The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4: Homecoming Edition - Discussion Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
So, what kind of Competition is it? (Besides fun lol)

Solo or team based?
Eliminations?
Strategy?
Any neat twists?
It's a straight-forward team based elimination competition

2-4 Teams at the start depending on how many contestants there are -- and each round the teams are given one challenge to complete.

Each team is assigned a 'Project Manager' who guides the project -- essentially acting as the leader, but your mileage may vary on how much you decide to be a leader.

Out of those teams -- the losing team is sent to the 'Board Room' (similar to the Apprentice tv show) where 3 nominated members (1 being the Project Manager) from the losing team for that round, individually plead their case for why they deserve to move on to the next round.

More often than not -- 1 player is 'fired' each challenge.

The teams don't merge into one team at any point in time, however as the competition goes on the teams themselves thin out until the semi-finals when the winning 'team' advances to the final round.

In the final round - the finalists are competing individually - but can bring back previously eliminated contestants to help them finish the final project - and then one Sorcerer's Apprentice is crowned in the end!

@MonorailRed won Season 1
@Zweiland won Season 2
@tcool123 won Season 3

-- In my opinion at least, this competition brings out the best in everyone because there's really no big twists...it's straight up imagineering, and many times the people on your teams will help you grow as an imagineer together, because the more challenges you as a team win...the further you advance...so it's in everyone's best interest to work together the best you can!

This comp is actually what got me into sketching -- because it pushed me to do something different to help our team compete to win (as an example):bookworm:

spacemt354

Chili's
I should also mention -- each team is assigned a certain amount of 'Vacation Days' (actual number for Season 4 tbd)

Vacation Days are if you're coming to the deadline and have a big exam, or going on a trip, and your team can't complete the project in time for whatever reason, you can use a Vacation Day to extend the challenge deadline (for everyone) -- by one day.

Just guessing we will probably limit it to 3 Vacation Days per challenge just so it doesn't get too crazy, but essentially it's to help contestants so they don't stress out about cramming out rushed content.

The goal is to make the best projects possible with your teams, but also not burn you out!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

2-4 Teams at the start depending on how many contestants there are -- and each round the teams are given one challenge to complete.

Each team is assigned a 'Project Manager' who guides the project -- essentially acting as the leader, but your mileage may vary on how much you decide to be a leader.

Out of those teams -- the losing team is sent to the 'Board Room' (similar to the Apprentice tv show) where 3 nominated members (1 being the Project Manager) from the losing team for that round, individually plead their case for why they deserve to move on to the next round.

The teams don't merge into one team at any point in time, however as the competition goes on the teams themselves thin out until the semi-finals when the winning 'team' advances to the final round.

In the final round - the finalists are competing individually - but can bring back previously eliminated contestants to help them finish the final project - and then one Sorcerer's Apprentice is crowned in the end!

@Zweiland won Season 2
@tcool123 won Season 3

-- In my opinion at least, this competition brings out the best in everyone because there's really no big twists...it's straight up imagineering, and many times the people on your teams will help you grow as an imagineer together, because the more challenges you as a team win...the further you advance...so it's in everyone's best interest to work together the best you can!

This comp is actually what got me into sketching -- because it pushed me to do something different to help our team compete to win (as an example):bookworm:
Sounds incredible! I love that show!
Can't wait for this!

spacemt354

Chili's
Sounds incredible! I love that show!
Can't wait for this!
Nice!!

And just to show you -- I think you saw this in the workshop thread and I'm sure @englanddg wouldn't mind me posting this again...but this is one of the projects to come out of this competition

The semi-finals of Season 2 had the teams of 2 players each (Team Land and Team Sea) build two new Disney Cruise Ships...and he and @Zweiland just blew everyone out of the water with their project for Team Land!

http://63.135.165.8/dcl/

There's a ton of those great projects -- but if anyone is looking for an introduction in to what can be done with this competition, pushing the limits, working to your individual strengths, and working as a team -- this is a good place to start!

CraniumCommand89

@Zweiland won Season 2
@tcool123 won Season 3

This sounds like something I might try! How is each person chosen to be fired?

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
This sounds like something I might try! How is each person chosen to be fired?
Based on their contributions to the team for the most part, but we also want to make it more of a dialogue between players and the judges than past seasons. It's supposed to be similar to the boardroom on the apprentice so hopefully we can add a bit of fun to that format:D

spacemt354

Chili's
Based on their contributions to the team for the most part, but we also want to make it more of a dialogue between players and the judges than past seasons. It's supposed to be similar to the boardroom on the apprentice so hopefully we can add a bit of fun to that format:D
CCvT-IcUMAA3fNV.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom