The Resort TV channel is going away

pektas

This bothers me way more than it should, when we go to disney our tv literally sits on wdwtoday the whole time we are in the room as background music.

What they should do is make an interactive menu to make it easier/quicker to find the info you need (as opposed to waiting for it to scroll by) but keep the disney music in the background. That would be a perfect upgrade to it.

correcaminos

This bothers me way more than it should, when we go to disney our tv literally sits on wdwtoday the whole time we are in the room as background music.

What they should do is make an interactive menu to make it easier/quicker to find the info you need (as opposed to waiting for it to scroll by) but keep the disney music in the background. That would be a perfect upgrade to it.
A better upgrade is allowing one to pick the music. We liked the resort themed music more and actually turned our TV on to listen.

VJ

i can't find a source that says that's an authentic walt quote (it's also attributed to george bernard shaw, for what it's worth), but he did say this:
1657726223984.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
For those with an interest in the WDW Today channel :)

No idea how long it will last, but it's enjoyable for now. I've had it a while (first Apple version was in 2017), figured I'd share it with others who didn't know about it.

Disney Glimpses

Original Poster
For those with an interest in the WDW Today channel :)

No idea how long it will last, but it's enjoyable for now. I've had it a while (first Apple version was in 2017), figured I'd share it with others who didn't know about it.
If I'm being perfectly honest, I personally just liked the music and the graphics. Didn't really use it for information (it contains no info that I don't already know off the top of my head). So this or even a repeat on YouTube will get the job done.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If I'm being perfectly honest, I personally just liked the music and the graphics. Didn't really use it for information (it contains no info that I don't already know off the top of my head). So this or even a repeat on YouTube will get the job done.
I just let it run in the background (not watching the video), although it will kill your battery if you leave this running on your phone for too long without plugging it in. :)

To be honest, the mid-2000's resort TV music is more my thing. I have all the individual tracks plus there are recordings on YouTube if I need a fix and am not at home. Not that the current music is bad by any means.

SplashJacket

Had this a few weeks ago at Yacht. Hardly see this as a downgrade. I’d argue the new system is better, but that Disney fit the “Disney is killing everything” model of thought, so I goes I’ll shut up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As we know…you can’t put a price on magic.

What that means is twofold:
1. There is no value to what they do or don’t want to have in the rooms. They are the sole arbiter
2. There is not cost/benefit relationship to what you pay for a rack room or over time in your bloated timeshare price. You’ll take what you’re given and come back for more.

Just basic economics.

Disney Glimpses

Original Poster
As we know…you can’t put a price on magic.

What that means is twofold:
1. There is no value to what they do or don’t want to have in the rooms. They are the sole arbiter
2. There is not cost/benefit relationship to what you pay for a rack room or over time in your bloated timeshare price. You’ll take what you’re given and come back for more.

Just basic economics.
Sad but true

Patcheslee

Is there any correlation between Hey Disney and the new interactive TV being implemented in rooms at the same time? It seems between the two, a majority of information or features are covered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom