The Red Button Option

jt04

Don't bother.

jt has been promoting the idea that BGs will be used just about at all parks for all attractions. Without any proof that's where Disney is headed. That's what jt means by "IMO."

Yes! and Yes. But I don't think it will be all attractions. And we are at least 3 to 5 years away from such a system IMO.

RaiseTheShields

They should have just used the spider man / transformers ride system. That seems to actually work and uses an elevator / lift system.
What about a drop with motion base? That’s a sore subject for the ride. Amongst other things.

Admittedly I don’t know anything about the two rides you mentioned. Low-level stuff like what park has these rides.

Touchdown

Jumping back a bit, Maters is a marriage of two rides, Whips and Crazy Daisys/Cuddle Ups Someone thought that the latter were not running today and that is not true. While there are no longer any 3 or 4 turntable versions, 2 turn table versions still exist; New Hampshire has two of them:

StoryLand‘s Alice’s Tea Cups;

Canobie Lake’s Crazy Cups

As a child I went to both parks every summer, I was incredibly disappointed in MKs tea cups when I rode them as they were too slow and didn’t whip around like I was accustomed to.

Last edited:

tirian

That's not true at all. For access to the land itself, WDW used the boarding group system for half a day, then never used it again. DLR and WDW both continue to use BGs for ROTR, though.
Are you sure WDW only used BGs for half of one day? I thought they needed it for their entire “grand opening” period of about two weeks.

If that’s the case, the land’s opening was a bust on both coasts. :(

tirian

Don't bother.

jt has been promoting the idea that BGs will be used just about at all parks for all attractions. Without any proof that's where Disney is headed. That's what jt means by "IMO."
I agree there’s no proof of that, but the idea IS close to the original intent of NextGen. “Schedule your whole day like excursions, dining, and entertainment on the DCL.” That was the sales pitch.

(We’ve discussed FP+ and ops procedures and reality and all that stuff ad nauseam. There’s no reason for me to bring them up in an unrelated thread.)

WDW Pro

Original Poster
Are you seriously claiming that RotR wouldn't have six hour waits if it had standby lines?! Either coast?

Bit by bit you chip away at your credibility.

The old "are you saying" fallacy...

Rise does not = Galaxies Edge.

Then Train catches correctly how the wording was changed.

If that’s true it’s an epic fail on Disney for not being able to operate an attraction reliably. I mean... that goes into Rocket Rods Territory does it not?

Then likewise notes that the JT beloved BG system revealed little interest in the land at opening.

Don't bother.

Followed by Penguin noting what it was always about.

MerlinTheGoat

According to you he was the “tropes” and “memes”.
Glad someone else said it first, JT is engaging in revisionism. Similarly to how he continues to behave when replying to marni1971, jt consistently pulled the same "will wait for an actual trustworthy source" crap in response to Lee as well. This continued until Lee finally stopped posting here.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom