The Smells of Disney

jbdorman

Original Poster
Anyone have and thoughts on the various Disney smells? I'm sure this has been covered may times before I just cant get enough of the smells of Disney. It also seems that I smell them a lot more at home the months before we go on our next trip.

Cmdr_Crimson

!!e!RWegB2M~%24(KGrHqEOKpgE0VI%2B1O!EBNLWuB4pz!~~_35.JPG

It reminds me of the Puffin's Roost in Norway at Epcot!

jbdorman

Original Poster
My top three smells in Disney:

1. The water smell in Pirates
2. The smell of the Polynesian's lobby
3. Rome burning

A close runner up was the smell of Tonga Toast!
Water smell of Pirates is right on! I love that smell. My aunt and uncle had a musty basement that took me there every time! I'm not sure if you have seen the other posts about smells but several people are saying that the Yankee candle "Fireside" smells exactly like the rome burning scene. My wife has the Yankee candle "Emberlight" and it is smells awfully close to me too!

pixiesteno

French toast made with a little cinnamon & vanilla in the mix made in a pan with brown butter reminds me of the Main Street Bakery.
Ah the lobby of the Poly, I could be blind-folded and still know exactly where I am!

tink729

Water smell of Pirates is right on! I love that smell. My aunt and uncle had a musty basement that took me there every time! I'm not sure if you have seen the other posts about smells but several people are saying that the Yankee candle "Fireside" smells exactly like the rome burning scene. My wife has the Yankee candle "Emberlight" and it is smells awfully close to me too!

Hmm I'll have to check those candles out! Thanks!

jbdorman

Original Poster
What about the Splash Mountain water? I know its not the most pleasant smell but it does take me right to the place. I think its a mixture of (and this sounds really gross and weird I know!) mold, chlorinated water, sulphur in the water too, and maybe some of the grease from the ride mechanisms? I may have just grossed everyone out but I cant put my finger on it? I was on the college program down there and I remember the aquifer that supplied our water was really high in sulphur. I know crazy.

tink729

What about the Splash Mountain water? I know its not the most pleasant smell but it does take me right to the place. I think its a mixture of (and this sounds really gross and weird I know!) mold, chlorinated water, sulphur in the water too, and maybe some of the grease from the ride mechanisms? I may have just grossed everyone out but I cant put my finger on it? I was on the college program down there and I remember the aquifer that supplied our water was really high in sulphur. I know crazy.

I can definitely picture Splash's Unique smell. I think you may have nailed it on all the components. I would love the smell from the Haunted Mansion as well.

Kramerica

I don't have a particular smell that is above any others from Disney. For me it's a combination of them all. I have a pretty sensitive schaz. And the one thing I always love is the smell of their air conditioning. At work we have truck containers that we have to load from time to time that we affectionately call "reefers". Containers that are refrigerated. Smell just like the acs in Florida. Needless to say, I take my time when loading them.

jbdorman

Original Poster
I don't have a particular smell that is above any others from Disney. For me it's a combination of them all. I have a pretty sensitive schaz. And the one thing I always love is the smell of their air conditioning. At work we have truck containers that we have to load from time to time that we affectionately call "reefers". Containers that are refrigerated. Smell just like the acs in Florida. Needless to say, I take my time when loading them.
I get this one completely! It seems to me that Tower of Terror when you first enter the building and The Land have particularly strong AC's! I have a strong sense of smell too or maybe I'm just more sentimental with my nose!

Jane Whalebones

Yep! My favorite is the"water smell" at POTC!:D Also, the aroma of popcorn at the entrance of The Magic Kingdom! On our visit in June I found another smell...Chocolate Fudge coffee brewing at The Scary Apothocary at DHS...YES, I bought some to bring home and I'm still enjoying it and will be sad when its gone.:(

mouse_luv

I can definitely picture Splash's Unique smell. I think you may have nailed it on all the components. I would love the smell from the Haunted Mansion as well.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of the HM! I wish I could find something even close. Here I thought I was crazy and the only one that liked the smell there lol.

As far as Splash's water. I thought I heard they added something like bromide to it to help treat the water and it causes that smell so many love.

jbdorman

Original Poster
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of the HM! I wish I could find something even close. Here I thought I was crazy and the only one that liked the smell there lol.

As far as Splash's water. I thought I heard they added something like bromide to it to help treat the water and it causes that smell so many love.
Haunted Mansion just has that faint smell of pirates mixed with the abandoned house smell to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom