Trip Report The *really* last Pre-trip report til 2020- AKA Ya right, you keep saying that.

The *really* last trip til 2020 pre-trip report (aka- ya right, okay, you keep saying that) 😑

Ya, ya... I said I wasn’t going and that May was the last til 2020.

My husband and @Tuvalu shared a laugh about that at our meet up in May.

He already knew he was going to have me book for Mother’s Day. Sneaky fella, but awesome fella to go with me as many times as he has. He loves it but not to my insane degree.

So, my name is Disneygigi- I am an addict. Some people are addicted to drugs or gambling. I am addicted to Disney. Whatever... lol

The Who- (Not the band) Us.

Just Myself and B -
2D8B34C8-7F62-445A-8E7F-54A0D955033F.jpeg

After all the kazillion vacations with kids, we finally realized we kinda, really like just us vacations.

Much to my children’s horror probably!

It will be our 27th wedding anniversary- we have spent so many there for it, I have lost count of the years- but a lot! Only one has been spent just the two of us though.

The When- 8-18 - 8-24- * new dates are 8/24-8/30 at Disney, followed by 5 days at the beach to chill and relax.

The where? Coronado Springs, of course! I did not choose the Tower though. I am sure the rooms are beautiful, but I would rather stay in Casitas. I still like the more spread out of rooms, than say like Bay Lake Towers, and such. It seems more hotel like than resort to me. We do have a late dining booked at Toledo, and can’t wait to see the fireworks views from up there. Coronado was a hidden spot to me for years for fireworks. Still shocked it took this long to build a building with views from this resort.

Debating on adding dining, because I liked not having a table service everyday.

We do have a Crystal Palace breakfast. Pooh. Nothing else needs to be said, lol- Mama Melrose Fantasmic, And Toledo booked.

I debated for 3 seconds going during the opening of Galaxy’s Edge- but no. I don’t care to see it right off the bat and fight the crazy crowds. If Marvel Land was coming to WDW, that would probably be a different story because Marvel is my thing!
I actually added the 18th to be able to see GotG show at Epcot.
They do run it that last day right?

Fastpasses in 3 1/2 weeks. Anybody notice if that glitch is still open to book early? Wanna say I made mine around 65 days or so for May.

The only part I hate is summer will be winding down when we get home. I don’t know why I don’t live farther south than I do.... Oh ya, my kids, and grandson! We so should have moved when they were little lol!

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I would've gladly join you, but I changed the dates for my Solo Trip too, in part because I (like you!), started to worry about the GE crowds!
I'll be at WDW Aug 19 - 27.

Frank too, felt a bit uneasy about me going by myself under those circumstances 😐

I believe that a few here will be at WDW in August (?)
Brave guy!

Hoping he was just running on very little sleep lol no way can I see him standing in that crowd opening morning. Later in the day the next day- maybe but not day one.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
View attachment 377418
This is my new grand (fur)baby. Her name is Morgana. I call her Little Mo much to T's chagrin. I'm good w/ a furbaby grandchild for now...LOL!
A Torbie! My Nala is a Torbie. Torbietude is real lol but also so sweet. If you haven’t already, google it! She is gorgeous. Nala just has a few spots of the orange tabby on her toes and a crazy orange here and there on her back. I wish she had as much Little Mo! 😍😍

PacNWTigger

She is pretty darn spunky. I love it when she goes in "monkey mode"
giphy.gif

Kind of similar to this except MUCH faster all over his apartment. She would be a pretty good parkour athlete. :hilarious:

Rista1313

Well, I just changed my dates... B wanted to go while Star Wars is opening. 😑 As much as he goes along with my Disney addiction it isn’t like I could say no.
New dates are 24th- 30th and we will be there for our actual anniversary and get trampled at DHS the day after!!

Wait.. i thought star wars opening was 8/31?

LeighM

Looking forward to your trip report! Riverside has always been my favorite moderate but I think this second trip to Coronado in April bumped it up to be tied #1 for me. R and I were thinking about joining DVC but I think I might miss the moderates too much. I really do enjoy them. So when we go back in 2021/2022, we think we might get the APs and take 2 trips and get the AP discounts. We really enjoyed our split stays this year so I'm already torn over where to stay - and the trip isn't for another 2 years :facepalm:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Looking forward to your trip report! Riverside has always been my favorite moderate but I think this second trip to Coronado in April bumped it up to be tied #1 for me. R and I were thinking about joining DVC but I think I might miss the moderates too much. I really do enjoy them. So when we go back in 2021/2022, we think we might get the APs and take 2 trips and get the AP discounts. We really enjoyed our split stays this year so I'm already torn over where to stay - and the trip isn't for another 2 years :facepalm:
I adore Coronado. We have spent so many trips there, it just feels like home to me. Never been to the other moderates. Always swear I am gonna try Riverside but never do. We stayed at OKW and B did not like where it was. Villa was beautiful and spacious though. His argument against Riverside is it is the same area as OKW. :-/ We have thought about doing DVC for years. I wish we would have a long time ago, when we first really considered it!
APs are the way to do it! Makes so much more sense if you stay a longer trip or go back! I will get mine again just not renewing so I am not tied to that renewal. We are not going back til fall 2020 after this one. Or so I say lol!

LeighM

I adore Coronado. We have spent so many trips there, it just feels like home to me. Never been to the other moderates. Always swear I am gonna try Riverside but never do. We stayed at OKW and B did not like where it was. Villa was beautiful and spacious though. His argument against Riverside is it is the same area as OKW. :-/ We have thought about doing DVC for years. I wish we would have a long time ago, when we first really considered it!
APs are the way to do it! Makes so much more sense if you stay a longer trip or go back! I will get mine again just not renewing so I am not tied to that renewal. We are not going back til fall 2020 after this one. Or so I say lol!

Even though Riverside and OKW are both in the Disney Springs area, they are completely different in theme and atmosphere. The only thing similar is the boat ride to DS, which I love!! If I could somehow combine POR and CSR it would be the perfect resort :) The atmosphere, theme, music, boat, and food court at Riverside with the buses, pool, hot tub, and rooms at CSR LOL. I do think that, if I ever go back to WDW during the hurricane season, I would stay in the tower at CSR just so that we wouldn't be confined in our room and have access to food and drinks. Otherwise, I prefer Ranchos section and would want to stay there.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Even though Riverside and OKW are both in the Disney Springs area, they are completely different in theme and atmosphere. The only thing similar is the boat ride to DS, which I love!! If I could somehow combine POR and CSR it would be the perfect resort :) The atmosphere, theme, music, boat, and food court at Riverside with the buses, pool, hot tub, and rooms at CSR LOL. I do think that, if I ever go back to WDW during the hurricane season, I would stay in the tower at CSR just so that we wouldn't be confined in our room and have access to food and drinks. Otherwise, I prefer Ranchos section and would want to stay there.
He just did not care for it being near Disney Springs. We never go there, and we drive to the parks so Coronado is more convenient. I still wanna try POR one day though. My fave there are Cabanas and Casitas 2. We got bumped up to a King Jr. Suite at Casitas though so that may be why I like it so much lol!

LeighM

He just did not care for it being near Disney Springs. We never go there, and we drive to the parks so Coronado is more convenient. I still wanna try POR one day though. My fave there are Cabanas and Casitas 2. We got bumped up to a King Jr. Suite at Casitas though so that may be why I like it so much lol!

We didn't go to Disney Springs much either - but then they opened so many good restaurants and now it's our favorite place to eat. Besides some of the resorts of course. I'm still craving that steak and cheese sandwich I had at Pepe LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom