The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4: Homecoming Edition - Discussion Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
That's me as I attempt my ap cal homework

View attachment 255671
d58.jpg

AceAstro

You got it -- it's fun to look through those...so much history to Epcot.
Absolutely. When people ask where/when would you go first with a Time Machine I always say EPCOT in the early 90’s. That way you get Horizons, World of Motion, the original Journey into Imagination and Food Rocks (because I love watching that on YouTube)! You can’t go wrong with then!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
h
They were once I figured out my teachers instructions was adds more to each question. It also explained why my answes were off from the books and that's because she had altered the question itself.
Good on her. Makes you think and understand the tool you have to use.

What bothers me is that you are being taught to use the tool, and not the underlying concepts which make it work.

tcool123

Good on her. Makes you think and understand the tool you have to use.

What bothers me is that you are being taught to use the tool, and not the underlying concepts which make it work.
If by tool you meam the calculator/program dont worry the added instructions was not to use the program to solve it. Insteand use the formulas we were taught in class including graphing. Tedious, but doable.

Essentially our exam is half knowing how it all works and also using the tool. She makes sure we understand both ways typically the majority by mind and and paper. Then she throw one or two questions in calculator so we can stay familiar to how it would work on the device. Her ideology is that if we know it by heart we dont need to use any tools, but to only use if we must in any part allowing the tools.

spacemt354

Chili's
Coming Soon Spring/Summer 2018!!!

2018-01-10.png

Just to rally the 'hype' back around to the competition itself;) For those that haven't played this before -- words can only describe so much about it, but to many wdwmagic long-time members, this competition holds a very special place. For many -- it was their entry into armchair imagineering competitions and inspired them to continue on to this day.

And not only that but it also produces long-lasting bonds that go beyond just the competition itself.

At its best, it is truly a uniting force bringing everyone together, and based on the first few pages you can probably see it has a passionate following lol

If you'd like to look back at the seasons in full they are linked below -- or you could visit the Years in Review Thread which have Seasons 2 and 3 chronicled so far.

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3

It's been 2+ years since the last Sorcerer's Apprentice aired -- and right now it's looking at somewhere in the Spring or Summer for an opening date, so plenty of time till then, but given its following on the forum - the hype thread was started to build anticipation for its opening day.

Everyone and anyone is welcome, as mentioned before this was the first competition for many members here, so new and old members are more than welcome to join in the hype for the "Homecoming Edition" of Sorcerer's Apprentice!:)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Just to rally the 'hype' back around to the competition itself;) For those that haven't played this before -- words can only describe so much about it, but to many wdwmagic long-time members, this competition holds a very special place. For many -- it was their entry into armchair imagineering competitions and inspired them to continue on to this day.

And not only that but it also produces long-lasting bonds that go beyond just the competition itself.

At its best, it is truly a uniting force bringing everyone together, and based on the first few pages you can probably see it has a passionate following lol

If you'd like to look back at the seasons in full they are linked below -- or you could visit the Years in Review Thread which have Seasons 2 and 3 chronicled so far.

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3

It's been 2+ years since the last Sorcerer's Apprentice aired -- and right now it's looking at somewhere in the Spring or Summer for an opening date, so plenty of time till then, but given its following on the forum - the hype thread was started to build anticipation for its opening day.

Everyone and anyone is welcome, as mentioned before this was the first competition for many members here, so new and old members are more than welcome to join in the hype for the "Homecoming Edition" of Sorcerer's Apprentice!:)
So, what kind of Competition is it? (Besides fun lol)

Solo or team based?
Eliminations?
Strategy?
Any neat twists?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom