The Smells of the World

copcarguyp71

The smell in the air as you enter SSE is one of my most evocative scents at WDW. I do not know why but this particular ride has a smell that just totally invokes all things disney in my mind. It might be because it is always our first ride every trip but even sitting here now as I think of the ambiance music walking towards SSE the smell can almost be perceived by my senses.

DManRightHere

The wife said I smelled like the land yesterday..I don't know what I had done to smell like that, but here are some recaps.

Maybe a mixture of cut vegetables (I made a salad), teriyaki mix (made tuna), BO (I wore the shirt 3 days, don't judge me and I had been interacting with 100's of people from work/school), and cat (I had been carrying the cat around too).

Maelstrom Troll

Epcot has some of the most memorable smells in the world. For us it's the mix of Geir/Leila with sweets in Norway, the German food and caramels, the mustiness of Maelstrom, Guerlain perfumes next to the pastries, and so many more. We also love the Christmas time scents in the parade, and the ginger bread smells of the beach club.

Forgot to add, the green houses in living with the land!

Anders Limpar

All the water rides have a distinct mildew smell. There is also a unique air-conditioning smell to certain indoor rides. The GF lobby definitely has a potpourri type smell to it.

I love the BBQ smell at different places as well. Sometimes at home I'll BBQ from a nearby restaurants and compare it to those at WDW. I have those WDW BBQ smells in my memory that's how distinct they are.

Marc Gil

I have a bottle of Geir..And when I spray it I'm back at WS...
P12989695.jpg

But, wouldn't it be nice to at least have a bottle of other things and call it Dis-Smells (Haha Punny!) and have familiar smells that you can spray like..
tumblr_mi0rlwqG261r15pa2o1_500.jpg
OMG Geir smells heavenly! I have to buy a bottle next time I visit Norway!

As for my favorite smell... That's a hard question... Here's a summarized list of my favorites and not so favorites:

Smell of the Seven Seas Lagoon "sea air", Geir (of course), Jungle Cruise water, Poly water fall smell, Soarin Pine Tree smell, Soarin orange smell, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn Chili, Freshed Popcorn, Haunted Mansion smell, it's a small world water smell, Norway water smell, every water smell, Fall of Rome Spaceship Earth BBQ smell, 50s Primetime Cafe Smell, Great Movie Ride Alien smell, Monorail cabin odor, and of course... The Main Street USA smell!

I want that and Geir as a car freshner!

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

This might be pretty gross, but I wore my toms nonstop in disney and I refuse to throw them away because the smell like the parks!! I love the orange grove smell on Soarin'... That with the wind on your face... It doesn't get any better.

BoarderPhreak

A lot of good ones have been mentioned already; the water/fog smell in PotC, JC and Poly, orange in Soarin' and Horizons, the piped-in Bakery smell on Main Street USA, the burning smell of Rome in SSE (PotC used to have this smell in the burning village)...

The smell of the Swan lobby during the holidays! It's hard to pin down, but very strong. Cinnamon of sorts.

Loved the Guerlain in Paris/EC; bought several varieties (Por Homme and Vetiver).

disney4life2008

The greatest smell is the entry way to the magic kingdom and smelling freshly popped popcorn. OMG

Other smells are: any water ride (they all have a distinct smell).

disney4life2008

This might be pretty gross, but I wore my toms nonstop in disney and I refuse to throw them away because the smell like the parks!! I love the orange grove smell on Soarin'... That with the wind on your face... It doesn't get any better.

yea that sounds gross. but im not better - i have a sweatshirt from january that smells like my room at sports and i refuse to watch it

whoiscliffwang

I worked on a customer's vehicle last week that had a small water leak from the moonroof. The car had a light mildew/musty smell. I closed my eyes for a second and could have sworn I was riding the monorail.

Allym146

Went to see Beauty and the Beast at our local theatre this week and they were doing candied almonds. The smell was drifting outside and before we even walked in I was transported to MK:).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom