Omg, wait 'till you hear this!

FrankLapidus

But the ones who will be fooled will be the newbies who haven't read my messages. You guys are already been initiated ages ago. The newbies will believe it because it will sound less ridiculous to them as it will with you all here.

Ok. But if you hadn't just warned us that you're planning to attempt an April Fools you might have stood a chance of fooling everyone, newbie or not.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
My pizza delivery guy told me that Disney was merging with Google to create Disoogle, a new media / internet empire. One of the things they will do is take the information they will mine from your NGE MagicBand, and then use the MagicBand to send small electronic shocks to herd you into merchandise locations based on your internet search history.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Back on topic, I cringe at the very thought of Disney selling their parks - even if its just a partnership.
But, as I mentioned, from an executive POV, I can see how it may look like something to seriously consider and that it may actually make the parks more profitable. I don't have an opinion yet as to if I'm in favor of such an idea. Thoughts?

I'll play.

If Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong are run so much better then WDW why wouldn't we want that kind of partnership here?

StarWarsGirl

facepalm.jpg
This made me laugh so hard!!!

Bob Saget

What I am writing today is honestly serious.
I seriously think what you wrote was honest. However I honestly don't think your Comcast guy was serious. If he was, then perhaps his sources seriously hadn't been completely honest with him. If Disney was seriously considering selling the parks to China, a Comcast installation man wouldn't honestly be the most serious source for such information. Honestly.

the.dreamfinder

Among others.
I'd likely be in favor if a Tokyo type deal with OLC, since they have a proven track record.

But, at this point...it's moot.
Hmm... what if a new SVP of P&R created a mentoring program for VPs staffed with Tokyo and Old Time execs being mentored in Tokyo/DLR and then given Carte Blance to fix TDO.

While I'm at it: Some suggestions
Reduce the college program and international program rolls by 70%-80% and rely more on full time employment at all levels of the resort(no more Phils)

Curtail the cubicle farms(already being done according to Lutz)

Pay lower level employees a living wage with benefits.(like they used to)

Return to the culture of treating every guest like a VIP.

Impose a strictly enforced dress code.

Kill DDP and discounting.

Increase maintenance staffing and funding and make sure they can communicate problems to the VPs directly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom