The Simpsons in Disney Parks

Cmdr_Crimson

I could see them being a meet and greet at Not so Scary Halloween Party and the Oogie Boogie Bash at DCA.
Just as long as Homer dresses up as Evil Homer..
giphy.gif

Cmdr_Crimson

Totally agree, there needs to be a distinction to me between old and new ‘Disney’. Yes they have acquired the rights to Fox but I don’t see how a lot of that property fits ‘Disney’. I love The Simpsons but it definitely is not Disney, same can be said of Ice Age etc even though this is more family friendly it is not original Disney/Pixar and I feel the brand will be too watered down if they start to use the rights to things that weren’t originally Disney that are close to Disney?! If that makes sense?? Star Wars and Marvel for example stand alone, so therefore can be adapted to fit.

If you start including random things like Ice Age it becomes a Universal mix up style park/parks.
Even when they showed this at the start of Playdate with Destiny..Something didn't feel right about it...It felt too pushed..
EV0SdoCXQAUuxyd.jpg

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Y'all know that irreverent humor is the Simpsons' bread and butter, right?

The Simpsons' ride at Universal is all about making fun of theme parks as it exists as a theme park attraction.
I agree but it just doesn't mesh with Disney. The Simpsons have a more natural feel with Universal than with Disney.

chretts

I hope not. Too dysfunctional to make anything I'd personally enjoy. Also there's nothing about the Simpsons that fits with Disney branding. That's a loser IMHO.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
A character meet in California for Halloween would be a good fit, would generate a lot of buzz and interest for a short term offering, but you can already meet the Simpsons at Universal so I doubt it would happen.
Is it possible Universal could negotiate with Disney to get the rights to The Simpsons. If Disney cant use them in their parks why not sell them to Universal?

Jon81uk

Is it possible Universal could negotiate with Disney to get the rights to The Simpsons. If Disney cant use them in their parks why not sell them to Universal?

Disney own the Simpsons because they are a good way to sell Disney+. Not sure about US, but advertising for Disney+ in the UK relied heavily on the fact they have all episodes ever of the Simpsons and they are the only place you can stream the back catalogue.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Disney own the Simpsons because they are a good way to sell Disney+. Not sure about US, but advertising for Disney+ in the UK relied heavily on the fact they have all episodes ever of the Simpsons and they are the only place you can stream the back catalogue.
That makes sense. But is it possible Universal could try to buy them from Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom