The Simpsons in Disney Parks

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The point is that such exhortations are simply wrong - wrong in fact and wrong in standing. People, like you, said the same thing about Star Wars, and yet we have Galaxy's Edge with hour-long waits for a second-tier attraction. Star Wars has helped revitalize a theme park that had dropped to "fourth favorite out of four" for most every Disney guest. And the reality is that you don't have standing to say what does and does not "have place" in Disney - that's their exclusive purview. Not even Disney family members have standing to make such determinations. All you, and they, can do is express what you personally like or don't like - not what has a place there or not. That's determined by Disney, itself, and indirectly as a reflection of what guests overall want.

So not only are your comments wrong on two counts, you're committing fully to personally insulting the millions of other people who actually like what you find offensive. I wonder if you realize that that says far more about you than it does about them. It actually says nothing about them, in truth. All that comes out of your comment is a clear picture of how you conduct yourself.

And I see nothing wrong with you not liking these things. But they are Disney even if you don't like it. If you cannot abide that, you'll be happier finding another avocation on which to spend your attention.
MMMM, word salad. Delicious.

Is there any topic you can't haphazardly pontificate on?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Doesnt matter what you believe should or should not be included in any park if you want to be realistic about it. There are existing contractual obligations that have to be fulfilled. but beyond that the decision is up to the company... can they make something fit thematically in an existing space or a new one ? Give Disney some credit (although Agrabah in Adventureland really hasn't ever fit), they are not going to have a foul-mouthed character next to Mickey or Minnie.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
And that’s the context to this: I liked the land more than I thought I would.

Me too. But not by much. I thought it was immersive and overall it is a good addition. I did though have this inexplicable feeling while wandering through the shopping area that I was at an EPCOT pavilion. For some reason just got that vibe.

I think overall, my biggest issue is - I just didn't have the connection I expected to have. Let's see if (or how) it evolves.

bubbles1812

Great...

What will you think of it in 5 years when the dust has settled?

Full disclosure: I didn’t hate it. I found it to be well constructed and themed....

However underbuilt and based on an unpopular IP that will be a problem in no time.

Park lands are the long game

I’ll still enjoy it, same way I enjoy some of what you’d probably consider other “tired” IP in the various parks. I’ll always hope they add things to GE but I hope that about virtually every area in the parks, even the “Parklands.” I’m never gonna complain about more rides.

I think sometimes older Star Wars fans underestimate the popularity of the new cast with young fans. Yes I grew up with Luke and Leia. I don’t love Rey and Kylo Ren the same way but I saw enough little ones at Halloween who were dressed like them to know they aren’t unloved. And those little ones will carry Star Wars forward in the future.

Sure Disney is gonna have to continue to develop the franchise but to say new franchise is “unpopular” is an exaggeration in my eyes. I suspect Rise of Skywalker is gonna help (or I hope. TLJ was not my favorite at all but didn’t kill SW overall for me). Most people I’ve talked to seem to give GE a fairly favorable reaction once they actually visit.

And if worst comes to worst, all Disney has to do is add a ride called The Adventures of Baby Yoda and the ManDADalorian. I’d visit for that alone... and the Baby Yoda Merchandise. 😆

bUU

You just live for the irony, don’t you?
No irony. You post what you think. I post what I think about what you wrote. You attack me personally. Lather, rinse, repeat. Your behavior and that of the rest of the browbeating negativity cabal is the problem.

The truth is that things are going to work they way they work even if you continuously rail against the reality of it. Regardless, the point is that Disney will include The Simpsons if they legally can and if they determine that it works well for them, and if so they'll almost surely be correct in doing so. It boils back down to what we've discussed often: How insignificant are the personal opinions of individual, over-the-top fannish guests who act all proprietary toward Disney as if their personal opinions are more important than that of the millions of less over-the-top fannish guests who enjoy what Disney offers.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
No irony. You post what you think. I post what I think about what you wrote. You attack me personally. Lather, rinse, repeat. Your behavior and that of the rest of the browbeating negativity cabal is the problem.
When will you unfurl the old Mission Accomplished banner do you think? 20 years is a long time to be fighting a multiple front war against H8rz.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Again, thy name is irony....

Raineman

The only Simpsons presence at WDW that I would even remotely like is an Itchy & Scratchy Land-a place where nothing could possibliy go wrong....

Djsfantasi

Great...

What will you think of it in 5 years when the dust has settled?

Full disclosure: I didn’t hate it. I found it to be well constructed and themed....

However underbuilt and based on an unpopular IP that will be a problem in no time.

Park lands are the long game

An IP similar to Pandora?

Attractions built upon a specific IP at Disney have a life beyond that of the original IP. Importantly, what Disney chooses to build upon reasonably can be perceived to be temporal. What Disney does is identify the components of the properties which caused them to resonate with their audiences in the first place. These feelings of the guests are built upon and hence, the Disney interpretation lasts beyond the original!

bUU

20 years is a long time to be fighting a multiple front war against H8rz.
Haters gonna hate. There's no reason to think that Haters will vanish because even when individual Haters grow up and become mature and pragmatic in their view there are always new ones developing on the wings.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Haters gonna hate. There's no reason to think that Haters will vanish because even when individual Haters grow up and become mature and pragmatic in their view there are always new ones developing on the wings.
Or, people are going to disagree with you and you’ll label them as haters. Convenient....

bUU

So what you're saying is that you love Disney management.

Tell us another one while I laugh at how ridiculous your defense is.

You're a hater. Own it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom