The Proposals: Dream Wedding

comics101

FINAL PROMPT

This prompt has been done many time across these boards and people always come up with something new every time. As it being the final prompt, I will give no limitations!

Your task is to...
Propose a 5th gate for the Walt Disney World resort.

I'm a little late to the game but wanted to get an idea out there, and it's better late than never.

I suspect most users on the Imagineering Forum know of @stitchcastle and his incredible thread titled, "If I could Improve Walt Disney World." Anyone who hasn't perused through his many ideas and sketches should get on it; it's definitely one of my favorite threads on WDWMagic.

Anyway, inspired by his ideas for a fifth gate at WDW, I decided to try my take on Port Disney.

Why Port Disney and not an original project? For starters, Port Disney already exists in another form as Tokyo Disney Sea, and therefore has a "proof of concept." This is huge when discussing an investment as large and expensive as a theme park, and we all know how risk-averse Disney has become in the last 2-3 decades. TDS' existence also allows for the recreation of several attraction clones which currently reside in Tokyo's second gate, again reducing costs. Finally, Port Disney's theme is broad in scope, allowing for a variety of lands and attractions that might be difficult to integrate into a park with a more narrow focus, such as EPCOT or DAK.

The following is little more than a quick outline of Port Disney. Perhaps in another thread I'll provide greater details for the park.

Port Disney
~Mediterranean Harbor~
DisneySea's iconic entry land is recreated for the Walt Disney World Resort, complete with the Hotel MiraCosta.

Attractions:
- Fortress & Ship Explorations
- DaVinci's Workshop -- a flying dark ride through Florence's countryside on Leonardo DaVinci's newest gliding contraption.

~Mysterious Island~
Another recreation from DisneySea, Mysterious Island brings the world of Jules Verne to Central Florida.

Attractions:
- Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Volcanic River Cruise - Think JttCotE meets Jungle Cruise. The attraction allows for more interaction with creatures of the earth's core
- Nautilus Full Service Restaurant

~Arabian Coast~
Another TDS clone, the big difference between this version and the version found in Tokyo is the removal of Sinbad's Storybook Voyage.

Attractions:
- Aladdin's Arabian Nights - Taking the place of Sinbad's Storybook Voyage, Aladdin's Arabian Nights is flying dark ride in which guests board magic carpets and soar over the rooftops of Agrabah alongside favorite characters from Disney's Aladdin.
- Royal Caravan Carousel - Cloned from TDS
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin - Spinner relocated from MK
- Genie's Puppet Theatre - A black light puppet show hosted by Genie and featuring new songs by Alan Menken and Tim Rice.

~Nemo's Great Barrier Reef~
Mermaid Lagoon becomes The Great Barrier Reef from Finding Nemo, allowing for EPCOT's The Living Seas to receive a more appropriate attraction. Like Mermaid Lagoon at TDS, Nemo's Reef is almost entirely indoors. In addition to the attractions below, puppeteers carrying puppets similar to the ones from Finding Nemo the Musical will periodically greet guests throughout the pavilion.

Attractions:
- Crush's Coaster - Paris' Walt Disney Studios Parc family coaster makes its way to WDW.
- Turtle Talk with Crush - Relocated from EPCOT
- Finding Nemo's Big Blue Voyage - An improved version of EPCOT's "Seas with Nemo" sea cab dark ride. This version includes more animatronics and physical sets, with the vehicles no longer facing one direction.
- Jelly Jumpers - A parachute jump ride as found at TDS' Mermaid Lagoon
- Bruce's Shipwreck Spinners - a tea cup spinner
- Mr. Ray's Coral Reef Playground

~Lost River Delta~
Again cloned from TDS, Port Disney's Lost River Delta is the new home of Indiana Jones at Walt Disney World.

Attractions:
- Indiana Jones River Adventure - A rapids ride through the jungles of South America
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Anaconda - EMV based adventure ride.
- Atlantis: Voyage to the Lost Empire - Based on the largely forgotten Disney feature, A:VttLE is a flume-based dark ride in which guests travel alongside Milo and his crew of misfit adventurers as they make their way to the City of Atlantis

~New York Waterfront~
Complete with TDS' luxury cruiseliner found on the area's edge, the New York Waterfront is another modified version of a land found at TDS.

Attractions:
- NYC Yellow Cab Crashers - Bumper cars themed to 1930's taxi cabs
- Ducktales: Cops and Robbers - Set in the 1930's, Ducktales is a Mr. Toad-style dark ride through a cartoon version of New York, in which guests follow Huey, Duey, and Louie's chase for the Beagle Boys, who have just robbed McDuck's Bank!
- Broadway Theatre
- SS Columbia Full Service Dining

~Sunshine Pier~
Sunshine Pier is Paradise Pier done right. Modeled after Coney Island at the turn of the Century, Sunshine Pier is an idyllic Victorian-era seaside amusement park.

Attractions:
- The Sun Wheel - An eccentric Ferris wheel offering incredible views of the park.
- The Seaside Screamer - An authentic, wooden roller coaster built into the side of Mysterious Island's Vulcania.
- Mickey's Silly Sideshow - A zany dark ride past scenes featuring classic Disney characters performing sideshow stunts. Based in part on Disneyland's unbuilt "Circus Disney."
- Victorian Swings - Similar to DCA's Silly Symphony Swings, the Victorian Swings feature painted vignettes from the classic Mickey Mouse short, "The Nifty Nineties."
- Edison Drop Tower - A drop tower dark ride in which guests are strapped into a contraption designed to generate electricity for a new project by Thomas Edison.
-Boardwalk Games

Last edited:

CookieMouse

Day 27

The new Diary of a Wimpy Kid animated movie (more like special) is now on Disney+! I am excited to see this franchise come back to life in a new form.

Your task is to...
Propose a live-action/animated adaption of ANY book series. BUT the book series must have over 3 books published already

Some reminders:
-You can keep it simple! You don’t have to make a full blown 10 page document on the ride. You can do a couple sentences and/or a few pictures. Whatever you feel comfortable with

-Don’t be scared to share your ideas! Every idea is a good idea

-Have fun with it! Don’t be afraid to think outside the box.​
Yeah this is long dead but i would easily make a animated adaptation of this book. I remember reading it in the third grade but totally forhot about it, but looking back it would totally make a great animated movie. Maybe something of a comedy, totally feels like it could be somewhat of s shrek type deal. Has a dreamworks vibe to it.
FF5E5FEC-B30B-4996-81AE-5AF26CE569B6.jpeg

Prince Liam. Prince Frederic. Prince Duncan. Prince Gustav. You’ve never heard of them, have you? These are the princes who saved Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White, and Rapunzel, respectively, and yet, thanks to those lousy bards who wrote the tales, you likely know them only as Prince Charming. But all of this is about to change.

Rejected by their princesses and cast out of their castles, the princes stumble upon an evil plot that could endanger each of their kingdoms. Now it’s up to them to triumph over their various shortcomings, take on trolls, bandits, dragons, witches, and other assorted terrors, and become the heroes no one ever thought they could be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom