The Red Button Option

Tom P.

wrong, there will be football, at least part of the seasons (nfl and college) too much money, the nfl would survive.. but it would hurt alot of parties the nfl doesnt want to hurt.. and college football there is so much more people dont understand about how catastrophic it would be if it was cancelled.... it might be delayed though.
I very seriously doubt it. My prediction is both college and pro football try to start up. But within a couple weeks time, there are many testing positive throughout the various teams. It is almost inevitable. And at that point, they will end up shutting back down, probably for the rest of the season.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If the death rate keeps dropping then that is great news and will keep FL moving forward with opening. We can see how it tracks....

Death rate in FL isn't dropping. The way the state collects death numbers can be behind by as much as two weeks as per their own state dashboard. This makes the last two weeks of stats always look like the death numbers are falling. Here's what it looks like when you get county numbers directly every day:

1595294141490.png

Castmbr

I know that the media pounds of the number of cases as the end all be all but people are going to get this and we need to treat people who get it and not prolong this to kill more people by other means than COVID.

The death rate in FL is falling daily and the heath dept is watching that as the main indicator....the media is about sensational stuff and ratings. The underlying data gives us a better handle on real information.

A few questions that no one is asking in the media.
Of these cases that were reported in March, April, May , June - do these people ever recover or become free of transmission after x weeks? Do you ever not have transmittable covid after recovery?
What does success look like? All I hear is fear and wear a mask or you will kill everyone
What happens if we never get a vaccine for this virus like many other viruses? Is this your new normal

Death rate in FL isn't dropping. The way the state collects death numbers can be behind by as much as two weeks as per their own state dashboard. This makes the last two weeks of stats always look like the death numbers are falling. Here's what it looks like when you get county numbers directly every day:

View attachment 485188

the.dreamfinder

I know that the media pounds of the number of cases as the end all be all but people are going to get this and we need to treat people who get it and not prolong this to kill more people by other means than COVID.

The death rate in FL is falling daily and the heath dept is watching that as the main indicator....the media is about sensational stuff and ratings. The underlying data gives us a better handle on real information.

A few questions that no one is asking in the media.
Of these cases that were reported in March, April, May , June - do these people ever recover or become free of transmission after x weeks? Do you ever not have transmittable covid after recovery?
What does success look like? All I hear is fear and wear a mask or you will kill everyone
What happens if we never get a vaccine for this virus like many other viruses? Is this your new normal
It doesn’t matter if the death rate is falling.
  1. More COVID cases means more beds and resources in hospital taken away from other needs like elective procedures, cancer treatment, labour and delivery/NICU.
  2. People who get COVID could very well experience permanent damage to their bodies after they have recovered.
  3. The herd immunity crap being peddled about will result in far more deaths and a prolonged recession/depression than is necessary
The parks, like FL, opened prematurely and there are folks who don’t care about the consequences and will distort the data to justify your worldview.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
The death rate in FL is falling daily

No, it's not. You just quoted the stats to show that's not true at all.

I just told you that the most recent FL numbers are not complete and they always make it look like the numbers are falling when they aren't. Here's FL's own dashboard:

1595296132511.png

You can't use their last two weeks death numbers as accurate. But look at what was happening a full two weeks before that. And look at the continuing rise in positives.

The numbers are **NOT** going down.

Last edited:

Castmbr

It doesn’t matter if the death rate is falling.
  1. More COVID cases means more beds and resources in hospital taken away from other needs like elective procedures, cancer treatment, labour and delivery/NICU.
  2. People who get COVID could very well experience permanent damage to their bodies after they have recovered.
  3. The herd immunity crap being peddled about will result in far more deaths and a prolonged recession/depression
The parks, like FL, opened prematurely and there are folks who don’t care about the consequences and will distort the data to justify your worldview.

I am sad to hear that there is little open mindedness on options but OK.....

#1 Your correlation and/or dependence on the death rate is not correct to ICU beds and hospitalizations. The Health dept has been monitoring ICU and Hospital beds like a hawk in the last 8 weeks. Those are tracking OK for now but can always change.

For #2 - OK and.....
For #3 - you just told me that your are not open to other possible scenarios.

Sorry that you feel that way

DVCakaCarlF

I just told you that the most recent FL numbers are not complete and they always make it look like the numbers are falling when they aren't. Here's FL's own dashboard:

View attachment 485199

You can't use their last two weeks death numbers as accurate. But look as what was happening a full two weeks before that. And looks at the continuing rise in positives.

I like the arrow you drew...very analytical.

Castmbr

I am sorry...do you know what death rate is? See the link below

View attachment 485199

You can't use their last two weeks death numbers as accurate. But look as what was happening a full two weeks before that. And looks at the continuing rise in positives.

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

#1 Your correlation and/or dependence on the death rate is not correct to ICU beds and hospitalizations. The Health dept has been monitoring ICU and Hospital beds like a hawk in the last 8 weeks. Those are tracking OK for now but can always change.

For #2 - OK and.....

What kind of open-mindedness are you looking for? Many hospitals in Florida have full ICU capacity. The death rate IS going up. These are facts, not opinions subject to open-mindedness.

Castmbr

What kind of open-mindedness are you looking for? Many hospitals in Florida have full ICU capacity. The death rate IS going up. These are facts, not opinions subject to open-mindedness.

OK..I explained a few post why ICU beds are where they are and profitable but The death rate is not rising. You need to understand what death rate means before saying it is rising. I can google that for you if needed....just let me know

the.dreamfinder

For #2 - OK and.....

Ignorance/willful ignorance isn’t a valid viewpoint.

Castmbr

Question for @Castmbr , why are you posting here. By stating you are an employee of the company, are you not in some way representing them whilst you spread harmful misinformation about the state of the Coronavirus in FL?

I guess it is to educate on where things are with a differing viewpoint. It seems to be a green field that needs some good counterpoint and proper info. That is not welcome? Also.... I am certain that layoffs are coming very soon so people need to see what is going on.

I have 2 other posts that are waiting for Mod approval with more info. Look for those when the Mod gets to them.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Why be obtuse or ignorant when you don't have to be... follow the link I provided and you see this? Just because you don't like the information doesn't mean it is wrong.

View attachment 485210

Of course **death rate** is going down as more and more positives are discovered.

But death rate is a trailing indicator.

Also, if it's mainly younger people getting the virus who are less likely to die, that will also push death rate down.

However, those younger people visit their grandparents, and work as cashiers in grocery stores where older and more vulnerable people go. So, if you have the positive rate spike among younger people, you won't see death rates go up.... immediately. But that spike in positives is very likely to come in contact with those who had been isolating... and then the absolute number of deaths increase. Which it is. An article in the Times yesterday chronicles how coronavirus is starting to spread in The Villages.

Actual number of deaths keep going up.

Castmbr

Of course **death rate** is going down as more and more positives are discovered.

But death rate is a trailing indicator.

Also, if it's mainly younger people getting the virus who are less likely to die, that will also push death rate down.

However, those younger people visit their grandparents, and work as cashiers in grocery stores where older and more vulnerable people go. So, if you have the positive rate spike among younger people, you won't see death rates go up.... immediately. But that spike in positives is very likely to come in contact with those who had been isolating... and then the absolute number of deaths increase. Which it is. An article in the Times yesterday chronicles how coronavirus is starting to spread in The Villages.

Actual number of deaths keep going up.

Ok so I was not spreading "misinformation"....that is good

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom