The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 1

Zweiland

Hey @jdmdisney99,

Before I made an account on this site, I followed along with other Imagineering competitions. They were all great, but I have to say, this is the best one I've come across. Now, I may be a bit biased since this is the first one I've participated in, but seriously, I'd like to thank you for everything you've done to put this together. You've come up with amazing challenges that required us to think outside the box a little bit more. It's been a really great experience. I've gotten to know some of the people on here a lot better. :)

Thanks again,

Zweiland

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Hey @jdmdisney99,

Before I made an account on this site, I followed along with other Imagineering competitions. They were all great, but I have to say, this is the best one I've come across. Now, I may be a bit biased since this is the first one I've participated in, but seriously, I'd like to thank you for everything you've done to put this together. You've come up with amazing challenges that required us to think outside the box a little bit more. It's been a really great experience. I've gotten to know some of the people on here a lot better. :)

Thanks again,

Zweiland
You're welcome and thanks for competing!

jdmdisney99

Original Poster

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hope you guys don't mind. I have to delay the critiques to tomorrow at 4 PM EST, with results probably at 4:30.
I'll be at work, we bought a new office today and I have to get into "roll out mode"...

So, I won't be around until tomorrow night.

First HAPPY HALLOWEEN to everyone!

Second GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Sam Magic

Sam's critique:

TEAM MAGIC: Wow! I loved it! Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite Disney parks next to Disney Sea and you guys really blew this out of the park (pun intended). There's really much I can say other than that I was extremely impressed. This has to be this teams best proposal in the entire competition and I was very impressed!
GRADE: A-

TEAM FANTASY:
ALOHA! Like Team Magic this proposal was really awesome. I loved the theme and extensive detail. The art was very much like eye candy and definitely a top park on this competition. Like Magic I have no complaints only a few nit-picky details.
Because no park is ever perfect or completed:
GRADE: A-

My
first tie this season of this competition! Good luck to both teams and my the odds be ever in your favor!

WED99

Well done to all teams. I want to apologise on my behalf for getting myself banned from technology making it impossible for me to contribute. I am proud of Magic, I just wish I could have helped more.

Congratulations to everyone! I know I had fun, so I consider that a win!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Well done to all teams. I want to apologise on my behalf for getting myself banned from technology making it impossible for me to contribute. I am proud of Magic, I just wish I could have helped more.

Congratulations to everyone! I know I had fun, so I consider that a win!
We all had fun, I think!

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Critiques

Fantasy/MonorailRed: Awesome job this week! I believe you went to the full length to deliver a good product! You stayed well under the image limit, yet you still conveyed a perfect image of Mount Pele in my head. I liked the presentation, with a user-friendly map and videos for the slides/rides. I also noticed you slowed down the video as advised previously. Speaking of which, I was so happy with your Rainbow Falls ride. It was a unique thing, like Disney used to do; a nice boat ride with no basis IP. However, I had wished it was a little bit more detailed on the other raft ride...it sounded good from the short description but I would have been intrigued had it been fleshed out. Furthermore, I am disappointed you didn't get to put it in a website. You're Future World one was great and you had the same tool to do so. Overall, though, fantastic job this week and this whole competition! :D

Magic/Matt7187: Good job! I cannot even tell you how ecstatic I was to see you get something in last night. With it all on the line, you stepped it up as a finalist and a PM to post what you could scrounge up. A disappointment with this, though, is that you had an extra 9 days to flesh out your concepts, but I will admit you did have to deal with a teammate leaving near the end due to personal reasons. What you did put out there was superb though. The whole theme of the park, a waterhole where all animals can come together, ties extremely well with Animal Kingdom and is perfect for a water park. Your ride concept was exciting, yet calm, and was something I would ride. However, I wish you had gone into, more detail, because when compared to MonorailRed's it just didn't wow me. Additionally, your map, unlike Fantasy's, wasn't very user friendly...but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Overall, you did a magical job this week and over the whole competition! :D

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
I have decided that, due to the looming holiday, which I would like all of you to enjoy, the winner will be announced tonight at 10 PM EST. For those of you celebrating, happy Halloween, and for those of you ransacking your neighbors' candy barrels, happy hunting!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The Donald says GO GET THAT CANDY!

xin_0801020112406323138711.jpg

Matt7187

I have decided that, due to the looming holiday, which I would like all of you to enjoy, the winner will be announced tonight at 10 PM EST. For those of you celebrating, happy Halloween, and for those of you ransacking your neighbors' candy barrels, happy hunting!
Don't worry, have a carton of eggs left over from last night! Haha :D

MonorailRed

Applebees

Haha there's a bad storm where I'm at right now... Trick or Treat got cancelled!

Oh well, I'll be watching Hocus Pocus or the Great Pumpkin.... :D

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Haha there's a bad storm where I'm at right now... Trick or Treat got cancelled!

Oh well, I'll be watching Hocus Pocus or the Great Pumpkin.... :D
I just stopped by the gas station and picked up a bunch of candy bars and chips and stuff...

I almost never see trick or treaters...but if one does show up, they are getting the good stuff from me!

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Okay we have reached the pinnacle, the finish line, the light at the end of the tunnel. It is time to announce the winner of The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 1. Thanks to everyone who had some role or another in this contest. IT has been a wild ride. And now...
The winner of the Sorcerer's Apprentice is... @MonorailRed !
@Matt7187 , congratulations on making it this far and it was a close race, but in the end it didn't happen the way you might have liked. Way to stick it out, both of you!
Thanks to everyone once again! See you next summer for Season 2!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom