The Sacred Timeline

Irie

What was the old summertime cadence when they were running multiple shows? Was it MSEP-Wishes-MSEP, or Wishes-MSEP-Wishes?
I distinctly remember 2 parades and 1 showing of fireworks. The early parade went one way and the later parade went the other. That's not to say it was always like that. Edit: Just confirmed with my wife. Parade-Fireworks-Parade. 1st parade began @ Town Square and the 2nd ended there. This was in the glorious Spectromagic era.

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

Strongly disagree. The parade route causes huge egress problems at night that borders on unsafe. There are too many people in one place at one time.
By that logic there should be no parades at all. Let’s forget the fireworks because that is the most unsafe situation I have ever seen. Thousands of people herded together like sheep.. no safety issue with that. Have you seen the walk out after fantasmic is finished? It there was a safety issue everyone would be in trouble.
Night time parades were no less a safety issue than any major production in Disney. We can’t pick and choose and say this is not as bad as the other. They all are and we know it.

Skibum1970

Have 2 parades. One after the fireworks (which would mean later closing, I know) and ensure it steps off in Town Square.

This works as an automatic regulator of exiting crowds. Bur I know what you mean about current issues.

Couldn't they just open the additional backstage exit routes to allow the parade to occur and people to still have an alternate route to exit? I'm not the expert on all that but was just a thought.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
If you all wouldn't mind. This isn't the nighttime parade thread. This is...

mattpeto

With the current ops, from mid August to mid December, experiencing nighttime entertainment at Magic Kingdom is simply not ideal. The bloat to see the fireworks on non-party nights: Saturdays, Mondays and Wednesdays (plus EEH guests), make plenty of guests feel uncomfortable. It’s complete bedlam there.

Adding a parade would make things even worse without changing ops considerably. And running it 2x per night sounds nice, like @marni1971 suggested, but I struggle to see how it will help with the Aug-Dec bloat. And then just offering only 3x per week makes it even worse. The party paywall to see the nighttime parade might be for the best.

They tried the after hours offerings and people obviously prefer the traditional parties, but it comes with a cost.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
@mattpeto
Please take this conversation to the appropriate thread...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

January
  • Jan 3 - Cosmic Rewind's holiday overlay reverted back to regular playlist {added}
April
  • April 4-8: Cast Member previews for TRON {added}
  • April 21: TRON opens to the public {exact date revealed, moved from "Sometime Spring"}

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
April {all newly updated}
  • Apr 3: EPCOT Forever (minus kites plus something else?) replaces Harmonious. Harmonious's last show is Apr 2.
    • EF is temporary until a new 100th Anniversary Show replaces it in late 2023
  • Apr 3: The return of Happily Ever After. HEA will have some updates including Main Street projections.
  • Apr 4: TRON opens to the public

jrhwdw

April {all newly updated}
  • Apr 3: EPCOT Forever (minus kites plus something else?) replaces Harmonious. Harmonious's last show is Apr 2.
    • EF is temporary until a new 100th Anniversary Show replaces it in late 2023
  • Apr 3: The return of Happily Ever After. HEA will have some updates including Main Street projections.
  • Apr 4: TRON opens to the public
I'm confused. Is something being added to EF? Or is EF facing more cuts??

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
April
  • Apr 3: EPCOT Forever (minus kites plus more pyro) replaces Harmonious. Harmonious's last show is Apr 2. {update to include 'more' pyro}

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Any news on Enchanted Tales With Belle or Ariel in her Grotto?
1673636005585.png

Nothing.

mattpeto

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom