the simpsons

Sil

Original Poster
hello, just wondering if anybody has any news on what the new simpsons ride actually is? is it going to be a simulator like back to the future or something else? also anybody heard any dates for opening? cheers.

Sil

Original Poster
About The Attraction
Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie Simpson – stars of TV’s longest running series – will ride along with guests in a new mega-attraction opening at Universal Orlando Resort in Spring 2008.

Guests will be rocketed along with the Simpson family on a hysterical, almost unimaginable adventure. They’ll experience a side of Springfield previously unexplored as they enjoy the new ride’s interpretation of thrill rides, dark rides and “live” shows that make up a new fantasy amusement park dreamed up by the show’s cantankerous Krusty the Clown.

-- thats all it says it doesnt actually tell you what it is?

Hammer1310

Well since they don't seem to be doing much more than reusing the same structure one would assume the technology will be the same. We can assume they will put in new ride cars (obviously), new theming and such but there hasn't really been enough significant structural changes to indicate any new sort of ride system will be put in place.
Everything I've seen here and on the Universal statements points to a simulator, sort of a cross between BTTF and Jimmy Neutron.

Well, more BTTF with a new movie, but they might suprise us.

BarryH

I heard a rumor of a March 15th date. Honestly, from walking by the building this weekend, I wouldn't count on it.

JLW11Hi

About The Attraction
Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie Simpson – stars of TV’s longest running series – will ride along with guests in a new mega-attraction opening at Universal Orlando Resort in Spring 2008.

Guests will be rocketed along with the Simpson family on a hysterical, almost unimaginable adventure. They’ll experience a side of Springfield previously unexplored as they enjoy the new ride’s interpretation of thrill rides, dark rides and “live” shows that make up a new fantasy amusement park dreamed up by the show’s cantankerous Krusty the Clown.

-- thats all it says it doesnt actually tell you what it is?

I hope its not just going to be a spoof of Disney rides. Don't they already pull those gags over at Shrek 4D?

I'd rather take a virtual tour of Springfield, myself!

Goosebrent

It is going to be a ride system much like, but not the same as BTTF, with new projection system, new ride cars, new ride movements all enclosed with in the same building as BTTF.

kcnole

Nothing has officially been announced but rumors are placing its opening sometime between late March to early-mid April.

coasterphil

Universal really hasn't offered much in the way of information about this attraction. I'm actually glad that has been the case because it'll be nice to be surprised during my first ride instead of knowing exactly what to expect.

nbodyhome

We did a Universal VIP tour Saturday (we'd hoped to get a look inside, but it's still a hard-hat zone). We were told that it is due to open in March.

Denise

disneydopey

I've heard its March too. Seen some pictures of the Kwik-E-Mart and there looks to be some great stuff to buy. Homer, Bart and Duff beer T-shirts. Can't wait to get there to have a good look.

dandaman

I used to hate the Simpsons episodes from about two to three years ago, but IMO it seems like they've turned it around substantially. :shrug:

Hammer1310

I've heard its March too. Seen some pictures of the Kwik-E-Mart and there looks to be some great stuff to buy. Homer, Bart and Duff beer T-shirts. Can't wait to get there to have a good look.

I hope they get more "Ride" merchandise. There was only one child's ride shirt, no adults. The rest of the merchandise was all generic Simpsons stuff.

Surely they will, I was just hoping for some last month on our trip.

Tom Morrow

I used to be a HUGE Simpsons fan, but the episodes have been bad to mediocre at best for years now. Its a shame that they didn't get a ride, and a movie, in their prime. This ride seems about 10 years too late.

Also, I'm sure there will be a few uninspired knocks at WDW in this, too... sigh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom