The Red Button Option

imsosarah

And of course ALL employees would know about everything discussed....

Those that think they know internally, usually don't.

There has never been any plan called the “secure circuit” and there was never a plan just to keep MK and the monorail resorts open. You continue to push vague conjecture based on news reports of the day and for those of us who actually do work in the company and know what’s going on - it’s insanely frustrating.

While there may be small nuggets of truth in things you say, it is 99% bad guessing by someone who has no idea how the company actually works.

Please stop humoring this person y’all. I beg you.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Are you sure WDW only used BGs for half of one day? I thought they needed it for their entire “grand opening” period of about two weeks.

If that’s the case, the land’s opening was a bust on both coasts. :(

It was a bust... from a certain point of view. ;)

Disney did a lot of things wrong in opening up SWGE which made sure that not only didn't people show up for the opening of the land in DL, but it suppressed attendance for all of DL by scaring away customers.

Over at WDW where people plan their vacations a year in advance, they advertised SWGE would open in "Late Fall," and then, surprise, open months earlier.

And in both parks, open without the headliner and without many of the interactive/entertainment features that were hyped. Which means they should have softened expectations by calling it a 'soft opening' or a 'preview.'

Once the headliner opened, both lands were swarmed.

jt04

Glad someone else said it first, JT is engaging in revisionism. Similarly to how he continues to behave when replying to marni1971, jt consistently pulled the same "will wait for an actual trustworthy source" crap in response to Lee as well. This continued until Lee finally stopped posting here.

It would help if you had cited specific instances. I have not questioned Martin's insider info in several years that I recall just his spin on it.

Though clearly magic feather and him see the plans for the front half of epcot very differently. IMO.

Last edited:

jt04

The old "are you saying" fallacy...

Then Train catches correctly how the wording was changed.

Then likewise notes that the JT beloved BG system revealed little interest in the land at opening.

Followed by Penguin noting what it was always about.

This is the forum where rumors are discussed. Perhaps you missed that.

jt04

I agree there’s no proof of that, but the idea IS close to the original intent of NextGen. “Schedule your whole day like excursions, dining, and entertainment on the DCL.” That was the sales pitch.

(We’ve discussed FP+ and ops procedures and reality and all that stuff ad nauseam. There’s no reason for me to bring them up in an unrelated thread.)

And no good idea ever dies. The app and A.I. will allow these ideas to flourish should they choose. IMO.

lazyboy97o

It would help if you had cited specific instances. I have not questioned Martin's insider info in several years that I recall just his spin on it.

Though clearly magic feather and him see the plans for the front half of epcot very differently. IMO.
How about this very thread?

No proof is probably why. I'm sure as a responsible CEO every contingency is studied but that doesn't mean every contingency is an option they desire to take place.

Goofiest rumor yet on these boards and that is saying something.

If it were to happen at this point expect major streamlining and all the current critics to long for 'the way it used to be'.
Maybe early on. Before the vetting. 😉

Once he proved reliable I was a Lee stan. 😊
Not entirely, they looked at selling off the parks. Had some potential buyers look it over.
No takers.

jt04

How about this very thread?

I questioned leehisownself at the time as I was not buying into the rumor. But did accept shortly after that such conversations happened. I have since formed the opinion that it was not something that went beyond the theoretical stage and it likely will never be known what was motivating the CEO. One theory I recently posted was that he might have been trying to 'motivate' people.

Clearly selling the parks is an extreme option to take. I have also expressed the opinion there are more likely options they would exercise first. IMO.

Happy to clarify for those wondering like you.

lazyboy97o

I questioned leehisownself at the time as I was not buying into the rumor. But did accept shortly after that such conversations happened. I have since formed the opinion that it was not something that went beyond the theoretical stage and it likely will never be known what was motivating the CEO. One theory I recently posted was that he might have been trying to 'motivate' people.

Clearly selling the parks is an extreme option to take. I have also expressed the opinion there are more likely options they would exercise first. IMO.

Happy to clarify for those wondering like you.
You just contradicted him. So you don’t believe him. You repeatedly invoke people’s names to try to give your nonsense validity.

jt04

You just contradicted him. So you don’t believe him. You repeatedly invoke people’s names to try to give your nonsense validity.

I admitted I questioned his insider knowledge often early on. Same with Martin and spirit. But I realized Lee rarely got things wrong. So I believe the conversation happened, and have for a long time. But I don't believe any of our insiders know what was in Iger's mind at the time.

P.S. Even if Iger was serious, he couldn't make such a move without the board and potentially government approval. Just saying.

Disstevefan1

I admitted I questioned his insider knowledge often early on. Same with Martin and spirit. But I realized Lee rarely got things wrong. So I believe the conversation happened, and have for a long time. But I don't believe any of our insiders know what was in Iger's mind at the time.

P.S. Even if Iger was serious, he couldn't make such a move without the board and potentially government approval. Just saying.

Just my opinion.
I got here late, I noticed talk of selling the parks.. My heart says no, but that does sound like a short sighted thing The Walt Disney Company would do. Walt would be spinning in his grave!

The Walt Disney Company will do whatever it wants for whatever reason it wants whenever it wants. We are only spectators.

Lilofan

Just my opinion.
I got here late, I noticed talk of selling the parks.. My heart says no, but that does sound like a short sighted thing The Walt Disney Company would do. Walt would be spinning in his grave!

The Walt Disney Company will do whatever it wants for whatever reason it wants whenever it wants. We are only spectators.
I believe TWDC cannot be sold unless it get company shareholders approval. If selling divisions of the company, I do not think shareholders need to approve.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just my opinion.
Hey, if Walt had had to sell the parks to keep the movies cranking out, he would have.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
But it was "billed" as a "latest and greatest". Execution, Delivery, and Reception are a different story.
As a reputable insider named Lee said years back (who no longer posts here), it's a "nice little D ticket". That's what Disney classifies it as internally. But it's definitely not on the level of a POTC, Splash Mtn or Big Thunder.

Disney says that about pretty much everything they build. Little Mermaid as well. When Toy Story Land was announced for DHS, they laughably compared it to Cars Land in terms of quality. It's all marketing nonsense.
I don't recall 7DMT ever being billed as anything like this. Most of the marketing was around New Fantasyland as a whole, there was relatively little fanfare for 7DMT individually.

tirian

It was a bust... from a certain point of view. ;)

Disney did a lot of things wrong in opening up SWGE which made sure that not only didn't people show up for the opening of the land in DL, but it suppressed attendance for all of DL by scaring away customers.

Over at WDW where people plan their vacations a year in advance, they advertised SWGE would open in "Late Fall," and then, surprise, open months earlier.

And in both parks, open without the headliner and without many of the interactive/entertainment features that were hyped. Which means they should have softened expectations by calling it a 'soft opening' or a 'preview.'

Once the headliner opened, both lands were swarmed.
I get the “View” reference, Darth. ;)

tirian

And no good idea ever dies. The app and A.I. will allow these ideas to flourish should they choose. IMO.
Except that it’s not a good idea because it didn’t consider the reality of daily operations for FAR more guests than you have on a cruise ship. ;)

Tokyo’s new system is the refined solution and costs significantly less than the complete waste of money in Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom