The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweiland

Can't wait for @englanddg and @Zweiland to join in on the fun! :cool:
h26DE46E6

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Especially the interior! Kinda reminds me a bit like the Lilly Belle Car at Disneyland…

Lilly%20Belle%20008.jpg

Less wood of course….
Watching that video just reminded me of how well the original EuroDisneyland was designed. It got me thinking about that Tony Baxter quote...
It would be that Disneyland is charming, Florida is spectacular, and Paris is beautiful.
Disneyland was built charmingly, though a bit quaint. Magic Kingdom was built spectacularly, though almost too large and overbearing. When designing Paris, WDI took what they learned from those resorts and made the perfect middle ground, a beautiful masterpiece. The castle in Paris is the prime example. Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland was only 77 feet, sometimes overwhelmed by surrounding foliage. Meanwhile, Cinderella Castle was huge at 189 feet, at times overwhelming the surrounding buildings and foliage. In EuroDisneyland, they built Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant at 160 feet, maintaining the charm of the original, but also the majesty of its Florida counterpart.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Watching that video just reminded me of how well the original EuroDisneyland was designed. It got me thinking about that Tony Baxter quote...

Disneyland was built charmingly, though a bit quaint. Magic Kingdom was built spectacularly, though almost too large and overbearing. When designing Paris, WDI took what they learned from those resorts and made the perfect middle ground, a beautiful masterpiece. The castle in Paris is the prime example. Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland was only 77 feet, sometimes overwhelmed by surrounding foliage. Meanwhile, Cinderella Castle was huge at 189 feet, at times overwhelming the surrounding buildings and foliage. In EuroDisneyland, they built Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant at 160 feet, maintaining the charm of the original, but also the majesty of its Florida counterpart.

Interesting… Your right though… DLRP is the Perfect Medium, it was built almost perfect… But it's a shame of some of the small things now lately in poor condition…

disneyland-paris-bad-state-.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom