The Red Button Option

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I don't know how many people are willing to travel right now. I look at Kings Island and they are closed 2 days a week now cause of lack of attendance.
Most of my family and colleagues are ready and willing to go wherever we're allowed, but our governors won't let us leave the states we're in. Dollywood is cutting entire dates as well, but the perception most people seem to have about Disney is "I'm not going... I hear it's a nightmare to get through the resort reservation system."

Jrb1979

Most of my family and colleagues are ready and willing to go wherever we're allowed, but our governors won't let us leave the states we're in. Dollywood is cutting entire dates as well, but the perception most people seem to have about Disney is "I'm not going... I hear it's a nightmare to get through the resort reservation system."
They don't want people traveling out of state right now. I'm surprised more states aren't encouraging people to travel within their own states for vacation. That's what is happening here.

Slpy3270

Great. More "Disney Doomed" .

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Great. More "Disney Doomed" .
Care to summarize for those of us too cheap to subscribe?

TrainsOfDisney

I don't know how many people are willing to travel right now. I look at Kings Island and they are closed 2 days a week now cause of lack of attendance.

I keep track of the tourist railroads and operations like TVRM in Chattanooga usually operate a museum train 7 days a week, plus an extended excursion on Saturdays and dinner trains. Plus a 2nd location out of Etowah TN. They are down to running just the museum train 4 days a week.

Likewise Great Smoky Mountains Railroad usually runs 2 separate trains during the summer. One East and one West. They are running the eastbound route only, and just 4 days a week.

The demand is simply not there. They would be running 7 days a week if it made financial sense.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If we look at Sweden's numbers (and if they could predict our future), then we should expect the death rate to drop sooner than the infection rate. I expect that this virus will continue to circulate within our population but in a less virulent fashion in the future
That’d be nice chuck.

Castmbr

Like Covid itself, the general Covid discussion has now infected this thread (as if there isn't anywhere else on the site to endlessly go back and forth about such things...).

Which one of you wasn't wearing a mask?

No choice but to wear it for me at work so...... after being force to wear it all day at work then coming home I usually choose to not go anywhere that requires a mask. The Mask thing is politically charged now and people get all crazy. I don't like the mask but I know that this will have to pass and I will much as little as possible to stay out of the mask.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The demand is simply not there.
The question is why?

1. Afraid of the virus?
2. Don't feel like dealing with the restrictions?
3. Governor won't let you leave the state without quarantining on your return?

The "solutions" for each of those can make the other worse, so it's a major catch-22. I.e., mask and social distancing rules might appease people who are afraid of the virus, but they'll drive away the people who don't feel like dealing with the restrictions.

rreading

The question is why?

1. Afraid of the virus?

The "solutions" for each of those can make the other worse, so it's a major catch-22. I.e., mask and social distancing rules might appease people who are afraid of the virus, but they'll drive away the people who don't feel like dealing with the restrictions.

We'll be there Thursday! We'll see what happens! As much as we're excited to be there, we're not looking forward to the masks in the heat.

carolina_yankee

The question is why?

1. Afraid of the virus?

There's a #4. Required to quarantine upon arrival in Florida. Currently, 3 and 4 overlap, but that wasn't always the case, and it's possible for #3 to disappear and #4 to stay in place since one region is using data to determine quarantines and another state isn't.

Castmbr

I'll take "Don't feel like dealing with the restrictions" for 500.

The question is why?

1. Afraid of the virus?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
There's a #4. Required to quarantine upon arrival in Florida. Currently, 3 and 4 overlap, but that wasn't always the case, and it's possible for #3 to disappear and #4 to stay in place since one region is using data to determine quarantines and another state isn't.
They should just lock DeSantis and Cuomo in a Hell in a Cell and let them end this once and for all.

I'll take "Don't feel like dealing with the restrictions" for 500.
tenor.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom