The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4: Homecoming Edition - Discussion Thread

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
But we're not on another planet, are we?

Oh, BTW, you guys will never guess what I found in my sock last night. Go ahead, guess!

A Pug?

tumblr_nxb9saNpPi1qfpe2bo1_500.gif

DisneyManOne

Honestly, I can’t think of a recent Pixar film that didn’t make me cry. I had a feeling this was going to happen and it still destroyed me.

When I saw Coco, I held it in pretty good. But then *SPOILERS* it got to the climax, where Miguel plays "Remember Me" to Coco, trying to get her to remember Hector again. And when she joined in with him, I was pretty much gone.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I thought Planes was great! When I heard first about it I thought it was unnecessary and thought it was just going to be Cars in the sky but I was pleasantly surprised that I was wrong!
That was my exact reaction as well!

Was it an "amazing experience"? Nope. But, it was an engaging story with characters you can care about, overall really fun. I still like that movie.

tcool123

forget high school, that movie mad me sad in 8th grade (ps I am not in 8th grade anymore).
also it was the last time I was close to crying in a movie in the theater.
I cried in Coco the movie resonated with me as the family dynamic presented in the film parallels that of my family to a T. Of course we don't live together, and we don't celebrate Day of the Dead, but the family itself? The family presented in Coco mirrors that of my family. Which led to tears a the end when...

Miguel sings Remember Me to Coco whose memory is fading away as she is about to go on to the Land of Dead. Me and Miguel share the relationship with our respective grandmas, and to drive it home not only does my grandma act like Coco, but she looks like her too. I jusn't couldn't help myself as I can't Imagine a day without her.

To this day this ong still chokes me up.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I didn't see Coco.

From the limited description tcool and others give it, I think I should?

Pixar is hit or miss. For me...they hit it out of the park with their "down" projects...so, I suppose Coco should have been higher on my list.

Their "cartoon" projects...well...they are ok.

That said...I still stand by the position that Inside Out is the best movie made in decades when it comes to inspecting the pubescent mindset and life in general. (yeah....I love that movie)

spacemt354

Chili's
I didn't see Coco.

Pixar is hit or miss. For me...they hit it out of the park with their "down" projects...so, I suppose Coco should have been higher on my list.

That said...I still stand by the position that Inside Out is the best movie made in decades when it comes to inspecting the pubescent mindset and life in general. (yeah....I love that movie)
Coco is definitely worth seeing -- I went in knowing next to nothing about it and ending up loving it.

Inside Out is my favorite as well -- for me at least, it didn't top it, but came pretty close.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
I didn't see Coco.

Absolutely see Coco! I got to see it with Space opening week!

It's probably next to UP on the Pixar movie scale for me, it's really amazing. - The visuals are enough to go see it, in my opinion.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Then again, since the story of the girl there (running away...and, I don't mean I understand what she did...I DID that....for THOSE REASONS)...not a "run away down the street" sort of thing. A "the cops were involved" sort of thing...where I was gone for days sleeping in, literally...bushes.

And, I didn't leave because my parents were terrible people or I was abused at home or any of the character tropes that people associate with these things. I left because...well...I still don't exactly know in a way I can express verbally.

This movie captures it perfectly. The confusion, the guilt, the sheer distress...

I admit, that film has more emotional impact on me than it should.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom