The RETURN of STAR WARS WEEKENDS!

WaltsApprentice

Original Poster
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/specialEvents?id=StarWarsWeekendsSpecialEventPage

The Dates are up!! For one of the greatest events at Disney Hollywood Studios!!:sohappy:

Dates:
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from June 6 - June 29, 2008 (( I might be able to make it...before I go to camp on June 8th...I hope:cry:))

Choose your destiny and journey to a "galaxy far, far away." Come face to face with your favorite Star Wars heroes and villains, test your knowledge of trivia, or take flight in Star Tours — the ultimate Star Wars adventure during Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios™.

((hmmm it says nothing about the Celebs. in the discription?? EDITED:: But it also doesn't say anything about the patawan training...and you would think they would plug that just like Star Tours...its probably just a generic statement discription))

Dates:
June 6, 2008 - June 8, 2008
June 13, 2008 - June 15, 2008
June 20, 2008 - June 22, 2008
June 27, 2008 - June 29, 2008

---I'm also assuming the Star Tours update will happen after this..or after summer...hmm :shrug: We can only hope!
-- I'm also interested to see the layout this year on where they are going to put things...Are they going to try and put the darkside...in Pixar Place?? Could that area be to cartoony..??

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL!:wave:

darthjohnny

They are probably going to concentrate on the other side of the park where the former Hunchback theater is so they can do their events there.

WaltsApprentice

Original Poster
They are probably going to concentrate on the other side of the park where the former Hunchback theater is so they can do their events there.

Good Point... they have tons of room to do the character greetings down streets of america...

It will be nice because I always felt that the park was always weighted to one side...I mean true 3 or 4 of the most popular attactions are on Sunset blvd...But now with TSM, idol, and hopefully indy and Star tours updates...it will even the park out nicely :)

Chernabog

Stories floating around indicate that celebs this year will be Warwick Davis hosting the entire celebration with weekend guests of David Prowse, Peter Mayhew, Jeremy Bulloch, Daniel Logan, Matthew Wood, and Temuera Morrison. Of course none of this is official confirmed and i don't know which dates for which guests. Just a heads up though.

WaltsApprentice

Original Poster
Stories floating around indicate that celebs this year will be Warwick Davis hosting the entire celebration with weekend guests of David Prowse, Peter Mayhew, Jeremy Bulloch, Daniel Logan, Matthew Wood, and Temuera Morrison. Of course none of this is official confirmed and i don't know which dates for which guests. Just a heads up though.

Thanks for the heads up... I heard Darth Maul (forget the actors name) was a big favorite last year...but wont be able to come this year because he is supposely filming in the movie...GI Joe....hmmm I don't know if that true.

Ya Warwick Davis is always a there ...he's great he wasn't able to host it last year because of filming with Narnia! i got his autograph.

We were late getting Peter Mayhew's so Maybe he will be there the first weekend so I can try and get it again.

joanna71985

I really want to meet Warwick Davis.

Also, there are 3 new characters debuting this time: Leia Minnie, Vader Goofy, and Stormtrooper Donald.

WaltsApprentice

Original Poster
I really want to meet Warwick Davis.

Also, there are 3 new characters debuting this time: Leia Minnie, Vader Goofy, and Stormtrooper Donald.

Really... your not kidding...because My girlfriend loves Donald and if she knew it would be more of an excuse to go up!! :) Where did you hear this??

Disneyfan1981

Huh. I wonder what the exclusives will be this year....I wonder if they'll be Clone Wars inspired to tie into the promotion of the new cartoon.

WaltsApprentice

Original Poster
Huh. I wonder what the exclusives will be this year....I wonder if they'll be Clone Wars inspired to tie into the promotion of the new cartoon.

Isn't there also suppose to be a new live action show too...like on Spike TV..one that focuses on random characters that we only saw maybe for a second...Like the background guy with the wrench or the one who is randomly pressing buttons behind darth vader...lol:lol: just kidding about the last part...but they are suppose to make a live action show or mini series.

They haven't yet done anything that reflected the clone wars cartoon... Or at least I haven't noticed..

Brian_WDW74

According to Lou Mongello's "Rumor Mill" segment from his March 2nd show, the new big figs this year are reported to be:
  • Goofy as Jar Jar Binks
  • Minnie as Amidala
  • Mickey as Anakin
  • and Donald as Darth Maul (with glowing double light saber)

darthjohnny

Isn't there also suppose to be a new live action show too...like on Spike TV..one that focuses on random characters that we only saw maybe for a second...Like the background guy with the wrench or the one who is randomly pressing buttons behind darth vader...lol:lol: just kidding about the last part...but they are suppose to make a live action show or mini series.

They haven't yet done anything that reflected the clone wars cartoon... Or at least I haven't noticed..

I don't think the live action show has even been cast yet, so you probably won't see that being promoted for at least another year.

But there were rumors about the Clone War TV show being showcased at the park.

I'm sure they'll also hype the new Star Wars film coming out this summer.

According to Lou Mongello's "Rumor Mill" segment from his March 2nd show, the new big figs this year are reported to be:
  • Goofy as Jar Jar Binks
  • Minnie as Amidala
  • Mickey as Anakin

Those sound cool. :) I can't wait to see them.

Disneyfan1981

The Live Action series isn't supposed to hit until 2009 or 2010 so I doubt they'll be involved in anything this year but with the premiere of the CW cartoon in theaters I'm shocked that it not more centered around that.

• Goofy as Jar Jar Binks
  • Minnie as Amidala
  • Mickey as Anakin

The Big Figs always are great but anything in reference to shirts, beanies, etc??

hollywood<3

*starts planning trip* I am not obsessed. :lookaroun

Any new character news besides Leia Minnie, Darth Goofy, and Stormtrooper Donald? No Obi-Wan? :cry:

Chernabog

I can confirm that Leia Minnie, Vader Goofy, and Stormtrooper Donald will be doing meet in greets in the park along with a new character from the clone wars series named Ahsoka Tano who becomes Anakins' padawan in the new series.

Also, some more solid dates for celeb appearances

Warwick Davis for all 4 weekends.

June 6-8
TBD
TBD

June 13-15
Peter Mayhew (“Chewbacca”)
David Prowse (“Darth Vader”)

June 20-22
TBD
Matthew Wood (“General Grievous and Supervising Sound Editor for prequels”)

June 27-29
TBD
Jeremy Bulloch (“Boba Fett”)

Are we getting excited yet?

WaltsApprentice

Original Poster
I don't think the live action show has even been cast yet, so you probably won't see that being promoted for at least another year.

But there were rumors about the Clone War TV show being showcased at the park.

I'm sure they'll also hype the new Star Wars film coming out this summer.

Um...Movie...New Star Wars Film....???Watch ya talking about..:lookaroun.or are you joking??? because I have yet to see anything on this....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom