The Saber Forge: Savi’s Hand Built Lightsabers

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Greetings Weary Travelers, Aspiring children of the force, and Blade Builders ...Do you seek the gatherers?

Are you worthy enough to pass the gathering?

“Build a lightsaber you shall, but harvest a crystal each one of you must”

“Which will you choose, a simple grip? A curved approach? One enlaced with the bone of the Cartusion whale?...The lightsaber is a Jedi’s true ally”

Savi’s Workshop is an experience all on its own. We as visitors to Batuu will finally be able to experience something we all have wondered. What would it be like to make your own fully functioning lightsaber? This thread is your one stop shop for all things saber building...welcome to the forge. Share your designs, experiences, and all things related to an elegant weapon from a more civilized age here.

But first...

What lightsaber type calls to you?

• Peace and Justice- Utilize salvaged scraps of fallen Jedi temples and crashed starships in Republic-era lightsaber designs that honor the galaxy’s former guardians.
  • Power and Control- Originally forged by warriors from the dark side, objects used in this lightsaber style are rumored remnants from the Sith homeworld and abandoned temples.
  • Elemental Nature- Craft your lightsaber from special components born from the Force—an energy created by all living things, like Brylark trees, Cartusion whale bones and even Rancor teeth.
  • Protection and Defense-Incorporate hilt materials bearing mysterious motifs and inscriptions that reconnect users with the ancient wellspring of the Force.

More details can be found here:

Your lightsaber is an extension of your personality, do you have what it takes to build a saber unique to yourself?

As always, May the force be with you and I’m interested to see what the community has to offer in terms of unique designs.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I'm holding out for the customized gun kits. Pew pew!

I hate to say this but...Disney has a no weapon rule so and given today’s climate I’m not sure if Disney would ever sell blasters. I could be wrong and trust me I want to be but I feel like some idiot online would make a comment it would blow up and be bad press for them.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Yup...no more guns. Disney can make movies with everybody shooting guns....but you can't play with toy guns any longer.

This is more of a discussion for the merch thread and not the saber forge but I don’t agree with this whole no blaster thing that’s what I’ve been hearing though. I hope the sell blasters for the record.

raymusiccity

This is more of a discussion for the merch thread and not the saber forge but I don’t agree with this whole no blaster thing that’s what I’ve been hearing though. I hope the sell blasters for the record.

It's a 'mad, mad, mad world'. Slicing someone in two, or lopping off a few limbs with a lightsaber is okay, just don't point that blaster at me and go ' Pew-Pew ' :oops:

Chet Dakota

There is nothing that would take me out of the experience more than putting a plastic LED rod on a lightsaber hilt when I am constructing my own light saber.

Yeah, interested to see how they present this. They will have to incorporate some story about training blades or something worse, like no explanation.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Yeah, interested to see how they present this. They will have to incorporate some story about training blades or something worse, like no explanation.

At Celebration, they made it look like these were already built in and the crystal was coded in such a way to make the blade change color based on the color of the the kyber. Legacy sabers are similar except the hilt tells the blade what color to be. This all leads me to think that the LED’s are already built in.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
More and more friends ride the Falcon and report back on their experiences in the land. Below are just a few new things I learned.

**Once again these are not my reportings and just the opinions of fellow cast who have gotten a chance to preview**

FALCON GROUPING: Like stated before, everyone is handed a card. But now I learned the cockpit positions are upside down and cannot be seen by the CM. CMs quickly/anonymously hand out 6 at a time and you flip over your card to reveal what position you got. YOU CAN TRADE.. its just all up to your family.. you dispute and fight amongst each other. The cast is not held responsible.

GUNNER POSITION: 3 friends have all now said that the gunner position wasn't their favorite.
-One said that the buttons are placed at such a weird angle that it was difficult to watch the show and simultaneously push the correct flashing buttons
-Another said that the position was just boring and wasn't nearly as fun as the pilot position
-The last CM actually said she preferred the engineer position more than gunner bc there were more things to do. (This CM is tall and also stated that she didn't have a hard time seeing from the back)

SAVI'S WORKSHOP: So while one of my CM friends was exploring, another approached his group and asked if they wanted to build a lightsaber. They said yes and got pulled into Savi's to test the experience. The workshop was rehearsing show material and needed "guests" to participate in order to test and adjust. He said he did the entire experience and was blown away. He even got emotional throughout the experience. He said the experience really tugs at your heart and makes Star Wars fans feel like they're a part of something special. They hand built their custom lightsabers with eager grins to only have them taken after the experience. Nothing is free at Disney, folks. At the end, he said he would go back and pay $$$$ bc it was really that great.

CONCLUSION: I've received a lot of mixed reviews about falcon.. But through them all, I've concluded that your ride experience really just depends on how your group contributes... If you have great pilots and gunners, the engineer position could be boring with nothing to fix.. You could have an amazing time as an engineer if you're tall, can see the screen, and have crappy pilots that make you fix a lot of things.

I'll be back with more info if I receive any. We are getting close y'all!

User @bshah365 claims that Savi’s has been testing for very select people to test the experience. Very exciting!

I am Timmy

As soon as anyone has visual confirmation - I must see it!! Anyone going to DL opening? Planning on building a light saber? Pleeeeeaaaase video your experience, if you can. I am beyond excited to see these, and I'm sure my boys will each be building at least one in DW (really need a price guide, as well, lol).

Surferboy567

Original Poster
As soon as anyone has visual confirmation - I must see it!! Anyone going to DL opening? Planning on building a light saber? Pleeeeeaaaase video your experience, if you can. I am beyond excited to see these, and I'm sure my boys will each be building at least one in DW (really need a price guide, as well, lol).

I assure you if anything happens this thread will have the info.

TJJohn12

Every. Single. YouTuber. Is. Going.

We’re gonna have plenty of footage and coverage of DL’s opening. So much uninformed wandering, footage with the steady cam shadow in the shot, hand-painted hats, Ken Burns effect filters on static photos of food... it’s all coming. Have no fear. ;-)

Surferboy567

Original Poster
That's what I'm afraid of.

Why would this be an issue...I literally think you are building the blade. Downpayment before the experience you whisper the secret phrase go into the experience and build. Since they are salvagers why would they have any kind of training blades.

Disstevefan1

"the Builder’s Table, a large oval-shaped table assembled from ancient pieces salvaged from across the galaxy that can accommodate up to 14 builders at a time to choose their crystal and craft their lightsaber "

Boo. 14 at a time.... That does not sound fun :(

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Limited number of people is probably to make things more manageable, the space isn't massive from the views so no point having masses of people in there trying to make their Lightsabers all at the same time.

Calmdownnow

Greetings Weary Travelers, Aspiring children of the force, and Blade Builders ...Do you seek the gatherers?
Are you worthy enough to pass the gathering?
"Those ready to learn this knowledge will find a symbol displayed on the front of the workshop indicating that they are in the correct location and they must give the secret phrase to the Gatherers to enter inside"

Symbol presumably equals "the following credit cards accepted here"; secret phrase equals "please charge to my account"; are you worthy equals "my credit balance is sufficient to cover the charge".

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom