The Red Button Option

mwf5555

Are we ready and willing to pay higher prices? Last I heard millions have lost their jobs and many businesses closed and some not expected to re-open. Those who need their meds that are in in a bad financial situation would be challenged to pay higher prices.
speaking for myself, yes. doesn't sound like that you would though. there was a time that we produced these things here, we can do it again. I'm not willing to take the risk anymore having China hold America hostage if we don't bend to them politically.

bcoachable

Trouble with selling Shanghai is it’s Iger’s legacy project. To another level, in the event he does decide to run for office some time soon, he could use that park to show expertise in foreign policy. Yea, I can see this possibly causing some in house issues...

Lilofan

Trouble with selling Shanghai is it’s Iger’s legacy project. To another level, in the event he does decide to run for office some time soon, he could use that park to show expertise in foreign policy. Yea, I can see this possibly causing some in house issues...
He is at least 70 years old and worth over $500 million net worth. Call it a day and enjoy the rest of his life.

It Is What It Is

Not buying any stock in "The Red Button Option". Makes no sense. Any CEO/CFO/CoB, anyone high enough in management worth their salt would want to know their options, so yes, there might be someone to be asked to look into what the pros or cons of what a 'sell' situation might look like. But to suggest there is a divide at that level of leadership is ludicrous. And if there were, the source giving the info, that would be willing to violate their NDA to report something akin to high school gossip, comes off as suspect just from the willingness to report something akin to high school gossip. They shouldn't be that high up in the company to be giving, 'did you hear Cheryl and Diane don't like each other now because they both like Jim?' supposed factoids to anyone. They have way too much to lose professionally and personally. And we're not talking low level stuff like, did you hear that some ride might be added or subtracted.

Even if there were a grain of truth to looking into what the sale of Hong Kong and Shanghai would look like, no decision of that magnitude would even be considered until after November. Remember what happens in November?

I don't even think Disney is having a melt down over the billions it will lose this coming year. There will be a vaccine or some medicine within the year to combat Covid. Things will slowly go back to normal. In a few years the company will be printing money again if someone like Iger is in charge. Yeah, I already hear most of your thoughts on Iger.

Disney's main concern is keeping their stock price up. If the stock price goes too low from the cash hemorrhage, the sharks at the big tech companies will smell blood. I'm already entertaining thoughts of my favorite company being called 'Apple Disney', and I rather it not.

And what is the big deal about Twitter??? Companies don't keep their trade secrets on Twitter servers. The worst thing there is someone might hackingly tweet that Jim likes Cheryl more than he likes Diane.

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

@WDW Pro I don't know who your "sources" are, but unfortunately they are wrong. Yes, there is a red button option, but it's not what you heard. To help recuperate our losses, soon we will begin selling red buttons in our parks that say "I ❤ BOB CHAPEK". We are aware that these will be in high demand so we are mass producing 100,000 of these.

$59.99 per button.
I’ll take all 100,000.

RETLAW

This right here. No one from out of state is going to risk their health to pay rack rate at WDW. POP at $180 per night? Please. That's why it isn't filling up.

They just can't charge prices like that. They have to know this, that's why the run promotions every single day, every year. No one is going to pay $180 for POP.

Put on the 50% discounts and try that.

I just drove around WDW yesterday, and I can tell you that I was surprised by the number of out of state plates in the resort parking lots, and the theme park parking lots. I would say only about 1/8 of the cars had Florida plates.

DarkMetroid567

However, all of the posts questioning the legitimacy of posters' knowledge have been crossing into the realm of personal attacks, so they have, and will, be deleted.
This doesn't make any real sense. This is straight up a rumor forum; if you can't question the legitimacy of a rumor and who posts them, it's no longer a discussion, it's just a useless platform to post whatever idea comes up.

I would greatly reconsider this. There is a difference between "this person is likely lying or not telling the whole truth" and "this person is a horrible person."

JJJ

I totally agree. Though I wonder how long until China just takes full ownership from Disney with no recompense.
I don't really see how this would benefit the Chinese Government's interest in attracting foreign investment. Shanghai Disney is (supposedly) supposed to help make Shanghai a showcase of the new China, and how the country's now a great spot for foreign companies to come, set up shop, and invest. Nationalizing the resort would seriously undermine this goal. Even if relations between the US and China continue to deteriorate, I doubt China would want to jeopardize 30 years of work in making the country attractive to investors from the rest of the world.

The Mom

Premium Member
This doesn't make any real sense. This is straight up a rumor forum; if you can't question the legitimacy of a rumor and who posts them, it's no longer a discussion, it's just a useless platform to post whatever idea comes up.

I would greatly reconsider this. There is a difference between "this person is likely lying or not telling the whole truth" and "this person is a horrible person."

Declaring - openly- that another poster "is likely lying or not telling the whole truth" is crossing the line into a personal attack. I just take everything "insiders" post with a grain of salt - or sometimes a whole shaker full - depending upon the poster.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

Declaring - openly- that another poster "is likely lying or not telling the whole truth" is crossing the line into a personal attack. I just take everything "insiders" post with a grain of salt - or sometimes a whole shaker full - depending upon the poster.

Speaking generally and not referring to anyone specific, the worst thing you can do is feed a troll someone seeking attention for themselves. If you leave them alone and ignore them they go away and become irrelevant.

Seanual757

Are we ready and willing to pay higher prices? Last I heard millions have lost their jobs and many businesses closed and some not expected to re-open. Those who need their meds that are in in a bad financial situation would be challenged to pay higher prices.

No people will NOT just look people cannot travel to Florida, and most folks going are APH's I am sorry but doing a price increase now would be Suicide for Disney right now. I don't care how much people love Disney in these uncertain times limited access, limited travel, not sure if you will have the majority of folks will not pay.

Yes my family loved Disney we own 3 DVC resorts and have 6 Platinum Plus passes any increase until this pandemic is over we will save our $$ for something else. Too many unknowns at this time Disney is a luxury many of us will put on the back burner once our passes expire in Jan 2021. Like other we are not getting any benefit of being Platinum Plus pass holders with no water parks and we are in the 98+ degree temps in Florida. The last thing Disney needs to do is off APH's the folks who are going to continue to come and spend money at the parks while others (out of state) cannot come to Florida and pump $$$$ into the parks with each visit. We typically dump $100+ per visit each week on food and toys for the kids we averaged 4-6 times a month going to Disney, add to that our 4-7 stays each year (19-22 nights a year) at the resorts sure they are DVC but we do the dining plan, and buy gifts with each visit, our July 4th tip we dumped over $300 in gifts, and $500 in food. If Disney wants to be stupid and up the prices on passes during these times and lose valuable passholders and DVC owners go ahead we will not continue to support them and I am sure many are in the same boat. Don't burn the hands that can help keep you afloat during these hard time.

Nubs70

Any implications on new DCL ships?

Looks like the ship builder is taking a break in operations.

Pandemic forces German cruise ship-builder into temporary shutdown

Lilofan

Any implications on new DCL ships?

Looks like the ship builder is taking a break in operations.

Pandemic forces German cruise ship-builder into temporary shutdown
Ex DCL and EuroDisney President Tom Wolber left Disney a few years ago to be CEO of Crystal Cruises. He should have stayed at Disney.

Castmbr

What about available hospital capacity? ICUs?

That specific data is harder to find but the health dept would be screaming if the hospitals were trending the wrong way.

The ICUs are the most profitable area for the hospital so they usually are 80%+. They have not reported any significant deviation from that percentage according to the Orange county health dept last week. We have been relying on Orange County heavily for trending and it has been steady given the hospitals have started taking elective surgeries and people are coming in now for things other than COVID.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If the death rate keeps dropping then that is great news and will keep FL moving forward with opening. We can see how it tracks....

Infection rate dropping would be better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom