President of Animal Kingdom
The following is a timeline of stuff for which we have a specific date, or our legit insiders have indicated. All the other stuff for which have no time frame at all, such as projects indefinitely on hold (e.g. Stitch's replacement, Mary Poppin attraction) are, by definition, indefinite and there is no definite time frame for them, so, they didn't make the list.
- Cast rehearsals for Fantasmic! begins and Disney announces such rehearsal.
- September 8: Disney+ Day -- List of announcements that will be made:
So much unbelievable, fantastic stuff it will make your head spin and you'll be super pumped for all the announcements made over the next few days at D23 (see below)
- September 9-11: D23 -- List of announcements that will be made:
A lot less than people had hoped for.
- October 10 -- Hulu subscription rates go up
- November 3 -- Fantasmic! is back as announced by Disney Park Blog. No word yet on VQ, ILL, or G+ availability, or, all standby.
- Oct 26 -- Dining Packages can start to be booked
- Nov 30 -- Dining Package seating begins
- Nov 6 -- What literally everyone was clamoring for: Green Army Men return to TSL
- Nov 8 -- Festival of Fantasy MK parade returns with two shows most days at least into first week of December
- Nov 25 -- Cosmic Rewind gets its inaugural Christmas overlay.
- December 8 -- Disney+ subscription rate goes up, Ad-supported tier is added.
- “Hey, Disney!" rollout begins in select resorts
- December 16 -- EPCOT: Ducktales World Showcase Adventure
- December 23 -- WD Railroad is back up and running.
- WDW's Splash will close on Jan 23 for the retheme. The date for DL's shut down will be announced later
- January 1st - Disney's 100 year anniversary begins.
- Wondrous Journeys (Castle show at DL) and World of Color - One (fountain show at DCA) premier Jan 27
- Jan 3 - Cosmic Rewind's holiday overlay reverted back to regular playlist
- Jan 15 - Daisy, Donald, Goofy at Pete's Silly Side Show
- Feb 8 -- 1st Quarter of 2023 (Oct - Dec 2022) Webcast Call
- March 20 - PhotoPass (from rides) added to Genie+ at no extra charge
- March 20 - Apr 2 -- Soft opening of TRON
- March 23 -- New Toy Story table service restaurant
- March 31 -- The 50th Anniversary of WDW ends as posted on the WDW website. It's actually already dead, it just doesn't have the decency to lie down.
- Apr 1: Narcoosee's reopens
- Apr 3: EPCOT Forever (minus kites plus more pyro) replaces Harmonious. Harmonious's last show is Apr 2.
- EF is temporary until a new 100th Anniversary Show replaces it in late 2023
- Apr 3: The return of Happily Ever After. HEA will have some updates including Main Street projections.
- Apr 3: Annual Meeting of Stockholders
- Apr 4: TRON opens to the public
- Apr 22: DAK's 25th Anniversary. Moana M&G debuts at DAK.
- Sep 1 - 22 -- CM preview of Journey of Water
- Sep 10 -- Figment M&G at Epcot
- Sep 12-20 -- Tiers of guests can book Disney's newest and 6th Cruise Line, the Treasure
- Sep 12 -- New EPCOT parking lot for ride-share pick-up/drop-off
- Sep 15 - Mirabel M&G at MK (replacing Merida)
- Sep 20 - Parking Lot Trams return to EPCOT and DHS
- Sep 22 - Soarin' (over California) replaces Soarin' Around the World for a limited time (time unknown) as part of the 100th celebration.
- Sep 24-29 & Oct 1-4 -- DVC and AP preview of Journey of Water
- Sep 30 -- Disney and Comcast begin appraisals of Hulu for Disney's buy-out of Comcast's third
- Oct 14 - Maiden voyage of DCL, The Treasure (DVC exclusive maiden cruise)
- Oct 16 - Journey of Water in Epcot opens to the general public
- Oct 16 - Moana M&G takes places across from entrance to JoW
- November 22, 2023: on the theme of 'wishing' a new DAS film: Wish in honor of the 100th Anniversary
- accompanied by a short celebrating Disney animation
- Asha from Wish will be a M&G in Epcot
- Sometime in November -- Disney releases another crappy spirit jersey
- Nov 30 -- Hatbox Ghost debuts in MK's Haunted Mansion
- Dec 5 - New lagoon fireworks show replacing Epcot Forever called Luminous
- Dec 5 - All of EPCOT hub will be open (festival gardens, dreamer's point) except for CommuniCore Hall/Plaza
- Unknown - CommuniCore Hall/Plaza. Was supposed to be late 2023, may miss that mark.
- August 9 -11 -- D23 Fan Event, Anaheim
- Spring 2024 -- Ahsoka D+ series gets represented in Star Tours
- Summer 2024 -- Lighthouse Point (private island) opens for cruises
- Sometime in 2024 -- The announced time frame for the opening of Tiana's Bayou Adventure [was "Late 2024" is now just "2024"]
- Late 2024 -- Completion of new DVC Polynesian towers
- sometime in 2024: the opening of Summer House in DS, and The Cake Bake Shop on the BoardWalk.
- Sometime in 2025 (or 2026) -- The Disney Adventure cruise line (its 7th) sails for SouthEastern Asia out of Singapore
- Sometime in 2025 - ESPN channel [as opposed to the current ESPN+] will be available as a streaming channel.
- Summer -- Epic Universe opens
- Fall - Walt Disney World completely closes down because of Epic Universe
- A Zootopia show will replace It's Tough to Be a Bug in the Tree of Life theater
- Dinoland will be replaced by Tropical Americas and will include:
- DINOSAUR rethemed to Indiana Jones
- Encanto mini-land / attraction
- Test Track theme refresh inspired by World of Motion and sponsored by Chevrolet
- Country Bear Jamboree gets refreshed with the bears slightly altered and their songs are Disney IP sung in various Nashville styles
- A new pirate's lounge will likely take over the former Pirates League makeover experience space. It will feature the barker parrot.
- Beyond Big Mountain -- a development of the land in MK beyond BTMR that rivals the scope of Batuu or Pandora. All blue sky for now. Previous announced plans became unannounced.