The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonorailRed

Applebees
I've been to DLR once, last summer. It was great, and my next trip to a Disney park will probably be there as well. Nothing planned yet, though.

I loved it. I went when Carsland opened that … Summer? :confused:

Anyways, it was Great! Loved seeing the work on the originals, Pirates, Small World, Peter Pan, ect. Got to eat at Blue Bayou, take it all in.

Wasn't impressed with Winnie the Pooh though… Or the Matterhorn, surprisingly… Kind of letdowns...

Zweiland

I loved it. I went when Carsland opened that … Summer? :confused:

Anyways, it was Great! Loved seeing the work on the originals, Pirates, Small World, Peter Pan, ect. Got to eat at Blue Bayou, take it all in.

Wasn't impressed with Winnie the Pooh though… Or the Matterhorn, surprisingly… Kind of letdowns...
I wasn't impressed with Winnie the Pooh either. Or the Haunted Mansion. I guess I just had higher expectations given that HM is my favorite in the Magic Kingdom.

But Pirates, on the other hand, was amazing.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
I haven't been to DL since DCA was basically known as [construction] Wall Street. Though, being in Walt's park gave me chills. It seems like they've replicated that charm with BVS and Cars Land. Also, to Zweiland's point, that will probably be my next Disney trip as well.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Or the Haunted Mansion.

Haunted Mansion wasn't what I expected either! I really thought it'd be better… Something threw me off… The Graveyard scene? :confused:

But Pirates, on the other hand, was amazing.

Pirates there gave me a whole new take on what themed attractions should be like. Don't just rush it. Put the people in a themed environment, tell a story once you've sucked them in…. Have excellent theming, don't loose track of the story, let it make sense and have a direction… Put them in danger, make em' laugh, make them sing, make them want to take pictures.

Long Story Short - DLR's Pirates rocks - and always will :D

MonorailRed

Applebees
Hopefully Disneyland can get some of my creative juices flowing for the competition. :D

Now remember, - Ride Pirates, Go to Carsland, and Play some games on the Boardwalk at Paradise Pier…. It's a really good atmosphere lesson…

Now, Carsland, go early and run!!! Everyone, everyone, goes there first. And FYI, Radiator Springs Racers has Single Rider.. I'd do that first off personally.

And my favorite ride at DLR - Indiana Jones - also has single rider - It really competes with Pirates on theming awesomeness level, in my opinion…

RMichael21

Now remember, - Ride Pirates, Go to Carsland, and Play some games on the Boardwalk at Paradise Pier…. It's a really good atmosphere lesson…

Now, Carsland, go early and run!!! Everyone, everyone, goes there first. And FYI, Radiator Springs Racers has Single Rider.. I'd do that first off personally.

And my favorite ride at DLR - Indiana Jones - also has single rider - It really competes with Pirates on theming awesomeness level, in my opinion…
Thanks for the tips! :)

RMichael21

Unfortunately, running to Cars Land probably won't happen because my mother severely sprained her ankle a few weeks ago and is in a boot. :(

RMichael21

Also, get a Fastpass for World of Color first thing in the morning (you can still get other FPs throughout the day). I really liked that show, but I didn't get a Fastpass in time so my view was kind of limited.
For our first DCA day, we're doing the dining package. We'll be sure to get a fast pass that second day though. I want to be sure that we're in the Blue Section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom