The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3

Sam Magic

AVALANCHE!
28v6mwo.png

Posting on behalf of DSquared, the original PM

Fixed Video (fixed for sound and audio quality issues not seen in the original video until after posting)

Original Video:

Original Post:

[/QUOTE]
Map:
f0c8dd.png

AVALANCHE PEAK
Welcome to Hong Kong Disneyland's newest land, Avalanche Peak. Avalanche Peak is a land that invites guests to explore the magic of the Swiss Alps through exciting attractions and a truly unique story. Surrounded by snow blanketed castles and mountains guests will be drawn into this new and mysterious land. Here they will discover new stories, and new opportunities to have fun. Avalanche Peak will be a truly unique experience, unmatched by anything ever constructed by Disney.

SEA Schloss
20htw8h.png
Beckoning guests from far a wide with its towering facade and bright colors the SEA Schloss will be the lands true centerpiece. Within its walls will be the story of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers as told through the restaurant and show, The Grand European Express.
Post-restoration_11.jpg
Guests journey will begin upon entering the grand estate, this stately mansion, guests will soon learn is home to an international organization known as the Society of Adventurers and Explorers. After entering guests will be able to explore elaborate rooms that the organization has used for almost two hundred years. In these various room artifacts, games, and videos will help entertain guests and tell them more about the Society. Guests will then be fed into the observatory, here guests will get stunning views of the French Alps before Barnabas T. Bullion invites them to join him on the organizations train, on a magical train ride through the Alps.
th_208032f4fdd2f924cb8817f9b763c021_RVR-DiningPillar2-W1.jpg
The train ride will consist of a three course meal and all of the windows will utilize similar technology as the Hogwarts Train to give you the feeling of traveling through the Alps. The real excitement though will come in the dinner show guests have signed up for.

Throughout the dinner guests will be visited by members of the Society. The members will tell them elaborate, funny, and sometimes sad stories. Some will even sing, dance, and of course play with guests. It will all be done in a way that is typically Disney, but distinctly Chinese.

Also located in the SEA Schloss will be bathrooms and shops. These will be located in the palaces central plaza.

AVALANCHE!
Matterhorn_from_Domh%C3%BCtte_-_2.jpg

The Centerpiece of this new land though will be set inside a lovely recreation of the Matterhorn Mountain, but bring guests on a new thrill packed adventure.

Queue:
Crystal_Cave_Bermuda_1.jpg

The queue is themed to a small cave near the SEA Schloss. As guests walk through, they can spot many mining tools along the cavern walls. Surrounding them are beautiful and massive crystals that are as mysterious as they are peaceful. The cave then leads into the ride loading area, with sled themed ride vehicles that fit 8 people. As guests board, they can notice that the coaster leads out of the cave.

Ride Vehicle:
ANTIQUES3-articleLarge.jpg

Scene 1:

As the coaster leaves the station, out of the cave on an incline up to a small mountain, they stop just before the mountain. On the right is a view of a small part of an ocean. On the left are some frozen bodies, with one of them alive. Guests hear rumbling, the man screams "Avalanche!", and the coaster goes speeding down the small mountain.

Scene 2:

The coaster speeds down the mountain. To their right, some snow and ice (Animatronics) appear as if they will crush the coaster. The ride speeds by just missing it. The ride then banks to the right, towards the ocean with a small boat in the distance (using forced perspective). After some hills, turns, and helixs, the coaster arrives in a second cave. In this one, there are some miners from Base BETA trying to steal from SEA. This ties in with the story of (INSERT SECOND RIDE NAME). You hear another rumble as the snow closes in the cave. The miners talk about how they can no longer go back across the water and scream for help as the track the coaster is on begins to turn around. The track is on a different route now.

Scene 3:

The coaster exits the cave and slowly heads back towards the loading area, but only after going over an even larger mountain then before. The speeding coaster slows down and arrives at the loading dock.

Exit queue:

The exit queue is themed to a maze of caves that lead guests to the gift shop, Hightower Gifts or back to the SEA Schloss.

HIGHTOWER GIFTS
tumblr_mb0s7hJORq1qh2ce1o1_1280.jpg
This unique gift shop was created by the later Harrison Hightower III, it was where he kept all of his exotic findings before he constructed the Hightower Hotel in New York. The store is designed in an elegant and elaborate Art Nouveau style. Panels on the walls depict the story and history of the organization in elegant Art Nouveau style.
the-chocolate-shop_viewable.jpg
Here guests will not only be able to observe his unique and fascinating collection, but they will also be able to purchase their own fun souvenirs. Items like mittens, coats, mugs, jewelry, and even french pastries and candy can all be found here.

IN CONCLUSION
We here at Team Goofy hoped you enjoyed this trip at Hong Kong Disneyland's newest land. It combined all of our teams loves and talents and we are so happy we got to share this exciting story with you all.

Avalanche Peak will be an ambitious land, a land that will bring the Disney theme park experience to new heights and offer guests of Hong Kong Disneyland unique opportunities to meet new characters and new stories. It will be a land of immense awe and beauty, but above all it will be an icon for the stories only Disney can tell. So from Team Goofy to you, thank you.

Created By
@Sam4D23
@DSquared
@JokersWild
Ride Layout Map:
28rjvis.png

Attraction Backstory
034d0b14a0ded11a67b833c06dfed987.jpg

Cornelius Dominique (1907)
In 1875, Cornelius J. Dominique, a wealthy English Industrialist, came to the Alp's to mine for salt. He started his operations in this mountain region, but on a cold winter day, while the miners were doing a routine work day, an avalanche trapped them inside the mountain, making it impossible for them to escape and they faced death. Today, guests have the opportunity to test out S.E.A's new Time Vortex Manipulator and go back to that cold Winter Day and save them.

Storyboard/Scenes
Queue Pre-show
In this scene guests get introduced to the overall story.

Loading Area
Guests are explained the Time Machine and are pushed through the machine.

Scene 1
Guests enter the the mountain side and begin speeding through the lowest most areas of the Cavern. Dominique explains the importance of the crystal's guests will see. The first drop/turn ends this scene.

Scene 2
Guests are now speeding up the mountain, going through thrilling twists and turns, ups and downs, and go down the first of three 'major drops' they will experience. Guests travel under the SEA Schloss. Second drop/turn ends this scene.

Scene 3
Guests are now traveling through the mountain to get to the site of the Avalanche. The Avalanche hit's and the train uses the momentum to reach the bottom of the bottom of the mountain. Main drop/turn ends this scene.

Scene 4
The train blasts it's way through the blocked Miners exit, freeing the miners, and go back to the time vortex to go back to modern times.

Thank you for your consideration!

Team Goofy:
@DSquared
@Sam4D23

Last edited:

Sam Magic

As a note, their were some sound quality issues with the video. If the judges do not mind, I will be fixing these sound issues to make the actual ridethrough more audible. I WILL NOT BE CHANGING THE STORY, CONTENT, OR ORIGINAL TEXT OF THE VIDEO.

UPDATE 11:04 PM
I will be changing the background music of the video from it's current tune. To "And I Will Kiss" by Underworld. May this be recorded in the records. The original video is still and will still be available after the audio quality/sound quality changes have been made and uploaded.

UPDATE 11:11 PM
I have made the audio edits and am in the process of uploading the fixed video to Youtube. Hopefully it will be up within the next ten to twenty minutes.

UPDATE 11:22 PM
I have edited the original post to feature the fixed version of the video. I have kept the original version of the video for continuity reasons, and so the judges can see why the changes had to be made. This now concludes my updates. Again thank you all for watching the video, reading the post, and the judges for considering Team Goofy's submission.

I would also like it to be publicly know that the reason I asked for the three hour extension was because of the events that have truly shocked my world in the past few days. Thursday morning I found out that a friend and mentor of mine had lost his battle with cancer. This drew a lot of emotion from me and on both Friday and during the weekend I was swamped with make-up work. Saturday I was away from my laptop all day because of a wedding and on Monday I had my friends funeral, a hospital visit (I'm fine), and a Mock Trial competition. All of these were things I could not miss, but also things that took away a lot of time to work on the past challenge. Therefore, when I got home from school I asked Jdm for some type of extension so I could have more time to do both my homework and finish the video for my team. These events were out of the ordinary for me and in no way reflect my typical day to day life. I love this competition and I have dedicated so much time to it, I would never desert it, nor would I ever let offline events dramatically affect my participation in this game. I deeply thank Jdm and the other judges for understanding my situation and giving me the extra three hours. I very deeply appreciate it, and I hope this will clear up any viewer or player concerns as to why the extensions were asked for and given.

Last edited:

Vipraa

Critiques

Team Mickey
Nice video here. This is a more basic approach to the storyboard but gets the point across. I wish we had more details of the ride describing the ride through. The art is great but it doesn't tell me what the ride is about or really give me an idea of what it will be like to ride. A bit more description would have helped. Great job on the project and I could tell you were reaching outside your comfort zone to make this project better and a strong submission.

Team Goofy
Another very nice video. Good job on the voice over Sam. This video did a great job on setting up the backstory of the ride. However while it is great at setting up the backstory the video doesnt provide many details about the actual ride. You have a few lines about preparing for the journey and coming back but we are missing a lot of the actual ride through details. Great job overall, The video was well done a very strong submission

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Challenge 11 - Team Mickey Critiques

I was hoping you'd choose this ride for a multitude of reasons. And you executed. While the storyboard may be very simple upon first viewing, I like how you interspersed previously created images (it's a meep world) with new, exciting ones as well as some perfectly fitting characters' actions in each scene. Your video had a nice flow to it, keeping the ride moving along. However, I would recommend putting the scene titles on the slide itself and slowing the transitions down a bit...I'm sure the ride would be longer than that. Overall, very nice and punctual job.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Challenge 11 - Team Goofy Critiques

First off, good choice for an attraction to storyboard. Avalanche is a nice fit for this project. The audio and pacing were VERY good. As was the outline of the ride provided. Though supplementary, it did help out. However, I do wish there was a larger variety in images, and there were a few hiccups in presentation. It is also too bad that most, if not all, of your project was long overdue (I know the reasons, so don't fret). Good job this week, but some errors and delays will cost you.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Does Tiki not get to post his own reviews and critiques? After all this is the simi-final and Tiki is a judge, who is behind time zone wise.
Due to time constraints, as per usual, we will move forward. He had 22 hours since the deadline to post, and he was online at least once since then but didn't post. We are already working on a delay from the extensions, so we are moving on. Again, Sam, thank you and DSquared for competing. It was a good run, but some bad turns this challenge left you far behind. I hope you'll both choose to return to help out the finalists. :)

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Challenge 12: One For the Road...

"Congratulations on our top two contestants! This round of the competition will be the most "free" round yet. No specifics requirements must be met... It's all up to you!

Your job is to create a 5th gate for Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. The location is completely up to you, as long as it is actually in Walt Disney World Resort. The park's theme is also up for you to decide, as well as all of the lands and the specific attractions."

Those, my friends, are the words of @BryceM, from the finale of Master of the Parks nearly three years ago. The challenge was simple. As finalists, @ctxak98 and I were allowed to dream openly and dream big, putting pen to paper in any way we could imagine. This challenge was the best that I ever partook in. And now, it is your challenge, too. Just keep it original to you (no Dark Kingdom) and let your thoughts run wild and free.

image.jpg

The finalists are;

Mickey
@RMichael21
Oswald
@tcool

There is no holder of the immunity idol this week.

This week, as usual, @TheOriginalTiki and @Vipraa all be acting as advisers this week, like Trump's children and associates on the show.

Scoring Card for the Finale;

Creativity - 100 points
Detail - 75 points
Presentation - 75 points
Realism - 50 points
Leadership - 50 points

Please provide at least 5 photos and at most 20 (forum limit) in order to showcase your new park. You are required to have a musical selection to be played while reading your submission. Everyone may communicate amongst your teams in the PM that I will create and that I will watch over. Ask me any questions there. Due date is Sunday, October 11th, at 3 PM EST. Results will be posted that night. Vacation Days may no longer be used. After you post your ideas please do not get into personal conflicts with the other team about concepts, or actions of punishment will take place.

After conducting a "digital coin flip" (both had the same number of Vacation Days remaining), @RMichael21 will be the first to take a pick out of the following former competitors, who have agreed to return and assist you on your quest to victory. Each of you gets 4 teammates from below:

@DisneyPrincess1993
@DSquared
@Flippin'Flounder
@IDInstitute
@JokersWild
@MonorailRed
@Sam4D23
@spacemt354

Good Luck and Give It Your All, Because THIS IS IT! :D

Last edited:

tcool

My next pick is @spacemt354
Challenge 12: One For the Road...

"Congratulations on our top two contestants! This round of the competition will be the most "free" round yet. No specifics requirements must be met... It's all up to you!

Your job is to create a 5th gate for Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. The location is completely up to you, as long as it is actually in Walt Disney World Resort. The park's theme is also up for you to decide, as well as all of the lands and the specific attractions."

Those, my friends, are the words of @BryceM, from the finale of Master of the Parks nearly three years ago. The challenge was simple. As finalists, @ctxak98 and I were allowed to dream openly and dream big, putting pen to paper in any way we could imagine. This challenge was the best that I ever partook in. And now, it is your challenge, too. Just keep it original to you (no Dark Kingdom) and let your thoughts run wild and free.

View attachment 112825

The finalists are;

Mickey
@RMichael21
Goofy
@tcool

There is no holder of the immunity idol this week.

This week, as usual, @TheOriginalTiki and @Vipraa all be acting as advisers this week, like Trump's children and associates on the show.

Scoring Card for the Finale;

Creativity - 100 points
Detail - 75 points
Presentation - 75 points
Realism - 50 points
Leadership - 50 points

Please provide at least 5 photos and at most 20 (forum limit) in order to showcase your new park. You are required to have a musical selection to be played while reading your submission. Everyone may communicate amongst your teams in the PM that I will create and that I will watch over. Ask me any questions there. Due date is Sunday, October 11th, at 3 PM EST. Results will be posted that night. Vacation Days may no longer be used. After you post your ideas please do not get into personal conflicts with the other team about concepts, or actions of punishment will take place.

After conducting a "digital coin flip" (both had the same number of Vacation Days remaining), @RMichael21 will be the first to take a pick out of the following former competitors, who have agreed to return and assist you on your quest to victory. Each of you gets 4 teammates from below:

@DisneyPrincess1993
@DSquared
@Flippin'Flounder
@IDInstitute
@JokersWild
@MonorailRed
@Sam4D23
@spacemt354

Good Luck and Give It Your All, Because THIS IS IT! :D

Also this is something minor but insteand of representing Goofy can I represent Oswald since Oswald was my original team and the fact I was never in team goofy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom