what sort of awful "sketches" he can do with such a concept. I mean, if the NC review of the original starts out with an awful sketch featuring an abhorrent Bob Iger impression, the floodgates are open for even more abhorrent sketches. I'm getting cringe just thinking about it!

So glad I stopped watching Channel Awesome...

Outbound

So, Marvel.

Most excited for Dr Strange and Thor. I’m not a comic book reader, so the new movies will have to convince me with their trailers... although who’s kidding the trailers will be great and I’ll end up hyped for all of them!

But what with the tv-show logos?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So, Marvel.

View attachment 391828

Most excited for Dr Strange and Thor. I’m not a comic book reader, so the new movies will have to convince me with their trailers... although who’s kidding the trailers will be great and I’ll end up hyped for all of them!

But what with the tv-show logos?
Black Widow is one of my top 4 MCU characters and I love David Harbor. But prequels rarely work out well. Especially prequels focused on already well established/developed characters. Plus, the director has very little experience that seems related to Marvel type stuff. Or much at all. BUT it's still one of the ones I'm most excited for!

Doctor Strange and Thor are both also top picks for me!

Outbound

Black Widow is one of my top 4 MCU characters and I love David Harbor. But prequels rarely work out well. Especially prequels focused on already well established/developed characters. Plus, the director has very little experience that seems related to Marvel type stuff. Or much at all. BUT it's still one of the ones I'm most excited for!

Doctor Strange and Thor are both also top picks for me!

Yeah, I am interested to see what they will do with Black Widow. I was really invested in a solo movie until Endgame- now I feel it’s a bit too little too late, but I’m going to keep an open mind.

DisneyManOne

DisneyManOne

Y'know, I've mocked Doug Walker a bit too much here. Let me remedy that by posting something about another reviewer I can't stand!

shiny.png

Have any of you guys ever seen something that immediately makes you think "AVOID AT ALL COSTS"? For me, this is one of those things. I don't think I needed another reason to prove why I don't like the "Shiny Edgelord" here, but here we are.

Suchomimus

Let me remedy that by posting something about another reviewer I can't stand!
I wouldn’t really call him a reviewer, he’s more like a wannabe reviewer; sometimes capitalizing off of recent movies like The Incredibles 2 or Marvel. Other times he does the same with older movies. Then he “delves” into movie techniques. But all the same, he talks about one sided nothingness, slaps a stupid looking screen cap for a thumbnail, and he just sits back and watch the views and the likes roll in.

DisneyManOne

I wouldn’t really call him a reviewer, he’s more like a wannabe reviewer; sometimes capitalizing off of recent movies like The Incredibles 2 or Marvel. Other times he does the same with older movies. Then he “delves” into movie techniques. But all the same, he talks about one sided nothingness, slaps a stupid looking screen cap for a thumbnail, and he just sits back and watch the views and the likes roll in.
My friend, I think you just summed up Schaffrillas better than I ever could. Frankly, he's like that kid who took exactly one film class and all of a sudden, he thinks he's some sort of expert.

and the money 🙄 If he's monetized, then we all know he is going to easily make at least $200 off that video
Even worse, given that he's done like three or four videos bashing The Last Jedi, and considering that one of is "____ is Painfully Average" videos was about Captain Marvel, you can bet that his latest "genius" will send the manbabies flocking. And we're all sadly aware of how the YouTube algorithm tends to favor the right-wing manbaby crowd...

(Even though Schaffrillas doesn't get political, and he has outright said on Twitter that he hates Trump, you can tell the dude has a trace of conservative beliefs about him, if not libertarian beliefs.)

Suchomimus

and the money 🙄 If he's monetized, then we all know he is going to easily make at least $200 off that video
My friend, I think you just summed up Schaffrillas better than I ever could. Frankly, he's like that kid who took exactly one film class and all of a sudden, he thinks he's some sort of expert.

Even worse, given that he's done like three or four videos bashing The Last Jedi, and considering that one of is "____ is Painfully Average" videos was about Captain Marvel, you can bet that his latest "genius" will send the manbabies flocking. And we're all sadly aware of how the YouTube algorithm tends to favor the right-wing manbaby crowd...

(Even though Schaffrillas doesn't get political, and he has outright said on Twitter that he hates Trump, you can tell the dude has a trace of conservative beliefs about him, if not libertarian beliefs.)
Hearing about this just makes me more glad that I unsubscribed to him when he first started doing this, and blocked him on Twitter.

DisneyManOne

And whilst we are on the subject of horrible reviewers, let's talk about MisAnthroPony, or as I like to call him, "Mr. Enter's non-union equivalent." Basically, he's everything The Mysterious Mr. Enter is, but worse. His anger problems are worse, and far creepier, than Mr. Enter's, he's got a bigger ego, his tone is more monotone than Mr. Enter's, and he's just more ... unpleasant.

I'm kinda glad that I'm gonna wait a few years before I do my own review show, because if anything, his videos have taught me a very valuable lesson: "Don't let your hatred become an obsession." Consider his oeuvre: His most well-known works are four separate videos bashing Doug Walker, and a FOUR-HOUR, SEVEN-PART video about how awful The Last Jedi was and how it will bring about "the fall of Star Wars" -- which, with Rise of Skywalker coming out and Galaxy's Edge being a smash hit -- yeah, fat chance, honey. (I swear, when Galaxy's Edge in WDW starts getting good reviews, I want to tweet at him and say "But I thought Star Wars had fallen...")

Someone on Twitter actually pointed this out:

And to me, that's pretty darn ironic. You know why? Because for someone who does nothing but bash Doug Walker, he's got the same "I-can't-handle-anyone-else's-opinion" problem that Doug has. And frankly, it's blatantly obvious that the man doesn't even support Change the Channel, and just merely used it as an excuse to justify his Doug-bashing.

Also, another reason why I call him "Mr. Enter's non-union equivalent" is because he outright plagiarized from Mr. Enter in one of his Doug-bashing videos. He took a full monologue from Mr. Enter's "Seahorse Seashell Party" review and changed the names around for his Deadpool 2 review.

Much like with Schaffrillas, his negativity -- quite fitting for someone whose name is a pun on "misanthrope" -- is his driving force, and it's a huge factor in why I am repelled by his videos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom