The Smells of the World

Figaro928

Original Poster
I saw on another thread posters saying how much they love the smell of the (old :() Poly resort waterfalls.

Got me thinking about all the wonderful smells of WDW. A scent can be such a priceless memory and can bring you back to a moment so quickly. As a kid, whenever I would smell a campfire, I would always say "smells like EPCOT" (SSE's Rome burning scene)

Now as an adult, Disney popcorn smells like no other. And I'd love to bottle up the smell of the Caramel store in Germany.

What are your favorite scents of WDW?

and let's get all of the Stitch jokes out of the way quickly :hilarious:

Cmdr_Crimson

I have a bottle of Geir..And when I spray it I'm back at WS...
P12989695.jpg

But, wouldn't it be nice to at least have a bottle of other things and call it Dis-Smells (Haha Punny!) and have familiar smells that you can spray like..
tumblr_mi0rlwqG261r15pa2o1_500.jpg

Leo!

For me, the smell of a lot of attractions. I'm not sure if it's grease, oil, etc but it's very particular. Sometimes when I take an elevator far away from Orlando and the smell is similar, I'm directly transported to MK.

bebert

I have a bottle of Geir..And when I spray it I'm back at WS...
P12989695.jpg

But, wouldn't it be nice to at least have a bottle of other things and call it Dis-Smells (Haha Punny!) and have familiar smells that you can spray like..
tumblr_mi0rlwqG261r15pa2o1_500.jpg

I agree but, you have to throw in Laila of Norway. I buy my wife a continous supply either at WDW or Norstrom here at home.

bebert

1. Gier and Laila from Norway are the tops.
2. Smell of fog machines and water from POTC.
3. Smell of Haunted Mansion. We have a Scooby ride here in Cincy at Kings Island that smells just like HM. Whenever I ride it with the kids I just close my eyes and pretend on am on a better ride!
4. For some strange reason I like the smell of the chlorine in the water at Splash Mt.

lostpro9het

Funny his thread get started today as I noticed a smell, more like a nasty funk, as you walk into mouse gear, from the showcase side entrance. Lets just say it smells bad once you get through the door and I first noticed it a few I Christmases ago and thought someone had, well, you get idea. Needless to say it smelled the same way there two days ago and again today.

Laila and Dior Sport are two big Epcot smells for us.

Tinkerbella16

All the water rides like POTC, Maelstrom, Splash Mountain, Living with the Land are some of my favorite smells and just lets me know that I'm home! Also Soarin of course! The apple pie from Philharmagic! The Main Street Bakery.. mmmmm! Smells so delish!!

I also love that very first walk into the resort we are staying at.. When those doors open and AC hits you right in the face, I love that smell!

Nubs70

The restroom next to guest services at MK smelled like a lower GI tract last time I was there. I mean really bad. A well used outhouse in the middle of a Florida cow pasture on a cloudless mid August afternoon smells better than that. Still freaks me out. Would it kill them to install over sized exhaust fans?

FettFan

The best smell ever was the old moldy smell in Haunted Mansion.

Then we discovered that it was because the roof was leaking and the thing was shut down for a lengthy rehab.

So...here's to Limited Time Mold Poisoning Magic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom