The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train completed its first drop test today

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Wow! That's a rather insightful post. I only found 2 things wrong with it:

1. The stage show at DHS is not better
2. The $280 million price tag

That's all though; just those 2 things. Wait a minute, didn't you only state 2 things? Hmmm.

Yeah, I've read several of your posts the past few weeks, one more outlandish than the one before. You are trying just a bit too hard to fit the internet forum definition of 'troll'. It's becoming embarrassing; don't make it so obvious dude (or dudette). A little more subtlety might fool a few people. Try it.

Have you seen the steaming pile of c--p that is the FLE Mermaid attraction, The queue is the best part of the ride, The ride itself is a omnimover which takes one past plastic fish on sticks and is so brightly lit that you can count the holes in the acoustic tile. Supposedly Ursula is a AA but she was in B mode when I rode this supposed attraction I suppose a strobe light is the next step.

FLE Mermaid is a very expensive collection of scenes, the one in DHS actually tells the story hence in my opinion it is a BETTER attraction. As for the cost I used a figure which has been bandied about several times by people closer to TDO than I.

Captain Chaos

Wow! That's a rather insightful post. I only found 2 things wrong with it:

1. The stage show at DHS is not better
2. The $280 million price tag

That's all though; just those 2 things. Wait a minute, didn't you only state 2 things? Hmmm.

Yeah, I've read several of your posts the past few weeks, one more outlandish than the one before. You are trying just a bit too hard to fit the internet forum definition of 'troll'. It's becoming embarrassing; don't make it so obvious dude (or dudette). A little more subtlety might fool a few people. Try it.
Can't talk about the $280 million figure... If they spent that on Mermaid, they wasted $280 million cause the Mermaid ride is terrible... it doesn't even tell the story of the Little Mermaid... it was a waste of money no matter how much they spent... And yes, the DHS show is better than the ride... At least the DHS show actually tells the story...

doctornick

Goofy should probably have his own dark ride too, but I'll take what I can get.

I've said before that they really missde the mark with Pete's Silly Sideshow. Instead of yet another M&G, they could have taken that theme with the same characters and made it into a dark ride where you had AAs of the characters in their circus "roles" -- Donald doing snake charming and what not. would have been a great addition to the circus area and would have been one of the things to make the FLE actually impressive.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I've said before that they really missde the mark with Pete's Silly Sideshow. Instead of yet another M&G, they could have taken that theme with the same characters and made it into a dark ride where you had AAs of the characters in their circus "roles" -- Donald doing snake charming and what not. would have been a great addition to the circus area and would have been one of the things to make the FLE actually impressive.
I'm not sure that area would have been big enough for a full dark ride, but I like the idea. Really they should have at least made the silly side show an actual side show and for that matter silly. Why not have a little act/show element to it or even an interactive AA similar to Turtle talk. Pete is the man and deserves better.

doctornick

I'm not sure that area would have been big enough for a full dark ride, but I like the idea. Really they should have at least made the silly side show an actual side show and for that matter silly. Why not have a little act/show element to it or even an interactive AA similar to Turtle talk. Pete is the man and deserves better.

If the existing tent was used as the queue/loading area, they could have put a show building behind it (kind of in between the sideshow tent and the yellow tent used for fastpasses). There's a backstage building there, I'm not sure what for or whether it could have been placed in a different location, but they certainly could have used the space more creatively to allow for a showbuilding in the area.

The reality is that TDO simply does not use the room they have very efficiently. Look at DL's Fantasyland and the number of rides it contains compared to MK. MK could absolutely have the space utilized better.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If the existing tent was used as the queue/loading area, they could have put a show building behind it (kind of in between the sideshow tent and the yellow tent used for fastpasses). There's a backstage building there, I'm not sure what for or whether it could have been placed in a different location, but they certainly could have used the space more creatively to allow for a showbuilding in the area.

The reality is that TDO simply does not use the room they have very efficiently. Look at DL's Fantasyland and the number of rides it contains compared to MK. MK could absolutely have the space utilized better.

Yeah, if you look at the aerial view you can see that the two tents take up almost the same amount of space at the Little Mermaid show building.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

They definitely don't use space efficiently. WDW has the luxury of having tons of space and at times DL can feel a bit cramped but there is a difference between spreading things out for comfort and show quality and just wasting space.

As far as goofy goes I think he could have starred in something with some comic appeal. Whether a ride or a show it would have been a good fit to have a silly, funny attraction in a circus area. In this case it didn't need to be state of the art or expensive. Tacky fits the circus land theme already. The meet and greets are fine and do at least have a different spin to them but I would've liked to have seen more to it.

Mr Bill

I've been told that a train went through a drop this evening. Not sure what drop but it had to have been toward the Storybook Circus end of the mine train. Couldn't confirm if either lift was running or not though. Definitely wouldn't expect soft openings in 2013 but do expect some PR photos of execs at the construction site.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've been told that a train went through a drop this evening. Not sure what drop but it had to have been toward the Storybook Circus end of the mine train. Couldn't confirm if either lift was running or not though. Definitely wouldn't expect soft openings in 2013 but do expect some PR photos of execs at the construction site.

The trains have been running through the whole circuit for a few weeks now.

TRONorail10

They've been doing a lot more nighttime construction to catch up on the mine train work. If anyone's been to the park recently, they've probably been blinded by the construction flood lights shining everywhere around the site.

MOXOMUMD

They've been doing a lot more nighttime construction to catch up on the mine train work. If anyone's been to the park recently, they've probably been blinded by the construction flood lights shining everywhere around the site.
"I wear my sunglasses at night so I can, so I can, see the builders working on the Mine...""

Sped2424

tumblr_mwe31eaNpY1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

One picture I managed to get, you can see in the little corner on the left that the paint is starting to show up up on that area. Also the rock rock is now detailed! On the other side of the mountain it is mostly painted now.No interactive que! Didn't get to take a lot of pictures this time round due to my phone glitching out, but what i did see I shall report here. First thing first peter pan went down today, also the fastpass return times for it were ridiculous, got to the park around 3 and the return times were already for 9-10 ocolock. Whether that is due to fast pass plus or if it was always like that escapes my memory. Pinocchio village haus patio still under refurb but the inside is open. The mine train, I took one photo before it got dark, but already from the exterior you can see work has been progressing. The rocks have now been detailed and sculpted, and towards the right side of the mountain there is signs of a paint job happening. As well as 2 steel structures which I assume are the entrance, not much work on the actual cottage has been done. The back area near the DVC building looks complete and ready to open any day now, the rocks have all been detailed. Now where do I begin about Jungle cruises problem..The new brown water while I thought it was a nice touch and realistic, is dying the newly skinned color of all most of the animatronics touching the water.
2472165323_64615ebc03.jpg
This is what this guy used to look like, his new skin color looks like he just came back from a trip to jersey shore as he is about as bronze as the water. Any animatronic that is submerged has been dyed the strange bronze color. Such a shame considering how they JUST Redid most of the skins and now they are all clearly off color. I see more and more magic bands everywhere around the parks now. Monorails were down for the most part today as well. As for peter pan I assume it was a refurb on just the system and not much of the ride, for I asked a few friends who recently went on it and they claim it hasn't changed much, just some re painting. Sorry for the lack of pictures I really am :<. Wait times were reasonable today nothing over 20-40.

Disneydreamer23

tumblr_mwe31eaNpY1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

One picture I managed to get, you can see in the little corner on the left that the paint is starting to show up up on that area. Also the rock rock is now detailed! On the other side of the mountain it is mostly painted now.No interactive que! Didn't get to take a lot of pictures this time round due to my phone glitching out, but what i did see I shall report here. First thing first peter pan went down today, also the fastpass return times for it were ridiculous, got to the park around 3 and the return times were already for 9-10 ocolock. Whether that is due to fast pass plus or if it was always like that escapes my memory. Pinocchio village haus patio still under refurb but the inside is open. The mine train, I took one photo before it got dark, but already from the exterior you can see work has been progressing. The rocks have now been detailed and sculpted, and towards the right side of the mountain there is signs of a paint job happening. As well as 2 steel structures which I assume are the entrance, not much work on the actual cottage has been done. The back area near the DVC building looks complete and ready to open any day now, the rocks have all been detailed. Now where do I begin about Jungle cruises problem..The new brown water while I thought it was a nice touch and realistic, is dying the newly skinned color of all most of the animatronics touching the water.
2472165323_64615ebc03.jpg
This is what this guy used to look like, his new skin color looks like he just came back from a trip to jersey shore as he is about as bronze as the water. Any animatronic that is submerged has been dyed the strange bronze color. Such a shame considering how they JUST Redid most of the skins and now they are all clearly off color. I see more and more magic bands everywhere around the parks now. Monorails were down for the most part today as well. As for peter pan I assume it was a refurb on just the system and not much of the ride, for I asked a few friends who recently went on it and they claim it hasn't changed much, just some re painting. Sorry for the lack of pictures I really am :<. Wait times were reasonable today nothing over 20-40.

do you have a pre water change elephant and a post to see the difference?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom