The Red Button Option

Castmbr

Infection rate drop would assume that we can stop "the 'rona" before everyone gets it.

It's hard to stop a flu /common cold with this level of contagion rate and the initial intent of "flatten the curve" was to not overwhelm the hospitals. I would say mission accomplished at this time but we will just need to monitor from now on that is why the death rate and hospitalization numbers are really the only important data points until we have herd immunity or a vaccine. Sorry I am a Data guy not feelings guy....

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Also under consideration is freezing the resort reopening process; Disney is having trouble filling Pop, Ft. Wilderness, Contemporary, and DVC. The last thing they need/want is to add more to that balancing act at the moment.
They can't fill the resorts because there isn't enough park capacity though, right? Aren't they filling the parks every day?

Seems like a huge miscalculation to open more room inventory than the parks capacity could have supported.

jt04

They can't fill the resorts because there isn't enough park capacity though, right? Aren't they filling the parks every day?

Seems like a huge miscalculation to open more room inventory than the parks capacity could have supported.

Does it increase overhead much to add availability? Doesn't seem like it would.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I have a very legitimate and genuine question...aside from the benefit of inside information for self gratitude, why do insiders feel the need to post and share info on the forums? I mean I am personally very appreciative and grateful of any knowledge they feel appropriate to share and I never question anything as I have no inside info to dispute or corroborate anything, just makes for interesting and often very insightful reads. But I find it very odd how some people take things so personal and insist on discrediting or calling someone out. So what’s the benefit in being an insider and why do people get all up in arms about what someone may post? Who cares if they’re wrong. If they’re wrong enough isn’t there an ignore button for that? Again i’m being genuine with my curiosity
Everyone has an agenda.

jinx8402

I don't think that is the issue, because parks, other than DHS, are not hitting the capacity numbers Disney initially set. The issue is demand is not as strong as anticipated, so more hotels are not needed.

Jrb1979

There isn't enough people filling the parks to justify opening more resorts. They are selling day of tickets for a reason. They don't have enough people staying at the resorts to fill the reservations for each park.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
There isn't enough people filling the parks to justify opening more resorts. They are selling day of tickets for a reason. They don't have enough people staying at the resorts to fill the reservations for each park.
I must have missed that, I thought the park reservations were selling out.

jt04

I don't think that is the issue, because parks, other than DHS, are not hitting the capacity numbers Disney initially set. The issue is demand is not as strong as anticipated, so more hotels are not needed.

They have so much flexibility with the number of resorts they open but more importantly with the number of wings or floors they open within a resort. Seems like a non-issue when compared to everything else. If they were going to be ahead of the game it would be with room availability. IMO.

Jrb1979

Interesting. In that case, I'd say they're doing a poor job explaining their inventory to the general public. I know plenty of people who would love to go but they're not going to spend money on a room unless they can guarantee they'll be able to get in the parks.
I don't know how many people are willing to travel right now. I look at Kings Island and they are closed 2 days a week now cause of lack of attendance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom