The RETURN of STAR WARS WEEKENDS!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Um...Movie...New Star Wars Film....???Watch ya talking about..:lookaroun.or are you joking??? because I have yet to see anything on this....
There is a new live action Star Wars TV show scheduled to start shooting in the near future and there is another series of Clone Wars cartoons the first 3 of which will appear together in theaters on August 15 2008. The following episodes will be on TV.

darthjohnny

Yeah, no joke. The new film will be animated and will be released to premote the animated TV show.

WOW very cool!...And very close to my birthday!! Aren't they bringing them all out again in 3D??

Yes, I remember hearing that back when Episode III was released. I thought it was originally supposed to be done in time for the 30th Anniversary.

I think they still plan on it but I guess it's been put on hold for now (maybe so they can concentrate on the two new TV shows).

WaltsApprentice

Original Poster
Very crowded. If at all possible get there at least 1/2 hour before park opening.

Yes, you should get there early if you plan on signing up to get an autograph of a celeb. because fast passes go fast..(pun not intead lol) The crowds are to bad around mid-day...But I'm usually there the third weekend.. But I don't notice the crowds...unless its NEW YEARS, X-mas,, 4th July, Thanksgiving because nothing compares to that...and so when i start to feel like its too crowded I just remember those magical times of the year!:rolleyes: Yet, Again I can go in whenever so...there is no stress for me when theirs crowds.. (I do know how it feels though...I had this feeling when I went to DLR...since we were there for only a week I wanted to try and do everything..but it was hard with the size of the park and the size of the crowds.)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes, you should get there early if you plan on signing up to get an autograph of a celeb. because fast passes go fast..(pun not intead lol) The crowds are to bad around mid-day...But I'm usually there the third weekend.. But I don't notice the crowds...unless its NEW YEARS, X-mas,, 4th July, Thanksgiving because nothing compares to that...and so when i start to feel like its too crowded I just remember those magical times of the year!:rolleyes: Yet, Again I can go in whenever so...there is no stress for me when theirs crowds.. (I do know how it feels though...I had this feeling when I went to DLR...since we were there for only a week I wanted to try and do everything..but it was hard with the size of the park and the size of the crowds.)
Getting the celebrity autographs can be a different matter entirely. Depending on how popular the celebrity is 1/2 hour early is not going to cut it. For example last year the wife and I made a special trip to see Ray Park. We got to the park just before 7:00 AM (2 hours before opening) and the line for Ray Park was already past the bag checks. In talking to a few of the people at the front of line I found out that had got there around 2 or 3 AM. Even arriving just before 7 AM I was only able to get a stand by pass for Ray Park. If autographs are your thing arrive as early as you possibly can.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Isn't there also suppose to be a new live action show too...like on Spike TV..one that focuses on random characters that we only saw maybe for a second...Like the background guy with the wrench or the one who is randomly pressing buttons behind darth vader...lol:lol: just kidding about the last part...but they are suppose to make a live action show or mini series.

They haven't yet done anything that reflected the clone wars cartoon... Or at least I haven't noticed..

A Live action TV show is being planned but it won't start until 2009 or 2010. I guess they want to take there time with it.

sublimesting

Thanks for the heads up... I heard Darth Maul (forget the actors name) was a big favorite last year...but wont be able to come this year because he is supposely filming in the movie...GI Joe....hmmm I don't know if that true.

Ya Warwick Davis is always a there ...he's great he wasn't able to host it last year because of filming with Narnia! i got his autograph.

We were late getting Peter Mayhew's so Maybe he will be there the first weekend so I can try and get it again.

Ray Park is going to be Snake Eyes in the new live action G.I. Joe movie!

Azerin

Kinda a side question... any 501st here that have gone in costume? How does that work? (feel free to PM/e-mail me) Will be down there for Star Wars weekends for the first time :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Kinda a side question... any 501st here that have gone in costume? How does that work? (feel free to PM/e-mail me) Will be down there for Star Wars weekends for the first time :D
I am not a member of the 501st but I can give you the skinny on wearing costumes to SWW. You can pretty much wear whatever you want but you are not allowed to wear any type of mask. (no stormtrooper helmet) You also would not be allowed to do anything that could make a guest mistake you for a cast member (ie signing autographs or taking pictures with guests). You will also not be allowed to carry any realistic looking weapons. (light sabers OK, bright orange toy blasters OK, British Sterling not OK)

AEfx

One day I would love to see the Storm Troopers all over down there. Dang I should just go for one day at least.

If you just wanna see the characters, just go EARLY, and go around the crowd, then get out of dodge.

I don't know if they will have it set up similarly as last year, I'm sure it will depend on how things are set up over at Toy Story, but everyone just sort of headed off towards Star Tours while I went the back way (the path between GMR and VotLM), where I had the Emperor, Vader, etc. pretty much all to myself for a half hour. The merchandise was walk-through, no one in line. I got to see pretty much all the atmosphere stuff, got my loot, and was gone in about an hour.

The heat and the crowds were just too much for me after that - I can't imagine waiting in line for hours to get a ticket to get a chance to meet...Ray Parks? LOL. I mean, it's cool and all, but after the first hour or so everything gets so crowded and awful I just couldn't see having any fun. I'll definitely go back again, but just for opening - get to see the Star Wars stuff but not deal with the headaches.

AEfx

so if you arent interested in getting autographs or pictures with characters, what else is there going on for star wars weekend? im a pretty big star wars fan, but im an even bigger wdw fan. im going to be down for a week in june and we are basically planning on avoiding the studios during the weekend. i try to avoid large crowds and lines if i can (i know, i know, its disney what else should i expect?), but if there is something else thats pretty cool, i might attempt to check it out. i mean is the special merchandise still available during the week?

julwh

PM sent Azerin!

I am 501st and have marched the last couple of years. If you are 501st, you need to be approved by the Florida Garrison prior to coming to march. Generally we have enough people to march every Sat and Sun plus the first and last Fridays.

Azerin

PM sent Azerin!

I am 501st and have marched the last couple of years. If you are 501st, you need to be approved by the Florida Garrison prior to coming to march. Generally we have enough people to march every Sat and Sun plus the first and last Fridays.

Thank you! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom